Page 40 of 158 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849506590140 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Do like me, keep bombers who have good tail gunners. Each time someone approach me, it doesn't expect me to control the tail gunner. They are foolish enough to let me put 100 rounds in their motor. Ridiculously fun.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So I've been grinding the Japanese planes, as their historical reputation seemed more to my style, but looking at the stats on some other nation's hangars it doesn't seem like Japan has an advantage in anything. Is that the feeling you're all getting? Maybe I should switch to American or Soviets...
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    If I recall, Timbab didn't like the F-4/Trop because it would perform funky in a dive or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    I would recommend to have a F4 instead of the E-3 but it's a matter of taste.
    I think what I'll do is replace my He 112 with the first F-4 and then when I get the spare money, get the F-4/trop to replace my beautiful E-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    lol dont get the Stuka Gs all they have are cannons, that are crap unless you hit something with their limited magazines.
    I only really use my current Stuka as a bomber hunter now because you can only get one dive bomb out of it before enemy fighters rush you and ram you so upgrading to the G's would probably suit me. Also... they're pretty badass looking hahaha.

God, no ****ing map is even remotely doable for bombers anymore, since half the enemy team flies at high altitude and none of your own team's fighters are anywhere to be seen.
    Yeah, I've had to phase out my bombers slowly and it's heartbreaking. I can get the Wellington but I just don't see the point because I'd never get to do it's job. That top bomb is an absolute beast and if the proper matches are anything like the test flights, it can one shot aircraft carriers.
    So looks like I'll be sticking to my Spitfire, Spitfire, Typhoon, Beaufighter line up for my British.

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    So I've been grinding the Japanese planes, as their historical reputation seemed more to my style, but looking at the stats on some other nation's hangars it doesn't seem like Japan has an advantage in anything. Is that the feeling you're all getting? Maybe I should switch to American or Soviets...
    Japan has some amazing fighters. The firepower is ok but they can turn inside most other planes of similar levels.
    I often find myself in the odd match with my Japanese planes where I get the most kills but you've sort of got to reply on the stupidity of the other team to challenge you to turning battles.
    Last edited by Comrade_Rory; February 27, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

If anyone has missed the annoucement there is current 1.5x exp at the moment.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We are very grateful to War Thunder community and prepared a special present for you. From Feb. 27 16:00 GMT till 20:00 GMT next day Feb. 28 you’ll get +50% to experience gain for all aircraft of all nations in all game modes — Arcade, Historic and Full-Real Battles!

From this thread: here

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Comes Domesticorum

Hopefully now that the game is on Greenlight I'll be able to use the money I won from TWC on buying a starter pack through Steam.

Citizen

Just did two HBs.

The first was in my Spitfire Mk Vb and the enemy team had one HE 162 and some other high tier planes.

I crashed early in that and tried another battle and ended up using the German fighters Me 109 F-4/trop and we had a FW 190D that stayed low and on the other team we had the ACES clan. Three Meteors and a Beufighter. It was a bit one sided.

Such battles leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just played a match on fjords in my Germans.

I was in the He 112 and my wings were all shot up in a plane notoriously bad for it's awful manoeuvrability anyway.
    So I manage to pull up just enough, skimming the sides of a canyon to make time for one final kill on a Russian I-153 biplane...
    The pilot rams me head on and obviously I was in no position to move out of the way, I was an inch from the canyon wall and had virtually no control in the wings of a plane that would have a hard time turning within the orbit of the Earth.
    This guy, who's top level was 2 in Russian planes, proceeds to say stuff like "Nice ramming ace".
    That's when I checked his level and said "come back and say that when you've tried to fly this plane" and he has a nice long moan at me.

Well... the World of Tanks players are well and truly here.

Not to mention how many times I've shot down somebody on an ally's tail and then when an enemy is on mine, I look for my ally and see them flying off into the sunset chasing a Fury.

Decanus

If I recall, Timbab didn't like the F-4/Trop because it would perform funky in a dive or something.
    Yup, basically when I used it and went beyond 450kmh, it would sort of turn into a brick where in comparison the E-3 and normal F-4 behaved fine.

I've flown all 109's besides the K series cause I stopped playing, but they all feel similar with the exception for the F-4/Trop, I don't understand why. Try it.

Ironically, my K/D ratio and kill count in my F-4/Trop was higher than my F-4, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    Same feeling i got. I was looking at them and thinking about it but German looked better. American is my main line though, that line is really good. British and Soviets have cheater planes so i haven't used them(and no disrepect to anyone who does). I really wanted the Mosquito. BEsides my American planes i wanted that, but the Beaufighter is just so ridiculous its not even fair.

