Thread: Real Horses for EMPIRE

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

Default Real Horses for EMPIRE

Do you think EMPIRE needs again some new skins for the horses ???

In the next time i will post here some screenies of my WIP until i release the mod as my first DLCF (Download Free) for EMPIRE.

Feel free to post all kinds of suggestions and facts about horses in the era of EMPIRE with sources. (pics in spoiler plz)

So here we ride along ....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cheers A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Default Re: Real Horses for EMPIRE

Nice Dobbins!

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Those horses actually look quite good.

On the subject of horses has anybody finally got any mods that replace those auwful hats on the dragoons, with hats like that of the USMC units or tolterans dragoons hats ?? I don't mean that unit on the dragoons (or if there are any) just a hat replacement...

Ooh sorry I've stolen your thread :o

Horses look quite good .
    Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, ADC, PC (24 June 1850 – 5 June 1916), was an Irish-born British Field Marshal and proconsul who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

As always - can hardly waiting for your wonderful horse textures - liked them very much in MTW as they gave the real war feeling - as the riders use actual horses - not these "high long feed dogs"..hahaha

Thanks for starting an ETW mod either - looking forward with great interest.

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

Thanks for the nice comments.

Currently i make some more test with another mods from friends (Darth/Ornamentum) and in other battle enviroments and day times to avoid ugly fur colors but i think Bay and Chestnut looks fine.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have today started with gray.

Cheers A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Mind doing some light grey horses, like the ones the Scots Greys rode?

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

FlyingViking's Avatar Libertus

First of all, those horses shure look lovely

Quote Originally Posted by XxGREAT-BRITAINx View Post
    On the subject of horses has anybody finally got any mods that replace those auwful hats on the dragoons, with hats like that of the USMC units or tolterans dragoons hats ?? I don't mean that unit on the dragoons (or if there are any) just a hat replacement...
    If you use Ornamentum you can use the DBEditor to change the model of the euro_dragoons to "ornamentum_britain_light_dragoons" in the unit_stats table. Then they all look like DaNovas "16th Light Dragoons". Unfortionatly also the prussian and other european dragoons than look like red british dragoons. But I think that the best you can get, but I am not a pro in modding so dont take it for granted. I play as GB and I think it looks awesome.

Lovely! Someone needs to reskin my can next
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition