Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spartacus! And the hype it brings to the Rome II setting!

Maiden_Ante's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Spartacus! And the hype it brings to the Rome II setting!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Rome wasn't produced after season two because the set on the studio in rome burned down after an accident. That was why we have for example Octavians Victory Parade not at the place like in season 1 the one of Caesar. It was just to expansie to rebuild the set. Without the fire, we would propably seen more seasons.

I am not a scandinavian language expert but i allways thought that Norse and Swedish is not that diffrent? Or that a Swedish speaker would understand a Norse speaker.
    What Norse are you referring to? If you mean Norwegian then yes, we'd understand them, but it's not Swedish. If you meant real Iron Age Norse, which doesn't exist anymore, then no. Try to read English from the Iron Age - you'd never manage without thorough studies. Then again, 'Norse' could mean Swedish as well - but since you asked if Swedes understood it, I assume you meant either Norwegian or Iron Age Norse.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

This thread went well..

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    Thats why i never went by ratings. There is probably some Bollywood series or Mexican soap opera that trumps it all, so i wont be boggled down in the ratings part. Popularity wise is what matters most, also the amount Spartacus get downloaded by people outside the US is a great factor to be taken into consideration. NCIS is not a popular download, Spartacus is.
    Ratings (in the US), is the best way to measure popularity. Saying a show is incredibly popular is kind of silly if nobody really watches it. As for outside of the US, thats wide open, all i know is that they sold the series to a lot of countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    Well according to you it can be thirteen dollars. The offical numbers are 10-15 million tho and we will use that because we don't have access to any other more reliable source.
    I have problem with this "and almost unheard of budget" "He appears to have taken this quote out of his rectum"
    Yes, if something costs 60 dollars its common to say "hey, it was below 1000 bucks"... If they say "below 5 million", its not likely to be 2 or 3 million. Even going by an average of 2 million, that alone is 26 mill over 13 episodes.

"Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert -- who brought us "Xena: Warrior Princess" -- and Steven S. DeKnight, who brought the world young Superman in "Smallville." Think of this series as "Bigville" -- or at least "Big Budgetville." (Link)

Beyond that, i cant be bothered to search for more articles, my eyes bleed from the "watch Spartacus" links

Where exactly do you have the "official number of 10-15 mill" from ? I've certainly not seen that anywhere.
    "I will say it again, there are no bugs in this game. No melee bug, no formation bug, no suicidal general bug, nothing."

M2TWRocks, when speaking of N:TW (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    This thread went well..
    It did, didnt it ?
    "I will say it again, there are no bugs in this game. No melee bug, no formation bug, no suicidal general bug, nothing."

M2TWRocks, when speaking of N:TW (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    This thread went well..
    Spoiler for True that

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Quote Originally Posted by PlacidDragon View Post
    Ratings (in the US), is the best way to measure popularity. Saying a show is incredibly popular is kind of silly if nobody really watches it. As for outside of the US, thats wide open, all i know is that they sold the series to a lot of countries.

Yes, if something costs 60 dollars its common to say "hey, it was below 1000 bucks"... If they say "below 5 million", its not likely to be 2 or 3 million. Even going by an average of 2 million, that alone is 26 mill over 13 episodes.

"Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert -- who brought us "Xena: Warrior Princess" -- and Steven S. DeKnight, who brought the world young Superman in "Smallville." Think of this series as "Bigville" -- or at least "Big Budgetville." (Link)

Beyond that, i cant be bothered to search for more articles, my eyes bleed from the "watch Spartacus" links

Where exactly do you have the "official number of 10-15 mill" from ? I've certainly not seen that anywhere.
    According to IMDB. You can just google "Spartacus budget" 10-15 million, for season 1 which is what we are talking about. The cost per episode fluctuate greatly, usually it is because they save the big bucks for the big episodes often the pilot and finale.
    How popularity is measured i leave to the proffesionals. IMDB is considered the nr1 go to site for reviews and ratings. And IMDB place Spartacus in the current top 5 most popular TV series in the world.

This season for Spartacus opened with 4.1 million viewers, and the illegal torrenting of the show across the world is expected to at least mirror it(Most likely surpassing it) The walking dead,Dexter,Game of thrones, How i meet your mother, Big bang theory and Spartacus are considered some of the most torrented TV-shows in the world. IMDB try to represent the world not only America. The numbers for the season premiere of Spartacus is probably around 10 million which is no doubt one of the reasons IMDB place it in the top.
    But you are right in the US Spartacus is not as big as dancing with the stars or NCIS. But across the world TV channels fight for the right to broadcast GoT,TwD and Spartacus.

But as i have said before this is only good as Spartacus hype spreads across the world it will rub a little bit of that hype unto Rome II. It is up to CA how much hype they are willing to accept.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234