Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Traits & Ancillaries Improvement Project (SSTAIP) - Merged into SSMAP!

Sir Alucard's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Traits & Ancillaries Improvement Project (SSTAIP) - Ideas needed!

Just a little update. I currently adding some more armour ancillaries in addition to a new set of swords, hoods, cloaks, jewelry and various other items as well. I should have the next batch done by tomorrow, i'll send you the updated files then.

Btw, once you have chosen the title pictures, send them to me and I will create the Coat of arms.

Regards
    Sir Alucard

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Traits & Ancillaries Improvement Project (SSTAIP) - Ideas needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alucard - GhostKnight 17 View Post
    Just a little update. I currently adding some more armour ancillaries in addition to a new set of swords, hoods, cloaks, jewelry and various other items as well. I should have the next batch done by tomorrow, i'll send you the updated files then.

Btw, once you have chosen the title pictures, send them to me and I will create the Coat of arms.

Regards
    Sir Alucard
    All right mate, I'm looking forward to it!

Sir Alucard's Avatar Laetus

Hi FP, sorry for the long wait, various thing took a little longer than expected, either the lack of good base images or removing the background off most of the items took some time. Plus real life does go in the way, sorry about that, freshers week is exhausting Anyway, back to business; so far the ancillary pic number 999 in total.

I don't plan to add many more to this apart from the odd one here and there. So with the Ancillaries done, I can move onto the regional titles when you are ready.
    Last edited by Sir Alucard; September 10, 2011 at 08:16 AM.

Icon12 Re: The Stainless Steel Traits & Ancillaries Improvement Project (SSTAIP) - Ideas needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alucard View Post
    Hi FP, sorry for the long wait, various thing took a little longer than expected, either the lack of good base images or removing the background off most of the items took some time. Plus real life does go in the way, sorry about that, freshers week is exhausting Anyway, back to business; so far the ancillary pic number 999 in total.

I don't plan to add many more to this apart from the odd one here and there. So with the Ancillaries done, I can move onto the regional titles when you are ready.
    Many thanks, Sir!

Have some rep and keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by bɑne View Post
    Have some rep and keep up the good work
    Thanks bane, I promise everyone that once the new map is ready this project will once again be alive and will bear fruit in a short time.

the king ancillary for aragon should be "Rei d'Aragó"
    the heir ancillay for aragon should be "Princep d'Aragó" AND "Compte de Barcelona" AFTER Ramiro II.
    -- source:

the Kingdom of Aragon, after 1162, was ruled by the union of the house of Ximeno (peronella, daughter of ramiro II), and the house of barcelona (ramon berenguer IV, count of barcelona). ramon berenguer IV was named prince of Aragon until his son, *Infant Ramon (named Alfons II of aragon) was declared king by his mother when she reounced in favor of him. after that, the princes of aragon were more than usually given the title of Count of Barcelona.

*Infant is also a title referencing a son of a king that hasn't become a man yet.
    Last edited by tryadelion; January 24, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tryadelion View Post
    the king ancillary for aragon should be "Rei d'Aragó"
    the heir ancillay for aragon should be "Princep d'Aragó" AND "Compte de Barcelona" AFTER Ramiro II.
    -- source:

the Kingdom of Aragon, after 1162, was ruled by the union of the house of Ximeno (peronella, daughter of ramiro II), and the house of barcelona (ramon berenguer IV, count of barcelona). ramon berenguer IV was named prince of Aragon until his son, *Infant Ramon (named Alfons II of aragon) was declared king by his mother when she reounced in favor of him. after that, the princes of aragon were more than usually given the title of Count of Barcelona.

*Infant is also a title referencing a son of a king that hasn't become a man yet.
    Thanks for the info, but the fact is we don't use king and heir ancillaries in SS, only crowns and regalia. What you suggested are actually titles, and as I already said before, English translations are preferred for the long, 'official' ones (e.g. King of Aragon), while native translations for the short 'address' ones (e.g. Rei Alifonso).
    I'm already using these in my text updates which you can find in the SSHCP thread.

Ravenant's Avatar Miles

I was thinking the other day about the nobiliary titles. Isn't it better give them in function of the Command, Loyalty, Chivalry o Dread? For example a king could reward the most loyal of his men with a settlement's Duchy, or give it to a Dreaded general fearing him. The basic idea is that a general have to win his titles and limit the numbers of titles a man can hold. It could be done too with the player's control giving the general, for example, the Privy Seal ancillary, or maybe setting the probabiilty of wining a title at random (of a settlement a player controls) when he meets the requeriments with the note "The King had decide to reward this men with the title of bla bla bla". If the general Command, Loyalty, Chivalry or Dread rise again he could win another title. I don't believe to be difficult to acomplish with the triggers and and secret traits.

The king itself could have his own ancillary (Crown of Portugal, Crown of Spain, etc). And if a enemy general kills your king, the general could "discrown" him, and the next king could have the trait Discrowned, and the honor defiled until he recovers de crown. Discrowned could give Unrest, Dread, Hate for a faction.

Talking about Hate and Love, I think that we could work something better, for example If a faction kills a general's son, the general could gain Hate that faction. Or just a small probability of gainning the trait if a general of your faction is killed by faction X. In fact, we could implement Love o Respect faction X and penalize the general when fighting that faction or give that faction a discount if it wants to bribe him or a princess stealing him. This could be gained while allied with that faction with a small proability.

Ahhh tons of ideas.

Ravenant's Avatar Miles

More ancillaries:
    - Disloyal Servant
    - Murdering Slave and Servant
    - Barbarian, Civilized and Scholar Slave
    - Vengeful Witch (decresase in piety, probability of having sons, and Health. Thinking in Game of thrones with this one xD)
    - Beautiful Witch (Misteries can be fascinating... and tempting)
    - Inscestuos Sister/Cousin ("This man and his sister/counsin meets in souspicious encounters". Another of Game of Thrones) --> With lead to the trait Inscestuos Origins agravated with bastards for the children. Heavy decrease in piety and chance of incresing Lust
    - Sexual Slave
    - Bleeding Doctor ("Are your sure that this is medicine?")
    - Vengeful Follower ("the whore you the other day was his wife")
    - Caring Mother (Your men aren't going to respect you)
    - Chilhood Friend
    - Squire
    - Treacherous Squire (A spy is serving him)

Faction Leader Ancillaries:
    - Minister of the Coin (Someone you can yell for money)
    - Minister of Rumors (Nobody does nothing without him knowing... neither you)
    - Minister of Law ("Somone has to keep plebs doing whatever plebs do")
    - Papal Advisor ("His holiness is watching you...")

Traits:
    - Wife is blood related (very common in monarchy: decrease the inteligence of the children)
    - Wife is incestuos (There is unlikely rumors about your wife)
    - Mentally Slow (Spain had a king, Charles II the Enchanted, who was mentally handicaped because his parents were blood related. His subordinates believed him to be literally Enchanted)
    - Schizophrenic ("Listen to me. I'm your friend. My precious...")

A few sins for decresing piety an other things
    - Gluttony
    - Envy
    - Jealousy
    - Sloth
    - Pride

Faction leader traits
    - Benevolent leader: probabilty of increasing loyalty in Chivalrous generals and decreasing loyalty in Dreaded generals, decrease in unrest, unhappy regions with war and military presence.
    - Cruel leader: probability of decreasing loyalty in Chivalrous generals, and increasing loyalty in Dreaded generals, increase in unrest, happy regions with war and military presence
    - Piuous leader: probabilty of increasing loyalty in pious generals and decreasing loyalty in heretic generals, plus increasing pope relations
    - Heretic leader: probabilty of decreasing loyalty in pious generals and increasinf loyalty in heretic generals, plus decresing pope relations
    Last edited by Ravenant; January 26, 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks for the ideas Ravenant, I'll comment on your posts later when the new map is done and I'm able to shift my focus to this work again.
    In the meantime have some rep for your input!

I dont know if you have or have not fixed this already, but I politely ask you to fix the Alcoholic trait line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    I dont know if you have or have not fixed this already, but I politely ask you to fix the Alcoholic trait line.
    No worried, almost every trait will be revised - there will be not only more levels but also greater differences between their effects.

Hello! My game does not seem to load with your mod enabled, as lovely as it is. I cannot start a new campaign and it just throws me back to the main menu after I choose a faction. Taking a look in the log files I see this:

Code:
    02:20:47.235 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 12785, column 23
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(ArmyCost) level(BesiegingEnemy1_effects_desc).
    02:20:47.235 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 12790, column 23
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(ArmyCost) level(BesiegingEnemy2_effects_desc).
    02:20:47.235 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 12795, column 23
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(ArmyCost) level(BesiegingEnemy3_effects_desc).
    02:20:47.235 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 12800, column 23
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(ArmyCost) level(BesiegingEnemy4_effects_desc).
    02:20:47.245 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 21234, column 42
    Building level name castle not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.245 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 21288, column 38
    Building level name fortress not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.245 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24446, column 39
    Building level name wooden_castle not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.245 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24459, column 40
    02:20:47.245 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24514, column 39
    Building level name c_perkunas_altar not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.245 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24552, column 39
    Building level name c_tengir_altar not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.245 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24589, column 40
    02:20:47.245 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24605, column 40
    02:20:47.245 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24621, column 40
    02:20:47.255 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 25621, column 41
    Building level name city_watch not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32036, column 42
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32052, column 42
    Building level name c_armourer not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32090, column 41
    Building level name c_siege_works not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32109, column 42
    Building level name c_cannon_foundry not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32238, column 42
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32379, column 42
    Building level name c_mines not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32499, column 42
    Building level name small_chapel not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32508, column 42
    Building level name small_chapel_o not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32517, column 42
    Building level name c_small_masjid not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32535, column 42
    Building level name c_dievas_altar not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32553, column 42
    Building level name c_perkunas_altar not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32571, column 42
    Building level name c_giltine_altar not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32589, column 42
    Building level name c_tengir_altar not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 32606, column 42
    Building level name c_ballista_towers not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.275 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 33112, column 40
    02:20:47.275 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 33123, column 40
    02:20:47.275 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 33134, column 40
    02:20:47.275 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 34281, column 36
    Building level name academy not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.275 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 34984, column 30
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9381, column 34
    Building level name militia_drill_square not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9416, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9638, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9646, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9732, column 36
    Building level name fortress not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9936, column 38
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9938, column 38
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9940, column 38
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10051, column 42
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10059, column 42
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10077, column 41
    Building level name citadel not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10347, column 42
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10356, column 33
    Building level name academy not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10383, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10395, column 34
    Building level name c_catapult_range not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10491, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10533, column 34
    Building level name army_barracks not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10605, column 34
    Building level name c_catapult_range not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 10620, column 42
    Building level name c_siege_works not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 11742, column 42
    Building level name c_gunsmith not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 12105, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 12130, column 34
    Building level name c_heavy_armourer not found as a level in building database
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 12356, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 12374, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 12390, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 12408, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 12427, column 34
    02:20:47.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 12446, column 34
    02:20:47.415 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 20478, column 34
    Building level name militia_drill_square not found as a level in building database
    02:20:53.979 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id ME Archer Militia requested.

02:20:53.980 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id EE Archer Militia requested.

02:20:53.980 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id EE Archer Militia requested.

This goes on for a while. Is this your mod? Any fix for this? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by D3lit3 View Post
    This goes on for a while. Is this your mod? Any fix for this? Thanks!
    No, it has definitely nothing to do with this mod as there's only a list of SS 6.4 traits and ancillaries available for download here.
    I suggest you post your log in the Bug Reports thread, if you haven't done it already.

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

Where is that fruit that you promised us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Minotaur View Post
    Where is that fruit that you promised us ?
    On its way, sir...

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

I havn't had a chance to keep up with all this, but some suggestions that I've thought about doing...

A. wife traits should effect all married charactor of all faction, it's pretty obviously dumb that only Non-Muslim royalties married to princeess are effected by their wifes obviously this can lead to other interesting traits, such as Muslim Cumans may have multiple wife trait or something (increase chance of having children, maybe lead to decrease in personal secruity though as Osama Bin Laden would attest )

B.Cultural trait, for example cumans named charactors would inherently have movement bonus, Byzantiums building bonus, Italian trade bonus etc etc.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Is it now proved that the rate of children is affected by the effect in a trait/anc?

I remember a thread researching that, and it turned into that it's purely down to the ratio of available places for family members and the amount of regions held. Is that now superseded or disproven?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasterion View Post
    Is it now proved that the rate of children is affected by the effect in a trait/anc?

I remember a thread researching that, and it turned into that it's purely down to the ratio of available places for family members and the amount of regions held. Is that now superseded or disproven?
    I'm not sure if it has been proved, but I remember Rozanov claimed that traits had no real effect...
    However, what sure is the family member/region ratio certainly influences the game, just like it did in RTW.