Thread: Venetian heavy infantry CTD

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Default Venetian heavy infantry CTD

Have been playing M2TW happily since it came out, but previously as the English. After conquering the world twice as the Brits, thought I would try something that looked more challenging and started a game as Venice. It has been a lot harder. All went well technically until around 1231. I bought my first unit of Venetian heavy infantry, and the first battle that I put them in, got a CTD before getting to the battle map. The message was the usual, "M2TW has encountered a problem and will now close."
    Thereafter, spent a lot of hours seaching for drivers, viruses, you name it. After much fruitless troubleshooting, I went back into the game. Gave the new heavy infantry units their discharge papers, and bingo; back in business. Just thought this might do someone else some good.

Default Re: Venetian heavy infantry CTD

It has to do with battle_models.modeldb file if you are using 1.2 patch. Download the formatted one from this website, you'll find it. Put it in your install dir under data in a folder called unit_models Make it if it is not there. And start the game with the --io.file_first argument in the shortcut. It should fix your problems.