Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RS2: Armenian Royal House Preview

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default RS2: Armenian Royal House Preview

Noble Houses of Armenia
    Every Armenian family member will belong to one of the 6 Noble Houses represented in RS. At the start of the game, all family members belong to House Yervanduni, the ruling house at the time of Roma Surrectum. Every Noble House has it's own standard, and every member of the house carries the standard with them wherever they go.

House Yervanduni

House Bagratuni

House Mamikonian

House Artashesian

House Rshtuni

House Siuni

Every character is a member of their father's Noble House, including adopted characters. Every time a character is accepted as a husband for one of Armenia's daughters they will found a new Noble House. Once all Noble Houses have been founded, every new husband will randomly be made a part of one of the Noble Houses (think of it as a bastard being legitimized).

When a new faction leader comes to power in Armenia, and if the new leader is from a different Noble House then the previous leader, a message will be displayed to bring to the players attention the dynastic change.

Faction Leader/Faction Heir

The faction leader traits for egypt, the greek factions, and armenia have all been updated to more historically accurate names. The armenian faction also had it's faction heir trait updated as well.

Armenia Leader: Arkah
    Armenian Heir: Avag Sepuh

Greek Leader: Basileus

Egypt Leader: Pharoah

That's a little preview of some of the changes to the trait system you can look forward to when RS2 is released.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Default Re: RS2: Armenian Royal House Preview

BTW the unit cards you can see are still those from RS1 or vanilla.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Very cool. It's great to see this sort of depth coming into the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by SquidSK View Post

Armenia Leader: Arkah
    Armenian Heir: Avag Sepuh
    This shows up when the mouse is placed over the character on the battle map, correct?

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

Yes, I believe so, and....

Pinned.

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

Emmm... what the practical sence will be from this different families?
    What differences between them except names and banners?

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik the Rus View Post
    Emmm... what the practical sence will be from this different families?
    What differences between them except names and banners?
    None, its purely for immersion and an attempt at accurate historical portrayal of the political system in Armenia at the time. If loyalty was added this would provide a lot more depth, as a noble would be more loyal to his own family's dynasty then another; however, since we don't have spare faction slots, there won't be loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    Very cool. It's great to see this sort of depth coming into the mod.

This shows up when the mouse is placed over the character on the battle map, correct?
    If you view the characters traits you will see the new titles. On the strat map if you mouse over a leader or heir you will also see their titles, some of those are already accurate, I believe Armenian is one of the accurate ones.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Nellup's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice, this is a great idea which really adds depth to the mod, good work!
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

Clear. thanks for responce.

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

Civis

Great going, i hope you have something like this ,in store for us, for every faction.

Thats very cool, nice work.

Roma surrectum, the only real rtw experience

Yeah, how about introducing the same thingy for Rome? would be grand! There are quite some interesting family lines you could implement!
    As for the idea, well I will not comment it since I have rubbed my tongue raw praising the genius of RS dev team....
    Loyal fan of Roma Surrectum!
    "Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant!"

Love 2 Rep ppl!
    RS TEAM IS KING!!!

Nam homo proponit, sed Daus disponit.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks guys Its grate. And it is grate to see that kind of depth coming in to the game as the Fuzz said. Thanks guys I can't wait to play it.

That rocks!

Nice addition to a mod thats shaping up beautifully....its these touches that make it extra special

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

Pretty slick... for a bunch of Armenians
    Last edited by cherryfunk; February 13, 2008 at 05:38 AM.

Tiro

Congratulations to Drtad for forcing the others to do that .

You should though for example give to those that belonged to a historywise very warlike family +1 command or to a peaceful family under which Armenia became richer +1 management -1 command and houses which were loved by the people +1 influence or something similar. It would add at least some meaning in the actual game besides the roleplay-effect (which is great as well).

Bebbe's Avatar Ordinarius

Great job guys Depth is allways good.

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Sounds great.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Quote Originally Posted by Matse View Post
    Congratulations to Drtad for forcing the others to do that .
    I just threw the idea out there and Squid ran with it.

You should though for example give to those that belonged to a historywise very warlike family +1 command or to a peaceful family under which Armenia became richer +1 management -1 command and houses which were loved by the people +1 influence or something similar. It would add at least some meaning in the actual game besides the roleplay-effect (which is great as well).
    Nope. That would be ahistorical, because all of these houses were great at everything for a time, and the houses themselves didn't really have anything different except for their members and territories. There was not a black and white description for any of them.

As Squid said, if there was loyalty, the houses would play a role in the gameplay, but since there isn't it is merely for immersion.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Interesting idea. But the banner is a ancillary, and a ancillary can be moved around between characters. What if I move the banner of a member of one family to a member of another family?
    What about give different characteristics for each house? For example, member of house A gets a +2 command due to his warlike heritage, while member of house B gets a +2 management to his philosophical heritage, and so on. This, of course, should be implemented in the trait, not the ancillary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast