Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

IF YOU USE STEAM REFER BACK TO THE ALPHA DOWNLOAD PAGE.

Make sure alpha works first. if alpha works then install enhanced. i suggest using the automated installer for alpha. Never have medieval total war installed in the program files. do something like i did (C:\Total War\Medieval II Total War\mods\Westeros). When you install enhanced, just extract it into your mods folder.

You should have a desktop shortcut, launch through that. Once again, make sure alpha works first, then install enhanced. Also posting your system log would help find out any other problems that could surface. If it still doesn't work, make a post and be very very specific.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

I don't use Steam for this game I have the disks. I downloaded the Alpha and it worked fine. Then I deleted it and installed the enhanced version. Like I said it starts up then immediately crashed to desktop. It is installed in program files tough.

Whyd you delete Alpha?
    This submod simply enhances the alpha mod, it isnt a stand-alone.

You install it over alpha.

Darn. I'm a little confused. I thought I read earlier in the thread that the other westeros folder should be renamed or deleted. Ok I'll start over.

Gah. I installed the alpha, checked it worked. Then downloaded the submod into modfolder and renamed the original folder. I guess that the icon for the alpha would still just launch the alpha so I tried launching from the batch file in the submod folder. Same result as before. It launches briefly then crashes to desktop. Sorry to pester but anyone know why? Would really appreciate the help, I just want to kill some Lannisters!
    Last edited by Horseless Nomad; May 16, 2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Update

All i did was installed alpha and extracted enhanced to the mod folder. i didnt rename or change anything. i always launch from the desktop icon, its enhanced not alpha becuase the enhanced version is supose to overwrite some of the alpha files like a patch would do. You have to move the enhanced version and merge it with the westeros folder located in the mod folder. overwrite all files.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

OHHH ok, it works now, thanks alot matekaitis
    Bit I agree with Horseless Nomad, the instructions were a little confusing

np, glad i could help.

I have one question. Is there winter and snow in this submod? Because whenever I play (and I came to turn 100), there is always summer and the landscape is green. I remember from the original mod that there was winter after few turns.

Hi, I love the enhanced version, but there were a couple things I like from the vanilla alpha that I'd like to bring back.

Namely adding a few Lannisters to House Baratheon of King's Landing. Tyrion, Lancel, Tyrek, and the like.

Is there a way to do this?

And is there a way to have to versions of the Mod so I can play the normal enhanced and my own altered version?

Thanks.

Wow! I install this submod and it doesnt work. I almost had a thousand errors in my westeros.system.log.txt

can somebody help me?

PS. the original version works great to me. And im pretty sure I installed the submod correctly (i only drop all the rar content into the mod folder and overwrite everything)

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Hello all,

Acouple of questions:

Re: The known CTD issue - what are the symptoms? I keep getting crashes and blue screen errors on my Greyjoy campaign but I am only on turn 42 (Then again, I have technically won the game and control half the map at this stage so maybe this counts as late game)

2) Will installing the latest version of this mod invalidate my other save files from the previous version?

Thanks

Does the newest version of this have the older two included in it? or how would you have to go about installing it?

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Does religion affect recruitment? For instance as the GreyJoys i've taken a citadel but can't recruit my native units there.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Laetus

having trouble installing whenever i attempt to extract to modfolder i get a error saying cannot find path specified and or access denied, please help ive been at this for hours

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

having trouble installing whenever i attempt to extract to modfolder i get a error saying cannot find path specified and or access denied, please help ive been at this for hours
    This means that you are not aiming at the where the modfolder actually is, manually redo it. And as for the access denied, right click the folder you were aiming at, find the security options, edit security then on the users give full control
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Laetus

thanks for the help realiezed i forgot to turn uac down like a idiot, i have two nit pic questions/suggestions for the mod. first am i just going about it wrong or can princesses not perform diplomacy in this mod seems kinda silly that they can do anything seeing as women are some of the biggest players in the GAMe of thrones. Secondley wouldnt it make more sense for Sansa to come out for house arryn instead of house start, just nitpicking love the mod

Vahir's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Horseless Nomad View Post
    I don't use Steam for this game I have the disks. I downloaded the Alpha and it worked fine. Then I deleted it and installed the enhanced version. Like I said it starts up then immediately crashed to desktop. It is installed in program files tough.
    This. Can we get some tech support?

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by White_wizard View Post
    I have one question. Is there winter and snow in this submod? Because whenever I play (and I came to turn 100), there is always summer and the landscape is green. I remember from the original mod that there was winter after few turns.
    Like A Song of ice and Fire seasons are much longer. Winter starts at around turn 115.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoby View Post
    Does religion affect recruitment? For instance as the GreyJoys i've taken a citadel but can't recruit my native units there.
    Greyjoy and Martell can only recruit their units in their home regions.
    Click here and go to the bottom of the first post to download a file which will allow recruitment of their units in all regions.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Unfortunately there is a bug in the submod that lets the campaign crash in lategame (mostly around turn 100).
    It happens always or sometimes? I'm gonna download the mod if it's sometimes.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Sometimes, As long as you save regularly it is not a problem, just reload the game and continue on.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"