Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What factions will emerge from revolution?

Lias_solano's Avatar Semisalis

Default What factions will emerge from revolution?

Hi
    I was wondering.now that we know each faction will have revolutions/rebellions against it if the conditions are right,or wrong as the case may be. I was wondering what factions we could expect to see? Im hopeing for something a bit cooler than French Rebels appearing.I think its more important in the colonies if a colonial state makes a grab for independance,like the 13 colonies.So if during the game the 13 colonies have their uprising and win,they will now be known on the map as the United States of America with their new flag.
    So i was trying to think of what nations could arise if there is a colonial uprising.Ive thought of a few,and i know the years dont quite add up for the timeframe of the game.But i know that CA are making things that didnt happen in the timeframe possable(steamships).
    So heres what ive come up with,if anyone knows any other revolutionary armies please post them so that we can learn a bit more.

13 colonies--------U.S.A
    Buenos Arires-----Argentina
    new spain---------Mexico
    Scotland-----------Jacobite Revolution

Its not a huge list,but its a start.i only know about history in books that ive read.But if anyone knows about successful/un-successful revolutions and the names of those involved please post them

Lias

Last edited by Lias_solano; September 13, 2008 at 05:09 AM.
    British by birth,
    English by the grace of God.

Default Re: What factions will emerge from revolution?

Well in real life you it goes something like this;

Monarchy / tyrant
    revolution
    chaos
    democracy
    chaos
    dictator
    Monarchy
    etc

Or something like that ..

I hope the class system has depth and realism to allow actual events like the French revolution etc

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Rhaegar1's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd say norway, hungaria and ireland also have a good chance to be represented as emerging factions.
    'I'll be damned ' Marcellus Wallis

The jacobites would be an awesome emerging factions I would ally with them and kick englands ass and bring scotland back.

Norway, Finland, Baltic states, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, various French states, Greece, various Balkan states, (Including Albania and Bosnia with super-men units + stormtroopers + the man in the moon) Canada, USA, Mexico, Cuba, Venezuela, Colombia... I suppose some states in the east too!

A guy can dream, a guy can dream...

BritPatriot1815's Avatar Ducenarius
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

The yanks we know will emerge from revolutions, but when a revolution occurs the regions turns into a historical state e.g Scotland might become a independant country ruled by the wacko Jacos, Hanover may become... well, Hanover get the picture
    How far will I go for Rome? At least to the end of the street, I hate walking

mutu_10's Avatar Civis

Wallachia and Moldavia , although they should be added from the start
    "Where some states have an army, the Prussian Army has a state!"

And Aragon is emergent in the War of the Spanish Sucession.
    ''Los infantes espaņoles prefieren la muerte a la derrota''

Quote Originally Posted by BritPatriot1815 View Post
    Scotland might become a independant country ruled by the wacko Jacos
    Wacko Jacos!!! Do you care nothing for all those scots that died!

Did the jacobites want scottish independence from england? I thought they just wanted another line of successors on both countries thrones?
    Or was a scottish king of their preference with an english king of the other line acceptable too for them?

Belgian independance from the dutch republic

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

I want Finland!

Mr Roet's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Hmz.. View Post
    Belgian independance from the dutch republic
    Belgium gained independence in 1830, after the ending year, I guess.

steam boats didn't excist in that time period also so why not.

upsettingshorts's Avatar Senator

Yeah, if events unfold that trigger a revolution, it shouldn't matter that the actual even took place decades later in actual history. TW is an alternate history. As long as it happens in a believable fashion, that serves historical accuracy in a game.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

many in the Ottoman empire. like Serbia or Greece. an Moldavia and Wallachia for sure. maybe even Bulgaria.
    I guess there will be Aragon in Spain and Lithuania in Poland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Roet View Post
    Belgium gained independence in 1830, after the ending year, I guess.
    Same thing with Mexico. IIRC, it didn't become independent until 1822.

I also don't understand why Norway would be an emerging faction either. They didn't gain independence from Sweden until 1905, and even before that they didn't get their own constitution until 1814. (I'm a Norwegian-American living in Minnesota, and our family celebrates Syttende Mai every year. )

Can't wait to see the Jacobites, though! Suppressing their uprising should be fun. I also would love to take them out for a spin myself, see if I can improve/reverse their fortunes after Prestonpans(sp?).
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

I think the whole point that some people are missing here is that emerging factions will be factions that could have emerged as the result of a rebellion in your territories..

If I'm not mistaken Scotland is already confirmed as one, so that proves the point; the idea is not whether these emerging factions did become independent, it's whether they could have become independent..

I'd say that Mexico has a good chance of being in (Argentina and Brazil are unlikely due to the absence of South America, except as a 'trade theater', which isn't the same as 'a part of the campaign maps'). The only other faction I can truly see as an independent power would be the Thirteen Colonies. In Europe, there will probably be a few minor eastern European states, Belgium, Norway, Scotland, Ireland, Greece, Balkan states and a few others I might have missed..

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

Norway is a country of its own, not some weird rebellion state..

But well, if somehow there was an uprising in Norway while you are playing your Grand Campaign, I guess it should be a new faction. "Norway" (would probably be a democracy right after having reached independence)..

Afterall this game is not supposed to follow history, right?

Its about changing history
    Studying the universal language of "Dude".
    Pretty hard when you don't speak english as your native tongue.

All people are born equal, but I am more equal than you!

Ever heard of pure weirdness?
    No?
    So you've never heard of me?

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Lias_solano View Post
    Hi
    I was wondering.now that we know each faction will have revolutions/rebellions against it if the conditions are right,or wrong as the case may be. I was wondering what factions we could expect to see? Im hopeing for something a bit cooler than French Rebels appearing.I think its more important in the colonies if a colonial state makes a grab for independance,like the 13 colonies.So if during the game the 13 colonies have their uprising and win,they will now be known on the map as the United States of America with their new flag.
    So i was trying to think of what nations could arise if there is a colonial uprising.Ive thought of a few,and i know the years dont quite add up for the timeframe of the game.But i know that CA are making things that didnt happen in the timeframe possable(steamships).
    So heres what ive come up with,if anyone knows any other revolutionary armies please post them so that we can learn a bit more.

13 colonies--------U.S.A
    Buenos Arires-----Argentina
    new spain---------Mexico
    Scotland-----------Jacobite Revolution

Its not a huge list,but its a start.i only know about history in books that ive read.But if anyone knows about successful/un-successful revolutions and the names of those involved please post them

Lias

Um, the Jacobite Rebellion wasn't Scotland versus England, but rather Protestantism versus Catholicism. In reality, only the Highlands rebelled. The Lowlands, where I live, fought on the Redcoat's side.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast