Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Putting the Wall in game

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Putting the Wall in game

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    I'm not a modder, but I've seen a campaign map wall, with, forts attached to it, and that was in the third age total war mod at Minas tirith
    that I hope is a good idea
    Hi! Welcome to the forums. Look at this post 4 above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizoakius Maximus View Post
    It looks great! When I saw this thread title I was just thinking of something along the lines of the wall near Minas Tirith in TATW, just an impassable wall-like structure with some forts built into it, but you blew me away with your work. Good stuff! I really hope we can get some modders to work on this full time (or as full time as real life and such permits), and I wish I had any skill whatsoever because I'd sign up in a heart beat!
    It helps to read a bit before jumping in

I guess the forts should be forts, not castles, otherwise income would be a bit too high but garrison could still be free. Maybe only have a few castles ans some small town for the night watch, they weren't that rich in the books.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Or that many...

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

So....are we getting a wall? and a Night's Watch?

I think it would be cool to have nights watch events and stuff like that but I dont like the idea of them being playable unless something prevents them from going south and they have some sort of wildling faction/multiple clans to fight (possible a seperate campaign on a more detailed map north of the wall with smaller armies)
    Dont get me wrong, I love the nights watch but I would also like this mod to stay as true to the books as it can while providing an epic and awesomely fun experience and the nights watch simply cannot measure up to any of the factions in the mod and would be unrealistic to have them beat any of the factions.

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

Yeah I can't see any reason to make the nights watch playable. Won't rule them out entirely as a non playable faction but we have a lot of other things we're working on first.

After releasing 1.0 and a couple versions after that it would be awesome to see seperate campaigns like Robert's Rebellion and nights watch vs. wildlings. For now I do apreciate what you guys are doing as well as how much your doing. keep it up

This is the perfect thing for a submod, I imagine.

I'm enjoying the Alpha right now. Greyjoys are dominating.

GED, the wall is too straight. Can you, perhaps, add some geography to it, make it less perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by SRT View Post
    GED, the wall is too straight. Can you, perhaps, add some geography to it, make it less perfect?
    GED's wall was just a proof of concept, nothing that is currently being used in the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    GED's wall was just a proof of concept, nothing that is currently being used in the mod.
    Thank you, but I was just giving a critique. I know this sort of rough work (no offense to GrnEyedDvl) would never make it into 1.0.

I think it's long past time I give you and LordInquisitor +rep for all your help.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Correct. These guys can tweak the wall to look however they want. Looking forward to seeing a finished product.

Double A's Avatar person man

Shouldn't the castles be villages, as there were no fortifications on the south, and there be some kind of fort or custom settlement in the pass?

Or just make the castles custom settlements with fortifications only to the north and a giant mountain wall thing to the east and west. That would work too.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

History_Buff's Avatar Civis

I also like the idea of having the wall and the Nights watch. I believe that the Wildlings should also be a faction in the game, possibly with villages and possibly without. I believe they should periodically send attacks at the wall and that these attacks should get progressively bigger and bigger until eventually the Nights Watch becomes completely unable to handle the incursions alone and then asks for help. If you do not give it, they should break through and then start swarming all over the North. I also believe that their settlements, if they have any, North of the Wall should have a growth limit in terms of how much you can upgrade them and that they should have no castles and be unable to build them if that is imputable. Their units while they remain North of the Wall should be absolute crap and the Nights Watch should pown them with quality early on. If they break through and manage to capture a castle, however, I believe that they should then gain the ability to create better units and become serious contenders to represent them getting access to better weapons and armor now. I also once advocated them being playable, but I am not sure if that is a good idea. Do like the idea of burning Westeros to the ground as a Wildling Horde though

Default Most Anticipated Feature for 1.0 Release

I bet this title shall get attention!

Just joking, by the way... But I do eagerly anticipate 1.0.

What do you anticipate most?

I think I anticipate the better map and truly diverse units more than anything. Oh, and the unique diplomacy! (Okay, so I cheated by listing three things.)

Default Re: No Hope for this Mod's 1.0 Release

As of right now mine would be seeing HannibalExMachina's custom general battle models in action.

Default Re: No Hope for this Mod's 1.0 Release

You evil, evil, person. I just prepared a standard it`s done when it`s done speech.

I know without screens or something it sounds pretty empty.. But we are working on something very special. In addition Progress on several factions has been good and stuff. As soon as possible i`ll try to persuade the team to post another preview.

Personally i`m mostly looking forward to some units the talented modellers of our mod created.. And most of the unique Generals are utterly amazing, too, and Hannibal keeps betting better and better.

Currently we are blessed with 3 very talented modellers and skinners. Which allows us to produce some high quality work.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; February 28, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Default Re: Most Anticipated Feature for 1.0 Release

Sorry, I had to change the title. Don't want to mislead people who might not bother to click to read the post.

Re: another preview, I expect the next faction preview will be ready within the next week or so. Just a few last minute changes.

Any hints on what faction that might be?
    Edit: it says there are 68 views and 5 posts. people arent very vocal lol
    Last edited by Jaime Goldenhand; February 28, 2011 at 08:40 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast