Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Chat

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: OOC Chat

Wasn't Hermione the daughter of two muggles? I thought you could be magical without being born to a wizard.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Wasn't Hermione the daughter of two muggles? I thought you could be magical without being born to a wizard.
    Well here is the thing, you can't enter hogwarts at such an old age. You start off at 11 canonly and end at the age of 17. Thats just a given. It just doesn't sound right to start at 16 and get done with seven years of school before the age of 17.

Plus, you didn't specify that you were a Muggle-born Wizard. You just said you were a Muggle. Muggle-born Wizard would be understandable. Hermione was muggle-born, but she did have the powers of a witch. You didn't specify, so we all thought you were a Muggle who went into Hogwarts.

And one more thing, it does seem very off that there was a mail mix-up. It just seems very off that there would be a mix-up in wizarding mail. It has yet to happen, so I doubt it would happen. It just seems abit off to me.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; March 20, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Students get a minimum of 500 galleons/year and random bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
    I'd like to know some opinions on my character. I tried to make it original, but I had to have some link to my favorite fictional character
    If he shows proficiency in potions shouldn't he have more points there? otherwise pretty good

The Mad Skylord - Yesterday at 10:09 PM
    Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

Hello all My character alright? No huge lore holes?

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Watercress View Post
    Your character seems fine to me

Tribunus

Damn right.

On the whole I don't see any particular problems with characters at this stage and I don't think now is the time to be evaluating them objectively, generally speaking you need to actually do some RP for who your character is to become apparent even to you.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    Can we comment on other people's character creation pages? Some people might not know, but Artemis is the Greek goddess (meaning female) of hunt, and as such quite unappropriate for a male to be named after her.

For those of you who want to know more, use the description in RTW for Artemis's temples .
    As Ponti and Sirius have pointed out, my character is an homage to the Artemis Fowl series/character (naming the father Artemis was an allusion and a tip-of-the-hat to give credit where credit's due).

I don't mind critiques on my character - although for the reason above I won't be changing the name

I'd like to know some opinions on my character. I tried to make it original, but I had to have some link to my favorite fictional character
    I think you've found a nice distance from the books for Atticus, despite the connection to Snape. I also think our characters will make interesting foils to each other, based on how I'll be playing Weatherby (just can't decide if we'd be more interesting as friends or rivals )

Quote Originally Posted by Watercress View Post
    Looks good to me as well

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

ummm, hy, I really like a couple of the non-descript spells, but how would you get better at those? also, is it too much lore rape to have a student really, really talented in curses?
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Tribunus

You could spend all your points in Curses if you wish.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

is my charecter ok with the mods?
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Citizen

Looks ok to me. Though I personally think that a student shouldn't be so high in curses, seeing as students are more balanced characters in all professions in my views...and have yet to fully tap into their true potential; especially as a first year. Just my personal opinion; I am too traditional of a harry potter fan and rper. Don't get me wrong; I have nothing against it though, but a good char for sure. Gonna be interesting to see a student with a very high proficiency with curses
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; March 20, 2012 at 05:41 PM.

Is my character okay? I know being from Eastern Europe is kind of a stretch to be going to Hogwarts..

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenkruz View Post
    Is my character okay? I know being from Eastern Europe is kind of a stretch to be going to Hogwarts..
    Nothing wrong with that really. My char is from Norway. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    I do find your chars background interesting though.

Besides there are known Ministry of Magics in Bulgaria, Mongolia, Pakistan, India, Iran, New Zealand, Germany, Bangladesh, Andorra and Burkina Faso. So I wouldn't be surprised to see characters of different nationalists in the UK with the future of the Ministry of Magic hanging by a thread and a need for reformation in the British Wizarding Community.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; March 20, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

I have no idea where my char should live.I am not Familer with the Locations in Harry potter when it comes to where people live. Are they the same locations that are in Real life are also in the film or have the names changed ?.

Just want to be sure
    Manius Domitius Labeo- Tribune of the Plebs
    Marcelo Ferrington -Archbishop of England (( GSTK
    House Reyne - Lords of Catamere (( GOT ))

Citizen

Wizards and Witches live among the Muggle world at times. Sometimes in the big cities like London. Our out in small communities or suburbs. Just make up a good place and go from there lol. Be creative with the name and the location! Just look at the other homes for examples.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Finished, for now (might make alterations later). How's my character looking, good enough or...?

Also, do we choose our own wands or wait for them to be given to us later in-game?

Wizards and Witches live among the Muggle world at times. Sometimes in the big cities like London. Our out in small communities or suburbs. Just make up a good place and go from there lol. Be creative with the name and the location! Just look at the other homes for examples.
    thanks for the advice. I will work on my home thread in the coming days. And it seems this Role play has gotten a lot of attention woot
    Manius Domitius Labeo- Tribune of the Plebs
    Marcelo Ferrington -Archbishop of England (( GSTK
    House Reyne - Lords of Catamere (( GOT ))

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    Finished, for now (might make alterations later). How's my character looking, good enough or...?

Also, do we choose our own wands or wait for them to be given to us later in-game?
    You get to create your own wands. Others have already started to do that.

Interesting background story; detailed on your parents background. I like that. Another character who will have an rather interesting development through the rp. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Nothing wrong with that really. My char is from Norway. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    I do find your chars background interesting though.

Besides there are known Ministry of Magics in Bulgaria, Mongolia, Pakistan, India, Iran, New Zealand, Germany, Bangladesh, Andorra and Burkina Faso. So I wouldn't be surprised to see characters of different nationalists in the UK with the future of the Ministry of Magic hanging by a thread and a need for reformation in the British Wizarding Community.
    Hehe, thank you.

Very good, although I highly doubt my character would get along with him at all. It's like he is the opposite of my character in a way.