Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Dunno if this is deliberately, but if I put my Arstibara in a nice line all next to each other, and then move them all to another spot, it's like a really crooked line.

Right now my formation was ______________
    Then I moved them and it was ___ ___
    --------

edit: oh bah it didn't include my spaces ...

Development on 3.0 has been kinda slow recently (work etc), but in July I'll have some free days so it should be possible to get the build in a near-release state. Will keep you updated!

We did use 3dsmax indeed, there are plenty of tutorials for this in the TWC forums.

Béset: Is it possible to include a screenshot of the (de)formation? Would be interesting to see
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Aah ... I'll see what I can do, I finished my Persian campaign, and am off to make the macedonian empire on Roma Surrectum

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Development on 3.0 has been kinda slow recently (work etc), but in July I'll have some free days so it should be possible to get the build in a near-release state. Will keep you updated!

We did use 3dsmax indeed, there are plenty of tutorials for this in the TWC forums.

Béset: Is it possible to include a screenshot of the (de)formation? Would be interesting to see
    this might be little late to answer your question to beret, but heres the pic:

as you can see, officers are in the line, but their units stay behind them, this comes after you move them, and drag them to some formation, and boom, I don't remember does this happen to those armoured ones too

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

When I try to play a campaign, i get a "cannot find rop_general.cas" error could you please help, I used my install on BI (possible connection?)

I haven't tried custom battles yet though.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

A stupid question on my behalf - what is the preffered difficupty to play as Sparta. The description says that they are hard to play. I think medium or hard, but not vh, am I right?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

note: Campaign difficulty "Very Hard" is said to be bugged, in that the player recieves the bonuses instead of teh AI. This makes Hard actually more difficult than Very Hard. Battle Difficulty fuctions as it should.
    On your question: really personal preference. I don't notice much difference except for the far less logical diplomacy AI on hard. Just try for yourself.

I'm really liking this mod. Started as Kyrene and got attacked by Kemet the first opportunity they got, when I took the region west of their capital. I have no problems with the tactical part, but economically Egypt is much stronger, plus far more concentrated than my strip of an empire. I haven't been able to get my allies to join in. Any suggestions on how to get the upper hand?

Nothing special next to just conquering them. Your troops outmatch theirs by far

I have gold edition and i tried to install in but it says when i click on the icon this application has failed to start because MSS32.DLL was not found Help

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

Reinstall or open files on the RTW disc I and copy/paste mss32.dll into your game directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    Nothing special next to just conquering them. Your troops outmatch theirs by far
    That they do, but I was really in a tight spot there, heh. It took a distraction from Kush to get the upper hand over the Kemet. Love the mod so far, though the faction's roster is kind of inflexible, and skirmishers suck.

That's because the greeks were:
    1. Not the focus of the mod;
    2. Never good at any other form of warfare.

1. Well, the mod couldn't be more expanded on the Greek part, as it is already as expanded as it can be. They simply weren't that advanced yet (it's not Classical Greece. It's Archaic)
    2. Agreed

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

If I were you ( Rop developer) I would even think about cutting off the Italy and Sicily and repleacing Taras with some Eastern faction

That would not go well with the masses (read: greek fanboys).

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Mh..actually I agree with demagogos nicator, even tough the tarantine cavalry is really cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    Mh..actually I agree with demagogos nicator
    As do I, but most of the people who download this mod just want to play the archaic greek city states.

They have a long way to go to understand that Cyrus II was one of the greatest and most important individuals ever.

I would easily place him above Alexander III.

Alexander The Cruel is overhyped. Phyrrus of Epiros would be better even. Didn't have such a huge ego.

Yes. Creating an empire stretching from Lydia to India from a small satrapy is just so many times greater than destroying a tottering and revolt ridden empire with the most advanced army of your day, and then failing to provide a substitute to that.

It was really a barbarian invasion, nothing more. Bear in mind that many of the greatest greek philosophers/scientists/generals, even Herodotus, lived in persia.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast