View Poll Results: Would you like enemy AI reinforcements (when AI is more powerful) to:

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • join main AI army?

32 44.44%
  • attack player?

28 38.89%
  • do something else? (please post feedback)

2 2.78%
  • plant potatoes and watch Middle-earth pawn Central Europe on the market?

10 13.89%
Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore +Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ### New Imladris AI ### incl. Battle AI and Content Switcher

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Icon2 ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore +Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ### New Imladris AI ### incl. Battle AI and Content Switcher

ReallyBadAI Battle System for TATW 3.x

This mod is the most unique and comprehensive modification of battle AI ever committed, squeezing out as
    much as possible from game engine and supporting it with exclusively developed, manually scripted AI behavior, forging an unforgettable experience.

ReallyBadAI all-in-one 17-10-2012, download:HERE
    Settlement Tweaks 28-02-2011, download: HERE
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Use:Scripts start automatically with campaign.
    ;Custom Battle- scripts start automatically via advisor.
    Changes not savegame compatible.

Everything tested using well-established methodology, which ensures no imaginary functions are advertised. No empty promises, this is the real deal.
    List of current features shows after clicking download link

Main features:
    - most aggressive outflanking around
    - much better formations
    - very efficient skirmishing
    - cavalry avoiding spears
    - corrected pathfinding
    - limited possibility of exploit use

Fully exclusive scripted features (not present in any other AI mods):
    - reworked sieging and intelligent settlement bombardment
    - brand new defensive sally-out behavior, very active and smart
    - AI deploying stakes
    - AI protecting its general when attacking a settlement
    - elephant-based units properly attacking settlements
    - player sallying out can actually end up being assaulted
    - AI’s reinforcements speeding to help the main army
    - fixed cases of passive AI behavior when attacking in all battles

For the best results install desired ReallyBadAI and BattleAISwitcher.
    List of current features shows after clicking download link

Battle AI Switcher info

If you wish to have all scripted features, please install basic ReallyBadAI as well, order doesn't matter. This switcher is compatible with the latest AI.

Features:
    - new formations
    - 4 different settlement capture schemes
    - switches between set number of AIs giving a good variety of AI behaviours
    - switches between different defensive AI formations
    Current AI setup: standard, cautious, aggresive[/SPOILER]
    Proper installation notes, PLEASE READ below:
    Make sure that after unpacking the structure of new files in mods\Third_Age\ is as follows: "G5BAISwitcher.vbs" and modified "Third Age.bat (size: ~100 bytes)" in the main directory, also "AISet1" etc.
    No malicious code there, some anti-virus/firewall utilities will ask if it can access protected COM interface and svchost.exe - the script monitors if kingdoms.exe is actually running and shuts when it detects it's otherwise.

Changelist, needs update

v3-4 -minor corrections plus additional scripted features
    v2.0:
    -reworked mechanics, now running via show_me
    - always savegame-compatible
    - can be skipped if any errors occur

v1.37-38: improved scripts
    v1.36 list of changes:
    - new settlement assault formations
    - major siege revamp
    - AI more aggressive in open battles
    - fixed numerous bugs
    v0.88 list of changes:
    - better missile troops management
    - improved formation cohesion
    previous changes:
    - new siege stage progression requirements
    - improved AI movement during crossing battles
    - siege with multiple armies adjusted
    - aggressive outflanking
    - missile units concentrate fire on melee units more often
    - reduced passive behaviour of supporting AI armies
    - specifically adjusted for huge unit size
    - ladders/siege towers throughput revamped to suit huge unit size
    - outflanking improvements benefiting huge unit size
    previous changes:
    - increased unit cohesion when maneuvering
    - short-ranged missile units performance improved
    - siege adjustments, particularly siege defense
    - corrected missile troops firing positions
    - different threat assessment scheme
    - skirmish distances and reaction times: adjusted and tested
    - engage distances adjusted for better battle performance
    - encouraged outflanking: makes better use of cavalry, reduces chances of AI charging pikes and allows deep operation (achieved by changing a couple of loosely connected settings)
    - battle-analyser adjustments

Manual Mod Integration Instructions

1. Download ReallyBadAI and find a set of files in InstDir\g5\Manual_Integration\ .

2. Import combat balancing settings that are mod-specific (found in your mod's battle_config.xml):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <combat-balancing>
    <missile-target-accuracy>
    <infantry>x.x</infantry>
    <cavalry>x.x</cavalry>
    <elephants>x.x</elephants>
    </missile-target-accuracy>
    <melee-hit-rate>x.x</melee-hit-rate>
    </combat-balancing>

3. Check if your EDU uses skirmish class, try not to use it for units other than gunmen\javelins\crossbowmen, guild's missile bonuses don't apply to them (still it's very useful for units that need a direct line of sight to shoot).

4. Change formation of units based on elephant mount to horde - if it's not widely used it'll work, it's important that infantry doesn't use the formation (or very rarely), you can decrease elephants' formation spacing by ~30%.

5. You need to give all foot missile units with range exceeding 160m "extreme_range" attribute (not mandatory for quick individual integrations).

6. If your mod doesn't use mod-specific advice files and texts, you can copy advice files without problems, but if it does, then you'll need to import some values manually - entries from export_descr_advice.txt, export_descr_advice_enums.txt and export_advice.txt (all including variations of G5Script entries), you'll need to delete advice-related .bin file found in your mod's data/text directory too (and please delete the *.bin file supplied with ReallyBadAI). Keeping Vanilla advice isn't advised and will lead to battle CTDs, so in 90% of cases your best shot is just overwriting old advice files with the ones I supplied.

7. Copy-paste contents of ReallyBadAI_Scripts_v5.txt to your campaign_script.txt, preferably just above "wait_monitors" line. A note to mod creators - DO NOT cut out any lines (neither these around "G5 BAI Stuff", nor "Additional Scripts").

8. All files I didn't mention should be copied following normal routine.

9. The folder in which you need to copy the AI files is your mod's main directory (something like Medieval II Total War\mods\YourModName\).

ReallyBadAI with integrated scripts for TATW and RC-RR below:
    Installation of .zip Switcher: Unpack files to your main TATW directory (default: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\)

Last edited by Germanicu5; October 16, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI and Battle AI Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and RC+TATW

Outdated
    Campaign battle AI scripts:
    AI Shieldwall script v0.1 here: info and download

AI stakes deployment script v0.32* - at this point featured in TATW 1.1 and RC, standalone version here (timer-based version of v0.3 26-05-2009** here):

*stakes script needs campaign restart to work

**I left it because it's more suited for mods with missile units engaging far from AI's formation

- new v0.3: siege stakes and night battle stakes plus code improvement
    - executed over multiple battles and turns
    - AI deploys stakes during defensive open battles (incl crossing battles and sally-out batles too)*
    - deployment based on player unit's distance from AI general

Known limitations: stakes not deployed on roads, may need minor formation adjustments, but that's planned anyway.

Experimental ReallyBadAI Routing script available HERE

- makes every 3rd unit defending against siege rout for 10 seconds after gates/walls are initially broken through
    (reflecting panic spreading after seeing defences fall).
    Installation of non-integrated scripts: Copy the code to your campaign script file anywhere between "script" and "wait_monitors+end_script" lines, preferably to the bottom of the file. Needs campaign restart. If you wish to use stakes + routing script, only copy-paste the non-repeating part of the routing code.

No limits on private use, if anyone wishes to include the scripts in a mod, please ask.
    Last edited by Germanicu5; July 25, 2011 at 04:05 AM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI and Battle AI Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and RC+TATW

nice, thanks!

Sorry for my English...German Guy

Looks interesting
    I'll check it out

Why do you insist on calling it ReallyBadAI . You're being a bit overly humble, unlike somebody else we all know... *COUGHCOUGHCOUGHXERCOUGHCOUGHYXCOUGHCOUGH*, but anyway great job like always. An actually functioning AI is always a plus...

WOW nice work

Tiro

OMG next sub-mod. There are so many of them I'm slowly getting lost in that

Anyway this is nice thing, battle AI is sometimes really stupid.
    Sorry for my bad english , I don't mind correcting!

Quote Originally Posted by HUtH View Post
    OMG next sub-mod. There are so many of them I'm slowly getting lost in that
    ...battle AI is sometimes really stupid.
    I hear that. I spend as much time on staying on top of the latest submods as playing the game. I really hope a lot of these mods get merged together.

Thanks for the current merger work with RC as I would choose better stats versus better AI.

@JonSnow
    The name reflects my sense of humour and lack of belief in big words. I could write something like that: "Xtreme AI - the darkest battle experience since the battle of Teutoborg Forest (hmm... 2000th anniversary of that in 4 months), enormous changes to AI behaviour, never found in any other mod, bla bla bla"... totally not in my style.
    I guarantee 99% working code plus the best integrated stakes deployment script at this phase, should be enough to give it a try.

@HUtH and Lap
    I'd be glad if my AI was used for Real Combat, at this stage battle_config.xml is already in their release, which is the smaller out of 2 main AI files.

Regards

Hello Germanicu5 I have try youre mod , and the siege are really more improved, i dont see really diference with the skirmisher with javelin, there always stay work around unit's even theyre are more aggressive.
    But the battle's are singificatly more intersting, thanks for youre good work!

For information, i dont have use the campaign script for continue my campaign , ill just use the BAI

Very good addict to the game ill recomend you're mod.
    Last edited by steroid; May 07, 2009 at 04:33 AM.

So this submod doesn't touch Campaign AI at all? If so and if possible could you also make this compatible with ZZZZ's Campaign AI submod?
    We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
    - Charlie Chaplin

This is a very good BAI, we've been using it in SS for a while

@steroid
    There actually is a significant difference regarding skirmishers - they turn around and withdraw faster and their initial withdrawing range is larger, which keeps them less prone to cavalry attacks, plus they don't rush out 150m from AI's formation to meet the enemy in battle.

@Haerski
    It's pure battle AI and I'd actually prefer ZZZZ didn't touch battle AI files... I know he did it in good faith. The setting he tweaked doesn't influence the size of army AI brings to siege a settlement (as both xml files are meant to be loaded when battle starts, if caching of files is off it's clearly visible they do get loaded only then), but in-battle actions. Any changes need proper testing methodology and only that approach brings good results, I'll post some general hints and testing advice later on (part of it in 2nd post of my SS/RR/RC thread).

Regards

G5
    Many thanks on the great bai, on siege battles does ladder que time have any effect on troops getting stuck, was wondering if making them move up faster would help.

Thanks for your reply

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Haerski View Post
    So this submod doesn't touch Campaign AI at all? If so and if possible could you also make this compatible with ZZZZ's Campaign AI submod?
    I was able to drop the battle_ai change, so only the campaign_ai and diplomacy file (where military access is easier to get) is changed. It should be fully compatible.

I have about 2000 turns+ in on the current version I'm testing right now. It's not out, but I was able to get the AI to commit to long range attacks much better with full stacks. I ran through through a mix of 100+ games as Sauron with the reworked New AI as Good vs Lusted's AI as Evil, the new AI VS new AI, and Lusted's AI vs Lusted's AI for observation. The new AI kicked the ass of Lusted's AI.

The key was mixing up attack stances. An aggressive stance should not always be attack_immediate. There needs to be a mixture of invade types worked in, so for instance an aggressive stance could be 40% attack_immediate and 60% buildup. Immediate commits the troops decently, while buildup combines stacks; and the AI attacks with both types if the troops are near a target. A 60-40 split pushes up and reforms them into large stacks. Once the stacks have commited both the buildup and immediate will use them.

Another problem with Lusted's AI was that the underdog reverts to a defensive position which did not do a terrific job pushing troops up to the front. I changed the AI here so that defensive stances have an element of offence as well. At turn 50 Gondor has held all of it's territories in most of the games I've played, keeping both Mordor and Harad at bay.

As a programmer, I'm overall not to fond of what Lusted did in his AI. I'm really shocked by all the typos and the rand logic change TheSavage had to fix. It still does not account for some of the bugs and inconsistancies of the game, such as frontline_strength. The ratio is so variable it honestly should not be used, yet the the current AI is using it heavily for invade priorities. There are a lot of logic paths that can be reordered to make the AI quicker as well. Attacks on slaves factions should be checked first for instance and not continue with the rest of the script. Why go through alliance & attack priorities to get to the slave code? They are bandits, we kill em, period.

The new codeset is good to go, but I'm still trying to get nations totally surrounded by allies to commit troops through them without a military alliance. It may not be possible, but any input would be great.

That sounds very promising ZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by cort View Post
    G5
    Many thanks on the great bai, on siege battles does ladder que time have any effect on troops getting stuck, was wondering if making them move up faster would help.

Thanks for your reply
    That was meant to be a feature after many requests from SS/RC players, but I'm seriously thinking about increasing ladder throughput again.
    Thx for feedback.
    Waiting for more critical opinions.

@ZZZZ
    I actually meant to suggest Savage did a really good job on SS AI, I see you keep your eyes open though . Any changes that can eliminate random stacks wandering about are welcome, not mentioning other modifications, nice job.

Regards

Due to many requests regarding increasing ladder throughput, I decided to do so, changes are reflected in the latest file.

Regards

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Good idea, I think ladder/corridor throughput is one of the factors involved in freezing during sieges. The main overall issue, I think, is the space on the wall relative to the size of units but if units can move faster on and off a wall the chances of experiencing problems are reduced. It's also another reason why I try to let wall assaulters and defenders use less troops, to avoid overmanning a small space.

Hello Guys,
    Thanks for the improvement! Maybe stupid question, but the amount of submods is confusing to me:
    1. Is it possible to combine this submod with Real Combat Mod (formerly Mithmod)?
    Also:
    2. Is there a list anywhere where the compatibility between the many different submods is shown?

Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast