Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

Default Re: ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    The immortals were proffesionals; The arštibara regiment was what Bull said - a chance for the spoilt nobles to learn some manhood.
    I still think that they are useless acording to their high cost and upkeep.

but I think that the should have a stronger missile fire and it would be very awesome if they had some thing like the romans eagle which could inspire nearby alies units. do you agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

If you chaps wouldn't mind, I would like you to PM me the UI folder with all its components. Tinkering with your mod ATM, and just want to fix a few small errors in there.

Also! Had a question about your map!
    Is there any particular reason why you aren't putting a few of the other Greek cities in there? (Corinth, namely)
    Loving the mod so far, and if you guys want to balance out the battles a bit more, there are two routes to it:

1) Higher combat values for all things. So, instead of an attack of 9 and defence of 12 (for a normal unit, lets assume) make it 18 and 24. Put up against another unit of the same values, it will take a while for the battle to play out.

or

2) Give each unit 2 HP, but keep the same low values for the EDU. This ensures that units will take slightly longer to die.

For each of those options, the General's Bodyguards must always have a higher HP count than the other units.

Once I get to a point where I am satisfied with the EDU, I will post it for you guys to check out.

P.S: I'm also working on a little mod within a mod. If things work out, I will also let you have at it.

other greek city's are a good Idea, but they were not so famous and strong in military like athen,sparta and makedon.
    besides the ROP team will not put any new factions in V3 as they told me.
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

I wasn't asking for Corinth as a faction, just as a city. It was an influential figure of the time, and has always been the major trade area in Greece.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

As a city; possible

If it isnt possible, I may just have to take matters into my own hands.

cool , I hope some the small problems as well in V3.
    like : "lonia dominating lydia, kyrin don't dominating the kamet"

I have heard that they will change the persian G Bodygaurds which is very awesome.

but I was wondering IF they are going to change the G bodugaurds for other Iranian factions as well or not????????
    BULL !!!!!!
    BOM to Kakabis

"lonia dominating lydia, kyrin don't dominating the kamet"
    Taken care of

but I was wondering IF they are going to change the G bodugaurds for other Iranian factions as well or not????????
    Probably not, unless Rez finds some historical excuse to do so

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkitsdead View Post
    If you chaps wouldn't mind, I would like you to PM me the UI folder with all its components. Tinkering with your mod ATM, and just want to fix a few small errors in there.

Also! Had a question about your map!
    Is there any particular reason why you aren't putting a few of the other Greek cities in there? (Corinth, namely)
    Loving the mod so far, and if you guys want to balance out the battles a bit more, there are two routes to it:

1) Higher combat values for all things. So, instead of an attack of 9 and defence of 12 (for a normal unit, lets assume) make it 18 and 24. Put up against another unit of the same values, it will take a while for the battle to play out.

or

2) Give each unit 2 HP, but keep the same low values for the EDU. This ensures that units will take slightly longer to die.

For each of those options, the General's Bodyguards must always have a higher HP count than the other units.

Once I get to a point where I am satisfied with the EDU, I will post it for you guys to check out.

P.S: I'm also working on a little mod within a mod. If things work out, I will also let you have at it.
    Why all that? The mod will lose its feel. One of the reasons I like it is because it's realistic, placed in a different era, but you can play it the same way you did before, no long adaptation periods. In other words, it's vanilla-ish.

I'm interested to see how stuff works out
    When it isn't "RoP" enough, we won't use it, and when it is, we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    I'm interested to see how stuff works out
    When it isn't "RoP" enough, we won't use it, and when it is, we will.
    Trust me - you don't want to have 2hp warfare, as it would favour the greeks even more. You also don't want very long battles, as these actually always turn into boring infantry slugfests, which eastern warfare never was.

Part of the balancing process is figuring out a good unit ratio.
    The Eastern factions didn't typically have heavily armoured infantry, and leaned more towards variants of cavalry, and mass groups of lighter infantry.
    While the Greek factions may have superior quality, quantity CAN win a battle.

I simply wanted to pitch in with some battle balancing.
    Besides, I personally LOATHE watching 20 of my strongest hoplites running away from 30 Sparabara and a few horsemen. A weeee morale boost could do those chaps some good.
    Maybe then only 3 or 4 will have the sense to run for their lives.

Taken care of
    haha awesome.

Probably not, unless Rez finds some historical excuse to do so
    oh okey.

I still think you guys should give the medians better cavelary advantage over the persians.

since the medians were more cavelary baced.

but that's also up to you love the mod so far

one of the most awesome thing about the mod is that you guys get all the names right:
    Kurosh which is called cyrus in english.
    and his to sons kambujie and bardia which is also called some thing els in english how do you guys get all this names in persian, is there any persian in you team????

you have also made some small mistakes in the unit name :

Takabara = Tabardaran = "tabar" means axe and "daran" means berres = axe berrers.

IF you guys want to be more correct the famous Iranian tribe that lived in the south of cospian sea and the north of the Alborz mountains which was famous for their axes were named "Tabarestanians" the Tabarestanians was rebels and didn't payed any taxes to the persians or medians before Cyrus the great. but after since the guy that took care of cyrus and after he was send out of the castel to be killed was Tabarestanians they served the Persian empire during the rule of Kurosh and later became one the most Important element in the persians army. yeah they were not well armored but was fearless worriors

Sparabara = Spardaran = "Spar" means Shield and Daran is the same = Shield berrers.

thvankabara = thirokamandaran = "Thir" means arrows "Kaman" means Bow and daran is the same = Bow berrers

Asabari = Asb Savaran = "asb" means the horse "Savaran" means riders = horse riders

this is just the persian versions for the unit names . I thought it may become usefull since u guys are trying to name the units after how they historically was.
    wish the orginal RTW was that direct, I mean Armored camels what were they thinking LOL
    Last edited by rez; April 03, 2011 at 12:28 PM.
    BOM to Kakabis

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkitsdead View Post
    Part of the balancing process is figuring out a good unit ratio.
    The Eastern factions didn't typically have heavily armoured infantry, and leaned more towards variants of cavalry, and mass groups of lighter infantry.
    While the Greek factions may have superior quality, quantity CAN win a battle.
    BS. Ever read about, per say, the Assyrians? They had excellent infantry. Even the Persians had pretty decent infantry, and as I have said countless times before, average persian infantry were on the same quality level as contemporary greek infantry. It is just foolish to compare spartiatai hippeis to sparabara.

I'm thinking of skinning out the cuirrass on the Ionian and Dorian hoplites; those guys represent the "main" body of citizens, they didn't have those fancy (and darn expensive) muscle cuirasses. Most of them had greaves, a shield, a spear and if they were lucky a bronze helmet.

^Good idea. Which also means skinning out their armour stats.

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

Every time I try installing this mod, a shortcut appears on the desktop, but when you start the game from there it goes to vanilla RTW. Also, there are no ROP files in the root directory. Please help, I would love to play this mod.
    My rig.

Gainward GTX 570
    Intel Core i-7 Sandybridge 2600K
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Z68 Motherboard
    8GB RAM
    2TB Hardrive
    850W Corsair PSU

Ok, this thread is over.
    My list of most anticipated mods:

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

I'm thinking of skinning out the cuirrass on the Ionian and Dorian hoplites; those guys represent the "main" body of citizens, they didn't have those fancy (and darn expensive) muscle cuirasses. Most of them had greaves, a shield, a spear and if they were lucky a bronze helmet.
    What a bout a leather muscled cuirass? that would save you reskinning time

Ancient period! Very nice.

Icon5 Re: ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

Torrent link goes to a 404 from "HostGator" and the other link downloads an exe that apparently isn't a valid win32 application.

Edit: the non-torrent mirror worked second time round, my bad sorry
    Last edited by Sir Walter; June 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.