Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.3 - updated 18.3.11

I'm sorry had a horrible birthday plus my pc broke and my xbox has the red rings my dog has the shhhiittts and my cat is in the vets ......

I will PM you the PDF soon when i get time off work gotta pick the bloody cat up from the vets at 8 .

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔MASK OF GAS♔ View Post
    I'm sorry had a horrible birthday plus my pc broke and my xbox has the red rings my dog has the shhhiittts and my cat is in the vets ......

I will PM you the PDF soon when i get time off work gotta pick the bloody cat up from the vets at 8 .
    No problem mate, sorry to hear you had a lousy Birthday - Happy Birthday anyway, sorry that your pc & xbox broke - I had xbox 360 a few years back it had red rings of death 3 weeks after I bought it, so bought a ps3, I really do hope your dog & cat get well soon
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by plissken3 View Post
    No problem mate, sorry to hear you had a lousy Birthday - Happy Birthday anyway, sorry that your pc & xbox broke - I had xbox 360 a few years back it had red rings of death 3 weeks after I bought it, so bought a ps3, I really do hope your dog & cat get well soon

Quote Originally Posted by Actus Reus View Post
    Brilliant work as per usual
    Quote Originally Posted by seanjkl View Post
    i cant wait for you to release real units this game lacks units and is a big letdown on the mp side
    Thanks a lot Actus and seanjkl!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkar View Post
    Ever since I started using the Kisho ninja I've been wanting to double the unit sizes and introduce some new types of ninja units.
    But I kind of suck at modding
    My original ideas were:
    Naginata Ninja
    Bow Ninja(Can stay hidden while firing)
    Yari Ninja
    I also had an idea for a dual katana samurai unit, but I think somebody already suggested that.
    edit: How do I open the downloads with 7zip? I get this annoying Microsoft window up which wants me to buy stuff. I'm on Windows 7 btw
    Hello Dalkar, thanks for your interesting suggestions. All files are compressed with 7-zip. Download this free utility from http://www.7-zip.org to de-compress it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    Holy quote replies!!
    So basically most of the changelog that states "pikemen can now use spear wall" only indicates that it is unlocked in custom battles, but still requires the old vanilla researches and traits and stuff in the campaign?
    Great, just what i hoped for
    Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Is this for the campaign or custom battles?
    Hello Baleurion and billydilly, in the custom battle or multiplayer battles are all abilities unlocked. In the campaign you have to research or add the skill points to the General for certain abilities.

I will comment these suggestions below soon.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    I also reccomend adding more variety to ashigaru yari. Yaris didnt always have hooks, and ashigaru didnt always wear farmer hats, they also wore bandana things and zunari helmets. You also put sunburst standards in some units. Yari, matchlock, and yumi Samurai should also have the same attack stats, because all Samurai were very proficient with the katana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camillvs View Post
    It's a civil war among the same nation, what did you expect? There are too many types of units in the game, from a historic perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    I like the idea of recruitable female units,as recent archaeology has revealed this was indeed the case,as no less than 3 battlefield excavations DNA tests have shown that on the average out of every 100 bodies found upwards of 35 were women...and keep in mind these were field burials not a siege or otherwise
    chevalier, it doesnt always mean that they were soldiers. Geisha arent just assasins...
    oh, and swiss halberdier, you should add an ability to all units called onigidi (rice balls). They always carried around, so it could increase morale while reducing movement/fatigue speed (They'll get to chubby if they eat to many!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Is there anyway to make the matchlock monks recruitable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    Taisho (sorry i cant write the line above the o on my swedish keyboard, but i can write たいしょう instead if it makes up for it? ;D)
    Isn't what you are asking for, precisely what the Naginata Samurai is for? A middle between Yari samurai and Katana samurai, not as good as the katana against infantry, and not as good as the Yari against cavalry, bot very good against both in the sense that you can use the same unit for both roles.
    A weaker version of Yari Samurai but better against infantry, not as good against cavalry as Yari
    Unless you specifically request the Yari Samurai weapon model, rather than a unit with the stats you asked for
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔ brucedickenson♔ View Post
    This is looking good so far! Some suggestions

Possible to add loan sword ashigaru?
    Crossbow ashigaru (if someone can make it)
    Dual katana samuri/hero?
    Mounted matchlock samuri
    Quote Originally Posted by Taishō View Post
    ok, here comes another unrealistic proposal. Please refer from throwing stones at me before I get a chance to run away... ^^
    Perhaps we could have a unit of Ashigaru using the Model of the current Ashigaru but with the animations and the weapon model (if those are seperate again?) of the Yari Samurai.
    The Unit would be the weaker version of the Yari Samurai and better against other infantry, but not as good against cavalry as the Ashigaru with the longer Yari. Somewhere between the current Spear Ashigaru and the "Loansword Ashigaru"....

Quote Originally Posted by plissken3 View Post
    Mask of Gas, c'mon mate there is no reason to be like that towards Swiss, he's trying as are all the modders to make better gameplay for us all - try to be patient mate
    Thanks for your support plissken!

Hexed marra.
    Used the updated hex editor and no i wont actually share anything with you mate because i dont have to not being horrible i just prefer to have my own mods and play them until lets say your AUM mod gets updated with the rest anyway then i can make changes to adjust to your work.
    Kind of simple EH ? SWISS LOL.
    Hello MAG, I'm sorry that you had a hard time in real life as all went wrong as you wrote. Thanks for your explanation and happy birthday anyway! I hope your pets will be well soon and your pc/xbox problems can be solved.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Thanks swiss im sure the pets will be fine the little rascals are fully insured .

Take care bud .

Simply stunning! Very well done m8. I'm so glad you add spear square ability to yari samurai.
    Unfortunately (CA fault) most of ai units don't use their abilites, even the vanilla ones, it's so bad looking at matchlocks never use fire rank, just to give an example... As always my hope is to skilled modders like you

That's the annoying thing, I've downloaded 7-Zip but when I download the file it says I don't have the required software to open it. Instead of 'Open' there is 'Find' and that takes me to a new internet window which tries to make me buy Microsoft stuff. Should I use Save instead of Find?
    Real sorry to be a pain guys, I'm not good at computer stuff.

I dont think the initial units are 2 bad. Perhaps a monk hero for the uesegis, naval hero for the mori, katana hero for the shimazu? (maybe there is), no-dachi hero, great guard hero cav for takeda, hojo hero rockets, hattori ninja hero, oda matchlock hero (might need some extra love),togukawa??!!??(their clan seems fairly pants).

ronin should be in but somehow scripted in or recruitable only in certain circumstances (not sure how this works. 2 give them 2 everyone seems a bit of a cop out).

Hojo fire bomb throwers seem a bit underpowered and unecessary.

Apart from that...dunno what other units you could include.

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

That's the annoying thing, I've downloaded 7-Zip but when I download the file it says I don't have the required software to open it. Instead of 'Open' there is 'Find' and that takes me to a new internet window which tries to make me buy Microsoft stuff. Should I use Save instead of Find?
    Hi mate - you should download 7-zip from site then you should save the file, goto downloads in your computer - find file right click scan it for viruses, then run the file (7-zip. exe) then install it.

when installed - right click on the AUM mod and extract with 7-zip then once extracted place the mod into you main data folder of Shogun 2 - this should work
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Thanks swiss im sure the pets will be fine the little rascals are fully insured .
    Take care bud .
    Thanks you too and good luck with further hex-editing!

Welcome to the forum Dalkar!

All files of my various projects (Empire/Napoleon/Shogun) are compressed with 7-zip. Download this free utility from http://www.7-zip.org to de-compress it.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    I dont think the initial units are 2 bad. Perhaps a monk hero for the uesegis, naval hero for the mori, katana hero for the shimazu? (maybe there is), no-dachi hero, great guard hero cav for takeda, hojo hero rockets, hattori ninja hero, oda matchlock hero (might need some extra love),togukawa??!!??(their clan seems fairly pants).

ronin should be in but somehow scripted in or recruitable only in certain circumstances (not sure how this works. 2 give them 2 everyone seems a bit of a cop out).

Hojo fire bomb throwers seem a bit underpowered and unecessary.

Apart from that...dunno what other units you could include.
    Thanks for your suggestion Total!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Duke View Post
    Simply stunning! Very well done m8. I'm so glad you add spear square ability to yari samurai.
    Unfortunately (CA fault) most of ai units don't use their abilites, even the vanilla ones, it's so bad looking at matchlocks never use fire rank, just to give an example... As always my hope is to skilled modders like you
    Thanks Duke for your nice words. Yes unfortunately the BAI can't handle the "pike_wall_formation" and especially the "pike_square_formation" well in the battle. Even the controlled Matchlock units which could perform rank fire don't use it.

I saw the BAI using the "pike_wall_formation" sometimes. But I never saw the BAI using the "pike_square_formation" or "rank_fire".

I made a post here S2TW Bug thread with several other bugs.

Please give me some feedback if the BAI uses these formations in your battles.

Yes I Love this I think all spear units should have the ability to go square though especially anything higher than a yari samurai didnt they even give that to the lowest rankings in ETW?? they should be adding abilites not taking away LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Is there anyway to make the matchlock monks recruitable?
    This seems like something CA needs to fix, but would love it if they were added through AUM. They have an encyclopedia section about how to get them and everything. Imagine my frustration when I teched to gunpowder, skipping other techs, only to find they aren't in single player....

Quote Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
    Yes I Love this I think all spear units should have the ability to go square though especially anything higher than a yari samurai didnt they even give that to the lowest rankings in ETW?? they should be adding abilites not taking away LOL
    Totally agree. The purpose of Ashigaru should be that they are cheap and numerous.
    That a fully trained elite Samurai unit can't understand pike wall tactics, like peasants can, does not make any sense.
    Frankly i usually dont even bother with Yari Samurai for that reason alone

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

Hello Baleurion, yes I will add the "Onna Bushi" to the campaign after it's possible.

Well, this is what I would like to see , at least one Onna Bushi unit any Clan can recruit that you can take on campaign. I would make it a limited recruitment unit. Like, you can only recruit one or two.

modification suggestions : slightly longer hair. slightly shorter thigh-armor, slighly shorter skirts, bare legs. More feminine colors for that unit, like pale blue, yellow, white, lavender, pink.
    Just suggestions. I can dream.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Will do swiss thanks im going to wait for you to release the AUM with the units then i will see if its worth giving you what i have to be honest its useless all i did was hex some other body parts remove some weapons and put them on the other body simple to be fair but they dont work good because i changed some values and as you know when you hex you cant go back gotta fully reinstall the game and remove the hex program.

do these new skills overwrite/replace the current skills they have or adds on to it?

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

There are no new skills all the skills have been balanced out to the correct units nothing is replaced.

Other units like generals have better things now also .

Hi, first love the mod very nice work.

I think we need a naginata hero unit.
    For the model i would use the onna bushi just change there stats and requirements because there are seen very rare in the campain mode.
    I did the concept for the stats and learning to edit stats. just need to know how to change the requierments.

Because the naginata are the mix of yari and katana i compared the average from both and how much more or less percent the value of the naginata are.

So stats are:

Cost: 1625 Upkeep: 250 Melee Attack: 18 Charge Bonus: 19 Bonus vs Cav: 15 Melee Defense: 13 Armour: 15 Moral: 40 Speed: 4
    please tell me what you guys think

ps: math is in the attachment

There are no new skills all the skills have been balanced out to the correct units nothing is replaced.

Other units like generals have better things now also .
    you say skills are now balanced out but not replaced. that is quite contradictory is it not? maybe it is just me but the first post wasn't all that clear. like for example it says all hero units now use rapid advance. what does that say about the other skills like stand firm and banzai? are they still there or what? i just need to get confirmation that the units get to keep their original skills and this mod just add more.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

its posible ashigaru whit sword only?