Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: LME4 Feedback and bug reporting thread

Default Re: LME4 Feedback and bug reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni dalle Bande Nere View Post
    Hello Iutland, i'm going to use "Albtraum modified deployment zone" with LME 4.1 (i found it in your submod section). Is this mod having this "feature" you talk about or are you referring to another mod?

I'd like to know.
    Hi Giovanni

Yes it does, but it is not a game-breaker but may seem annoying in some instances when you have reinforcements for a battle. On the other hand it is a must if you play with more than 20 units.

Cheers
    iutland

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

When I go to vanilla settings, why am I stil play the mod?

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Naval chain.shots can or might be slightly reduced in their range. It's still a bit too easy to beat overwhelming fleets (eg. French starting fleet /1805 campaign vs the British fleet on H/H) with no or minor losses. Though it did took me nearly an hour to play that battle (was fun ^^) and I lost only one of those minor ships and captured 3 heavy Brit frigs...
    Maybe a reduction of an additional 50-100 yards 'd make the dismantling of the masts less easy. Not that I complain, but it favours too much towards the player. :>
    [and the still disabled assassination cripples agents slightly, cause you'll miss up to 3(?) skill.points. But as long as it can be undone I don't really complain *whistle*]

Else..hmm, nothing at all. Plays like an even more polished 3.2, which already was awesome. Might need to check one of those new campaign, though.

Just some common feedback, was stuck in MII for some time and haven't noticed the 4.0 release. Good stuff as already the predecessor was.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Don't know if this is a know glitch but there's an invisible soldier in the Danish line, guard and grenadier units. I've attached some screen captures. This doesn't seem to effect the game play. And, I haven't noticed the missing/invisible soldier in other nation's units. But then I haven't checked many, just the major powers. This seems to be just in the danish line, guard and grenadier units. Also, the flag bearer (to the officer's right) isn't holding a flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    It is possible, but I will not devote my time doing it.

PS. I'm already married

Noted. Will take a look at it.

Noted. Will take a look at it. Is it 1813, 1815 or both?

Thank you Other NTW Map cities could perhaps be added but I have never considered it worth the effort.
    this makes me sad as there are no good mods for empire total war and that is one of my favorite time periods.. empire needs an lme or lme needs empires time frame
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Well after playing this mod, i would have to say this is the best mod out there in terms of detail. However my main complaint, albeit a small one, is that there are too many campaign options with too little significance, theres barely any difference between the 1805 and 1807, and considering all the factions have most of the technology unlocked in the later campaigns, whats the point of even playing them considering the only difference is the objectives and theres not much progression. Granted this opinion stems from me being a very progression unlock based gamer. Also, theres a gross difference in some of the units available to factions, im aware this is historical and i commend for that, but whats the point of playing the greek states with 4 infantry units. As it stands, so far the only campaign in this mod i would play is the 1807 due to faction differentiation

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    In which campaign to be more specific?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the 1807 campaign.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

My game crash when i've taken "Gibraltar" with France (and when i click on next tour).
    I play on campagn 1812 with France.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

hello team members, i want to thank you for this great modding work, my first time i play ntw, first time for this mod too...
    just let me say its kind of tough, when i prefered to play as baden....just a few turns, and i m at war with all great nations, and they come with full armys...in the 1805 campaign....so today i started it a bit more relaxed in 1807
    i just would wish me a europe map, with more provinces-towns...dont know if possible for ntw
    last question, as i played first as saxony, my top grenadiers got 300 soldiers, but with baden no unit got this size, so why....unit size set on ultra
    so again thank you all for this work and good night

Quote Originally Posted by Cathedralsquares View Post
    In the 1807 campaign.
    Noted. I will investigate the observation.

Quote Originally Posted by KASCII View Post
    Don't know if this is a know glitch but there's an invisible soldier in the Danish line, guard and grenadier units. I've attached some screen captures. This doesn't seem to effect the game play. And, I haven't noticed the missing/invisible soldier in other nation's units. But then I haven't checked many, just the major powers. This seems to be just in the danish line, guard and grenadier units. Also, the flag bearer (to the officer's right) isn't holding a flag.

That seems odd KASCII, I will investigate the observation.

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    hello team members, i want to thank you for this great modding work, my first time i play ntw, first time for this mod too...
    just let me say its kind of tough, when i prefered to play as baden....just a few turns, and i m at war with all great nations, and they come with full armys...in the 1805 campaign....so today i started it a bit more relaxed in 1807
    i just would wish me a europe map, with more provinces-towns...dont know if possible for ntw
    last question, as i played first as saxony, my top grenadiers got 300 soldiers, but with baden no unit got this size, so why....unit size set on ultra
    so again thank you all for this work and good night
    You're welcome leoni :-)

What campaign difficulty setting are you playing on?

The different unit sizes reflects actual regimental sizes deployed by the specific countries and is a way to infuse some diversity into the game while staying true to the mod concept ;-)

hello again, my first 05 baden camp i played on vh-vh, actual i play a 07 baden camp on h-vh....but i stucked, since my capital just got 2 building slots, where saxony for example got 4....thats seems a bit unfair to me, in case of technology researching, but i love to play as baden, i like their units alot...or could mod me somebody the start conditions for the 07 campaign, so that i have min three slots for buildings....cause i like to start slow, building up better equiped, trained armies...tech research and than start to rumble....otherwise i will start a camp with saxony...
    last question, what you guys plan for the next update...and again, is it possible, to add more regions, enlarge the map in detail...thank you very much

Well, after messing with all the mods this game has to offer, this one is probably the best.of course darthmod has to be mentioned, and yours is way better because you actually put thought into yours, DM is just lazy, hell, did you know DM is so haphazard the papal states dont even have boats. My favorite part of the mod is the degree of info you give each faction, its awesome. Historically its perfect. However, gameplay is strange. To me, it doesnt seem to have balanced factions, i understand its for historical accuracy, but imo it hurts the experience. For instance, compare the german states, theyre all very similar that theres no point playing any. Also, the number of campaigns, i dont see the point, its extra stuff for no real purpose, its basically shifting a couple of factions around, making a bunch of stuff pre researched and giving you so many units at the start you teeter on economic collapse. Again, i understand thats probably due to the fact that all these nations had big armies after napoleon tore through europe and pimpslapped everyone, but it still seems superfluous

hello team members, thankx again for this work, i played now several campaigns, so with baden, saxony, france, holland, prussia and britian....to fill some gaps i added bum units for my personal taste, maybe you could do this for a next update too, espacially for the minor factions....i had faced just one bug, i started a campaign with france 1812 but every time early january 1813 the game breaks and the last save is also corrupt....this was the only problem i had....awaiting the next steps

As far as I can tell, the British raze frigate is missing. Considering the number of named frigates added, I find this surprising, and figure it is a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    hello again, my first 05 baden camp i played on vh-vh, actual i play a 07 baden camp on h-vh....but i stucked, since my capital just got 2 building slots, where saxony for example got 4....thats seems a bit unfair to me, in case of technology researching, but i love to play as baden, i like their units alot...or could mod me somebody the start conditions for the 07 campaign, so that i have min three slots for buildings....cause i like to start slow, building up better equiped, trained armies...tech research and than start to rumble....otherwise i will start a camp with saxony...
    last question, what you guys plan for the next update...and again, is it possible, to add more regions, enlarge the map in detail...thank you very much
    The mod was developed for a normal-normal difficulty setting that could be increased if gameplay was too easy ;-)

It is not possible to enlarge the map or add regions :-( without CA making changes to the game. That possibility stopped with M2TW.

I have been the only active team member for the last 2 years and have not planned anymore updates and I will spend 100% of my modding time on Rome 2 once it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Hofstadter View Post
    Well, after messing with all the mods this game has to offer, this one is probably the best.of course darthmod has to be mentioned, and yours is way better because you actually put thought into yours, DM is just lazy, hell, did you know DM is so haphazard the papal states dont even have boats. My favorite part of the mod is the degree of info you give each faction, its awesome. Historically its perfect. However, gameplay is strange. To me, it doesnt seem to have balanced factions, i understand its for historical accuracy, but imo it hurts the experience. For instance, compare the german states, theyre all very similar that theres no point playing any. Also, the number of campaigns, i dont see the point, its extra stuff for no real purpose, its basically shifting a couple of factions around, making a bunch of stuff pre researched and giving you so many units at the start you teeter on economic collapse. Again, i understand thats probably due to the fact that all these nations had big armies after napoleon tore through europe and pimpslapped everyone, but it still seems superfluous
    Thank you for the feedback, Hofstadter! Good points :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitstexan View Post
    As far as I can tell, the British raze frigate is missing. Considering the number of named frigates added, I find this surprising, and figure it is a bug.
    You may be surprised and regard it is a bug that no Razees have been added in this mod. For your information the game does not have a model for Razees.