Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Are Middle Eastern And Indian Men So Hairy?

Default Why Are Middle Eastern And Indian Men So Hairy?

What is the evolutionary reason?

I mean if it is due to hot climate, then why dont average Africans have as much hair?

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Why Are Middle Eastern And Indian Men So Hairy?

not half as hairy as italian women!! lol

ok srsly now
    evolutonary reason?
    i'd say to trap moisture given the humidity of the climate

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    not half as hairy as italian women!! lol

ok srsly now
    evolutonary reason?
    i'd say to trap moisture given the humidity of the climate
    Then why am I not hairy? India is no more humid than Indonesia.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Are you going to show some study of Body Hair Index or is your word as infallible on the matter?

Really, Anethema needs some rules about making new threads that are just assertions without any form of evidence.

What are you talking about Sphere?

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    Then why am I not hairy? India is no more humid than Indonesia.
    Because the austronesian expansion happened so late that no evolution in terms of body hair has had time to occur ?

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Then you haven't seem the Germanic ones . Or well some.

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    What is the evolutionary reason?

I mean if it is due to hot climate, then why dont average Africans have as much hair?
    Do you have a lot of experience with hairy Middle Eastern and Indian Men?

Actually, it's probably due more to just a fleeting impression than an actual attribute. Even if it turns out to be true, there's really nothing there to be selected for. (That I can think of.) So, I'd just chalk it up to one of those little tagalong traits that happens to get passed down.

I don't have a lot of experience with Hairy Middle Eastern Men, Hairy Indians or relatively Hairless African Men so, I can't really tell if the question is even valid.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

There are a lot of hairy ppl everywhere...

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

In Grade 11 one of my Indian friends had a full beard. We were 15/16 then, and even now a few years later I'm still waiting for something more substantial than a half-beard to cover my face...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    In Grade 11 one of my Indian friends had a full beard. We were 15/16 then, and even now a few years later I'm still waiting for something more substantial than a half-beard to cover my face...
    you're african american arent you?

dont you guys get hairy as well?

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    dont you guys get hairy as well?
    Every group has individuals that get an excess of hair.

I have noticed that southern Europeans and Middle Easterners are much hairier than northern Europeans, it seems the further north you go the less hairy people are.(that is inside Europe...I know Asians, Native Americans etc. have almost no body hair at all)
    Last edited by Pallantides; November 17, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Some Indians are hairy, some aren't. Some people are, some aren't. I don't see any particular group that is more hairy than another. Whites have some of the most hairy people though, they look almost hypertricosian, and they frequent swimming pool changing rooms. They like to walk around naked, which isn't quite as bad as it sounds because the hair covers everything up.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

The evolutionary question isn't why are some people hairy, the question is why are some people not hairy.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Aren't Mediterranean people the hairiest? On the other hand you have Slavic people which are close to hairless; my theory is that since they migrated from Asia thousands of years ago they also brought the "hairless" DNA which is prevalent in Asian people.
    [ Under Patronage of Jom ]
    [ "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21 ]

Lovejoy's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    The evolutionary question isn't why are some people hairy, the question is why are some people not hairy.
    Yea.

More clothes less hair?
    Political Correct Liberal Douche

So then I guess why do Asians have less hair? Is it due to lower testosterone level? If yes when why do Asians have lower testosterone? Is it because they are the descendants of African 'wusses' who got kicked out due to inability to physically compete and migrated to East?

Or did I already answer all my own questions? LOL

Northern European and East asians seems to be less hariy according to me

hair

well one of the most accepted theorys of why humans are not hairy, blames early human gatherings. As a human pack grows, it is easier for parasites as ticks to be transmited, thus less hairy humans hwo had less ticks and thus less chances pf contracting illneses survived.

the op question seems rather subjective.
    "The chickens don't seem to mind"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast