Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion Thread

Comes Limitis

Default Re: NBA 2012-13 Season

Mavs will be fun to watch. PG spot and bench though looks bad....
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Mavs will be fun to watch. PG spot and bench though looks bad....
    I think all of the World Cup nonsense has clouded your judgment, Dallas has Raymond Felton so................
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Comes Limitis

Well we added Rashard Lewis, so there is that...I hope we can get Mo Williams and give Tyson Chandler a real run for his money on the defensive end with that stacked offensive.

Poor Tyson at this age.

Well, also hope Marion comes back to take some of that weight of his shoulders.

Also Lance to Charlotte seems a done deal. How could the Hawks be so arrogant and sleep on him.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

After what happened to Paul George I'm very happy that Love was pulled off of team USA.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

True, got to protect the Cavs new player.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: NBA Discussion Thread

So anyone here actually still following the NBA? I read this interesting article this morning about Kobe and the Lakers.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...ers/index.html

Thoughts?

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    So anyone here actually still following the NBA? I read this interesting article this morning about Kobe and the Lakers.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...ers/index.html

Thoughts?
    Stupid NBA pundit talk.

Kobe already won everything and Kobe wants to be a Laker. Its like staying true to Barca the last few years after winning everything with them and not joining another trophy hunt somewhere else. Its like the people asking what if Kobe had stayed with a solid Charlotte team in his rookie year. Kobe wanted to be a Laker back then already. Kobe does what Kobe wants.

And money? Well I think Kobe, looking at his roster and the Laker situation knew a paycut wouldnt help them to the extend that they could build a real contending team, Dirk knew that a paycut would give his team in his situation that.

To be honest, I was of a similar opinion. I mean, I imagine at the age of 36, having spent 18 years at the one club with 5 NBA rings, most people would just see out their career in the place they are comfortable. I mean why get a trade to another club for one year and risk your reputation when there's a very high chance you won't even win a title.

Still though, I just find it interesting the NBA employ these pundits who are critical of the game and players in it. It's very much an American thing, if not just an NBA thing and it's nice to see.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

I'm a Lakers fan since a was 5 and Kobe's fan as well. He's right about owners shifting the blame on the players for maximising their salaries while making huge profits themselves. And he did leave almost 10 million dollars on the table with his latest ridiculous contract. He was eligible to get a 34+ mil salary, instead he opted for 25 mil. Plus, comparing revenues (and subsequently salaries available) of the Lakers and, let's say, San Antonio is laughable. There's that.
    However, I can't watch Lakers this season, and Bryant as well. It's just too painful.
    My only hope that in two years, when he retires, Lakers can pull a magic trick and bring in my new favorite Anthony Davis...

I'm pretty sickened that D.Rose is out again. I mean before I wasn't happy but with this injury you get the feeling that the guy is never going to fully recover again and that this knee problem is going to overshadow he whole career.

A lot of experts on NBA TV and ESPN seem to feel this is the end of Chicago's title hopes but I'd have to disagree. I mean yes, Rose was averaging about 18 points a game before this but he's no longer the be-all and end-all for the Bulls. Far from it, I don't even think he's nearly their best player anymore. Jimmy Butler has stepped up this season and taken over the scoring. Ok fair enough, he's not dropping 30 points a game but he's getting good numbers and he's doing it by driving to the basket and getting to the foul line. In my opinion, a defensive minded team like the Bulls need that. It slows down the opposition and stops them getting fast breaks and getting into a rhythm.

Then there's Pau Gasol whose "rebirth" after coming from the Lakers has been amazing. No offense to Carlos Boozer but I don't consider him a good player in the NBA. I don't even consider him a top power forward but those MVP-like performances that Gasol has been putting in every couple of games in the regular season, that's what he'll do in the play-offs I feel. Here's a guy with far more experience in the play-offs then anyone else on that team and you've got to feel with his increased levels of motivation, he's going to show it in the play-offs.

Then there's Rose's replacement. Now I'm not saying Henrich and Brooks are world-beaters but they are two solid point-guards who have proven they can play with a team of stars.

And then there's just the small case of the Defensive Player of the Year and runner-up Sixth Man of the Year, no biggy. I'm not saying that Rose's injury won't hurt the Bulls but they are still serious contenders in my opinion.

A healthy mvp Rose or a Rose even close to that would make them a contender, but right now, I don't think they have enough talent to get that far.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    A healthy mvp Rose or a Rose even close to that would make them a contender, but right now, I don't think they have enough talent to get that far.
    Other than Rose though, what do you think they'd need to become contenders?

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

What's everyone opinion on OKC this year as potentials? I know they had an epic rocky start due to well, having a third of a team.

I think they'll make a run. I don't watch them enough to know if they're title contenders but I remember when Westbrook and Durant first came back I read an article that said OKC would have to put in an amazing run to get back into the playoffs. They made it look pretty easy I think. Westbrook is really living up to his potential and he's making me into a fan. His athleticism is incredible. Plus Ibaka is putting a good run of games.

There performance often annoys me, so much talent but some nights they just seem to suck for no apparent reason.

I support cause of Steven Adams of course, I'm a little annoyed about the Reggie trade though, I liked him a lot.

Maybe look at moving on from Brooks. I thought they should have a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    I'm a little annoyed about the Reggie trade though, I liked him a lot.
    Same, I thought it was an awful trade.

I'm a Knicks fan that hasn't killed himself yet.

Shocking, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Maybe look at moving on from Brooks. I thought they should have a couple years ago.
    I hear this a lot, and yeah I wonder why he doesn't seem to make late game adjustments where needed, but in saying that, hasn't he improved his record year after year? (well this year obviously not lol)

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Same, I thought it was an awful trade.
    I'm probably bias, like all the news outlets say its a good trade, but I just like Reggie's play a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    I'm a Knicks fan that hasn't killed himself yet.

Shocking, I know...
    Speaking of the Knicks and how terrible they are, the New York Times Basketball Writer did a piece on my NZ Breakers just recently as part of his "not the Knicks" series due to how terrible they are haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Speaking of the Knicks and how terrible they are, the New York Times Basketball Writer did a piece on my NZ Breakers just recently as part of his "not the Knicks" series due to how terrible they are haha.
    One more win and it will be impossible for them to reach 70 losses this season.