Thread: Arnor requirements?

Default Arnor requirements?

i know the ancillary aragorn has, but what are ALL of the settlements?

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Arnor requirements?

Q: How do I play as Arnor? I can't find this faction in the campaign selection screen.
    A: Arnor is an emergent faction that Eriador transforms into when certain conditions are met. These conditions are communicated to the player via the description of Aragorn's ancillary called Elendilmir which represents the crown of Arnorian kings. Simply mouse over the ancillary and read its tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Q: How do I play as Arnor? I can't find this faction in the campaign selection screen.
    A: Arnor is an emergent faction that Eriador transforms into when certain conditions are met. These conditions are communicated to the player via the description of Aragorn's ancillary called Elendilmir which represents the crown of Arnorian kings. Simply mouse over the ancillary and read its tooltip.
    You didn't exactly answer his question mate.
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Blame the FAQ. ;-)

Ok so 2.0 is released, I have the game installed and I just read some description from one of Aragorns new retinues. It seems you must capture Hoarwell, Tharbad and Coldfells to reunite Arnors old borders. After that you need to "restore" (aka build) the House of Kings in Annúminas. Last but not least you need to secure an alliance with Gondor and thus have them accept Aragorn as the Arnorian king.

Step 1: Capture Hoarwell, Tharbad and Coldfells while retaining control of your starter settlements.
    Step 2: Build the House of Kings in Annúminas (Requires a large city, best way to achieve this fast is to use Aragorn as a governor in Annúminas and set taxes to low)
    Step 3: Secure an alliance with Gondor

(Note; it seems you can complete these steps in any order but these are probably the most "natural" if you wish to roleplay)

This thread will be the basis for all the discussions regarding Arnor and it's reemergence. Hopefully people will see this thread on the mainpage and not feel the urge to create a new thread regarding this topic every day.

P.S. If you want a new color and name for Arnor once it's forged e.g. "Arnor" instead of "Free people of Eriador" Ayleid has kindly enough edited some files to implement those features. His post is on page 3.
    There is also a submod for it that allows you to switch betweeen Eriador and Arnor color/names and vice versa. Found here:
    was posted here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=374757