As for bomber tail gunners. That's what i like about the germans. The Stuka tail gunner has SO much ammo compared to my american guys. The other day i played a game and killed 3 guys, went through two reloads; and before i went to reload again their were two other guys following me and when i turned they crashed into each other. 5 planes killed in one fell swoop.

Well this isn't fun. I've been getting jet after jet with my American line now that i am a tier 10

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    I really wanted the Mosquito. BEsides my American planes i wanted that, but the Beaufighter is just so ridiculous its not even fair.
    Before you get upset by missing the Mosquito have a watch of this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I think many players have no clue about the speed at which the two planes are approaching each other. Some planes (mainly twin engine ones) are so hard to maneouver that even when they are undamaged they are very hard to maneouver out of the way. Also if you go head on with another plane then you need to break off a lot sooner than you first think you should - although this will leave you open to enemy fire at least you have a better chance of avoiding a head-on.

Some rams just have to be deliberate unless everyone misjudges the approach speed especially against a slow moving target. I've done that a few times and apologized for it.

There are clear cases (I think) where you can see someone ram on purpose. It's happened when I've been in a Catalina on a low rank battle. But it's also happened in higher ranks planes where someone (or several people) are on your tail and you're trying to get back to some friendly fighter cover in the hope that they will take out whomever is on your tail (you have to hope, eh?) and you end up being rammed. I've actually found that your AAA is better at getting planes off my tail than some 'team mates'.

With the Beaufighter - you can play the British line but simply not use either one of those planes. Don't miss out on playing the Spitfires just because there are some OP planes in the game. It is beta after all. At least in WT you can play them unlike WoWP....

As you get higher rank you should expect to encounter jets. I think in those battles many players in high rank planes tend to stay low and only the bombers and hopeful player venture to any heights (in both Arcade and HB). Nothing worse when you're in a He 111B or a Wellington than to see a jet or threeon the other team.....

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I just played a match on fjords in my Germans.

I was in the He 112 and my wings were all shot up in a plane notoriously bad for it's awful manoeuvrability anyway.
    So I manage to pull up just enough, skimming the sides of a canyon to make time for one final kill on a Russian I-153 biplane...
    The pilot rams me head on and obviously I was in no position to move out of the way, I was an inch from the canyon wall and had virtually no control in the wings of a plane that would have a hard time turning within the orbit of the Earth.
    This guy, who's top level was 2 in Russian planes, proceeds to say stuff like "Nice ramming ace".
    That's when I checked his level and said "come back and say that when you've tried to fly this plane" and he has a nice long moan at me.

Well... the World of Tanks players are well and truly here.

Not to mention how many times I've shot down somebody on an ally's tail and then when an enemy is on mine, I look for my ally and see them flying off into the sunset chasing a Fury.
    Indeed, hopefully there will be a US server so we can get away from all the immature kiddies.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

You get some really dumb people on this game sometimes, its me in a Catalina and some p26 against two fighters on the other team, my gunner is dead and i keep asking for help whilst both of the enemy fighters focus on me, my team mate goes and tries to take out AA lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Comes Domesticorum

The best part is when you're trying to shoot down a plane while another plane is on your tail, and two of your teammates fly in to kill the plane you're chasing instead of the one that's on your tail. I swear, sometimes I think this game is just populated by Greeks, lol.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Indeed, hopefully there will be a US server so we can get away from all the immature kiddies.
    Lol man....you're kidding right?
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post
    Lol man....you're kidding right?
    Well it will be better than playing with the Russian plow-drivers or the know-it-all Euros.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

I started playing this yesterday, and there are some really bad pilots in it. I shouldn't be shooting down a ton with the biplanes that everything else outruns.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Decanus

Well it will be better than playing with the Russian plow-drivers or the know-it-all Euros.
    I'm a know-it-all Euro, you obviously don't know what you're talking about!

:p

Main problem for people in the US timezone, I think, is the fact that barely anyone plays at night in the EU or the hardcores in Russia, in the morning, so you'll get some really screwed up balance.

It was better when I was still in Germany and played during the day or in the evening.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah, I've been having issues finding historical battles and still haven't gone into an FRB because they max out at about 200 and 90 people respectively in the evening in the US.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Is the game good with mouse and keyboard? I want to try it sometimes.