Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Default Re: Dark Souls

Which is exactly what I meant regarding the Demon.
    First Encounter: Walking through the doors
    Second Encounter: After the jump.

It has been awhile regarding the shield. Guess I just remembered it wrong though I never got around to killing the hallow version of the dude.
    Last edited by Kamos; April 30, 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Which is exactly what I meant regarding the Demon.
    First Encounter: Walking through the doors
    Second Encounter: After the jump.
    My bad. I got a little confused with the way you said it

It has been awhile regarding the shield. Guess I just remembered it wrong though I never got around to killing the hallow version of the dude.
    Then maybe you don't have his shield but another one ?

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post

Then maybe you don't have his shield but another one ?

The Dragon Crest Shield (as opposed to his shield which is simply called the Crest Shield) might be what you're thinking of. It looks very similar and you can get it as soon as you get to Lordran provided you have the master key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of as well. Just couldn't remember the name.

I avoided it but I'm curious: Just how strong is that big black boar? Is it worth killing him?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

black boar ? You mean the one with the plate armour ? It's pretty easy : once you have dodged its initial charge, he turns so slowly that you can circle him and just simply backstab him. make sure you kill all the soldiers before you engage him though. The boar has a change to drop a badass as helmet, but only around 1200 souls.

Already found out how strong he is. Sigh.

Problem is , it's absolutely impossible to avoid his initial charge if you're a heavy character, and all his attacks stun me.

Then just unequip all your armour. After a few times you'll see that his charges are so easy to dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    I avoided it but I'm curious: Just how strong is that big black boar? Is it worth killing him?
    The one after you get across the bridge with the dragon? That one you just have to lure him into one of the nearby fires, stick close to the wall and head to the right and you can just stand in front of the fire. When he charges walk up on the stairs, he'll kill himself.

But man I just got to Ornstein and Smough again (I recently got stuck there on my last character but I wanted to redo some stuff so I just restarted) stuck again! Bloody hell. Every boss so far has been a cakewalk but Ornstein is ing brutal.

It is all I have.

Summon help and they're a piece o cake

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Summon help and they're a piece o cake
    Finally got em with Quelaag's fury sword and just hugging Ornstein's crotch. One heck of a fight.

It is all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderswift View Post
    Finally got em with Quelaag's fury sword and just hugging Ornstein's crotch. One heck of a fight.
    Hilarious, + rep. Personally I hate finishing that battle because its just, without a doubt, one of the best ones ever. Ornstein is the most badass looking knight out there, and the music only adds to the feel of an epic clash

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Hilarious, + rep. Personally I hate finishing that battle because its just, without a doubt, one of the best ones ever. Ornstein is the most badass looking knight out there, and the music only adds to the feel of an epic clash
    Cheers man.

But I hear that, hell after every boss fight regardless of how infuriating it was I'm always just a bit sad. But now I have his armor, and all is well. The boss fight music is incredible in Dark Souls, my favourite is the music fighting Lord Gwyn at the very end.

Edit: Though I want to say I am 100% serious about hugging his crotch, he can't actually hit you with his spear when you're down there. It's pretty hilarious watching him wiggle around trying to hit something underneath him.
    Last edited by alexanderswift; May 05, 2012 at 02:24 AM.

It is all I have.

That actually counts for a lot of big creatures in DS/DkS : take the mimics for example. I just don't get why people have trouble with them. If you "hug their crotch" (awkwardly put but true), they will NEVER hit you and you can just hack away

Really? I've always avoided getting close to them so they don't chomp down on me, which results in a 1HKO. Then again they're really only a problem the first few times you fight them. After I figured out to just use Wrath of The Gods on any suspicious looking chest they weren't so threatening.

I actually managed to beat it for the first time yesterday (despite many, many failed attempts), I gotta tell ya I'm not sure how I feel about that ending.

It is all I have.

There's 2 endings, you know that right ?

Indeed. I went for linking the fire though I kind of expected something different (As I had already read what went down in each ending a while back.). I love the minimalistic story telling but eh, I was hoping for something grander and perhaps longer. Oh well, it was satisfying to finally get through it none the less.

It is all I have.

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

I finally got Dark Souls the other day...

Amazing game, but also very punishing...but addicting. Only a little bit of the ways in to the game, so I have a couple of questions...

Just how long is the game (for the average player), and does anyone play it on Xbox Live?
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

You should've gotten it on PS3. Much of DaS's playerbase probably came from Demon's Souls and since thats a PS3 exclusive, most of Dark Souls' playerbase will be on PS3.

Don't know how long the game is. Probably similar to Demon's Souls. I estimate I took about 40 hours to finish it. But it has a nice replayability due to the different classes you can pick and pvp multiplayer.

Ugh, did they take everything from Demon's Souls and put it on Dark Souls with new visuals? Even the "Maneaters" are back -.-"
    Last edited by beckyolt; May 05, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

I would have gotten it on PS3, except for the fact that I don't own one.

I have a 360 and my PC, and I wasn't going to wait for Dark Souls, or Demon Souls to be ported to PC if I could get Dark Souls immediately...

Great game though.

And 40 hours? AWESOME! +Rep for the quick reply too.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.