Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RELEASE: SPARTA_TOTAL_WAR_III

Default RELEASE: SPARTA_TOTAL_WAR_III

SPARTA_TOTAL_WAR_III

edit; added a new EDB txt file to give you spartan hippeis in the campaign. see attachment below [at the bottom of the page]
    edit2; txt file now gives cretan archers to crete.

ALL FACTIONS PLAYABLE
    ALL NEW SKINS AND MANY NEW OR NON-VANILLA MODELS
    ALL NEW BANNERS AND SYMBOLS

download:

edit; here is the installer version made by hip63 [thanks hip]

edit2; another mirror

http://files.filefront.com/STW3+v1+0.../fileinfo.html

Mirror 1:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/216715241/STW3_v1_0_Mod.zip

Mirror 2:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TW6LK3NR

Enjoy!

For rtw gold use the following target line in your shortcut!

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

Highlight the above text exactly, press ctrl + c, then right click on your shortcut, click properties, the target line will already be highlighted so just press ctrl + v to paste the line as your target line.

or the old zip version...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5sle9l

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af8a...AL_WAR_III_zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/21495446...r_III.zip.html

NOTE; there is a small glitch where one of the athenian ships is stuck, we will release a file for this soon, but it doesn't affect the game generally. everything else has been tested to oblivion.

this mod is a community project utilising all the resources of twc and the net generally, it has unique graphics mainly taken from photos put onto the skins to produce a realistic effect. i have tried to keep the file sizes slim where i can but many of the units are high res due to their layout. the spartan kings guard are high res just because i wanted them to be.

the game has a very aggressive AI and will feature eight greek factions which at first are allied, with the exception of macedon and magna grecia which are both neutral. all of these face a massive persian empire which will not shy away from throwing full stack armies at you. you will need to use your allies well to survive, and also take some of your neighbours regions so as to build bigger armies quickly. both the player and the AI will have a good amount of cash ~ equal to what you usually get in the later stages of the vanilla game. i done this so that the AI wont just build crappy little armies of week units, it will instead build strong armies with elite units in them.

all armies are balanced as much as i could given the different unit types, they all have at least one elite unit. the spartans can gain control of non spartan units as it captures other greek settlements, the macedonions will get the stronger pike units and elite cavalry in the highest build of the game. whilst the romans will rise from a greek style faction to having its own more familiar units e.g. hestati, triarii and principles, these are the units it rose to glory with. the persians will also later gain its heavy cataphract units, and will start with many unit types including two of the infamous immortals.

README FOR; SPARTA TOTAL WAR III for rtw 1.5 or BI 1.6

install;

extract the zip file to a new folder [or anywhere you put stuff] then copy and paste the file named ‘SPARTA’ [not SPARTA_TOTAL_WAR_III ~that is just the containing folder] into your main rome folder e.g. C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War.

installation in more detail:

after install it should look like this - C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\SPARTA ~ when you click on the sparta folder. it should not overwrite your main data folder but should be in that folder.

if you want the new engines, copy the complete engines folder from sparta and put it in the corresponding folder of you main rtw data directory.

thats it. enjoy.

a very big thank you to...

THE ROMA SURRECTUM TEAM, for models and their general awesomeness.

THE RISE OF PERSIA TEAM, for models and their general awesomeness.

THE XGM TEAM, for models and their general awesomeness.

ARADAN, for an enormous amount of help with modding issues!

AND TO ALL OTHERS IN THE MODDING COMMUNITY WHO CONTRIBUTED! THIS MOD WAS DONE IN ONLY A FEW MONTHS, MAINLY BECAUSE ALL THE MODELS AND SOME OF THE GRAPHICS WERE ALREADY DONE BY OTHER TEAMS.

AND THANKS TO THE SPARTA TOTAL WAR TEAM;

QUETZALCOATL [A LOT OF THE NEW WORK, SKINS, ARTWORK AND CODING][TEAM LEADER]
    SPARTAN 666 [MAPPING/CODING]
    AGISILAOS [HUGE AMOUNT OF RESEARCH AND SOME TEXT FILES]
    LEGIO CEASAR [CODING, GENERAL HELP AND COORDINATION]
    SOLO 1906 [MODELS]
    MORFEASNIKOS [SORTING OUT SOME OF THE MODELS TO MAKE THEM WORK WITH RTW AND GENERAL ENHANCEMENTS]
    BEREN ERCHAMION [SOME MODELS AND GENERAL HELP]
    KING THEODEN1 [NEW MAP FOR LATER UPDATE, CODING AND GENERAL HELP]

AND TO OUR BETA TESTERS AND FUTURE HELPERS...
    margio
    TORZ

a spartan gamer aims to defeat all comers in an honourable manner. the stronger the enemy the greater the victory!

we will not:

>give orders while the game is paused, this counteracts everything the AI is trying to do to win, hence is laim. in real life you would not be able to give orders instantly and especially freeze time and give them.

>use tricks based on the games inefficiencies, such as layering phalanx units or anything else you can think of which is not the natural way a unit or army would behave.

>you will not cheat in any way, or suffer a life of laimness.

>you will not bribe armies or cities.

>generally; if you think you are doing a neat trick that couldnt happen in real life, you are not! any other kind of trick is good, so fight and win like a spartan!

WOULD YOU BE TRULY SATISFIED WINNING IN ANY OTHER WAY?_!

thanks, quetzalcoatl.

PS. we are looking for experienced modders of all kinds, for future historical mods and/or for mythology total war.
    we are also interested in inexperienced modders who wish to learn.
    we are not interested in time wasters, they will be publically flogged and branded as helots lols.
    Last edited by Amorphos; February 07, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Default Re: RELEASE: SPARTA_TOTAL_WAR_III

Hurray ! Congratz to the whole team ! - Now we should get it on the front page -

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

congratulations to everyone in the team i am happy we finally released it
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

yup hurrah for us, i just pm’d aradan so it should be on front page soon!
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Hip hip hurray for Aradan !

congrats for the release
    Last edited by CAPTAIN LOKI; May 16, 2009 at 07:29 PM.
    + Hospitallers, Teutonics and Templars Mod Coming Very Soon on ETW yes on ETW +

thanks captain

yeah i hope he is online soon *anxious*

Gratz guys Iv been waitin for this one
    Finish Him!

FATALITY!

cool, hope you enjoy it! it is hard, so watch out for them persians, and although the greeks are all allied, that lasts about 1-2 turns.

our beta testers keep losing, so that will tell you how agressive the AI is.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    our beta testers keep losing, so that will tell you how agressive the AI is.
    i did not lose
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

congratz! downloading just one question

"if you want the new engines, copy the complete engines folder from sparta and put it in the corresponding folder of you main rtw data directory"

im not sure what are these new engines?

i did not lose
    was that playing as sparta by any chance? what can i do the spartans have to be strong, perhaps i should have made it take much longer to recruit them. problem then is you get overcrowding, so i guess if you want win play as sparta, if you want a harder challenge, play as scythia or macedon perhaps.

im not sure what are these new engines?
    hmm i should have said; ‘if you want the new engine skins’ ~ sorry. i havent yet made any new engines although we may do in the next version.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

HIP HIP HIP... HURRA'
    Congratulations to SPARTA III Team !
    BTW I'm one of the losers ... but for beta ...!

ayeaye Sirs

you played the harder factions though margio.

for the release it will be even harder ~ as persia has four extra units that i had forgot to add to the unit roster ~ four hard units too.

I'm gonnz stick to Persia then

persia would be easy, i expect you could take out the spartans in a few turns.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Wow, I'm so happy we released it!

Btw Quetz, the title page looks great!

thanks hp

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

No, thank you for the great mod. Now, I can conquer both Persia (boo) and Rome (devils) with the mighty warriors of Sparta because... :sparta:Total War III.

haha, and i will conquer them all as ...the germans!

...after i have with sparta of course.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast