Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

Default Re: The Walking Dead

I think the whole TV series has already departed too much from the Comics Prison Ark... the "assault" was the Governor with 6 guys shooting aimlessly, the "tank" who took down the Prison's defences was this Armoured Truck, only Axel got shot(sadly) and the rest seem to be doing fine or at least "safe" for now. I don't believe there'll be a "final assault", a run to the armoury or anything remotely similar to what happens in comics, I think they are even wondering about where to go with Tyreese's group right now.

Will the writers script in another "assault"? or are they going to go with the "it's time to strike back" argument line? In any case this whole Woodbury vs. Prison storyline has to stop in about 4 or 5 episodes before it becomes boring, and for that to happen there has to be an escalation of hostilities or some sort of third-player(could be herds, other humans, whatever) that drives them into a pact/alliance.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Gothicus View Post
    I think the whole TV series has already departed too much from the Comics Prison Ark... the "assault" was the Governor with 6 guys shooting aimlessly, the "tank" who took down the Prison's defences was this Armoured Truck, only Axel got shot(sadly) and the rest seem to be doing fine or at least "safe" for now. I don't believe there'll be a "final assault", a run to the armoury or anything remotely similar to what happens in comics, I think they are even wondering about where to go with Tyreese's group right now.

Will the writers script in another "assault"? or are they going to go with the "it's time to strike back" argument line? In any case this whole Woodbury vs. Prison storyline has to stop in about 4 or 5 episodes before it becomes boring, and for that to happen there has to be an escalation of hostilities or some sort of third-player(could be herds, other humans, whatever) that drives them into a pact/alliance.
    There is no need to be scared of the Gov, they got his ass outgunned and outmanned. He pretty much used all of his resources right there and he took more damage than he did(considering he lost two guys and a perfectly good van.

I'd sure as say they are wondering where to go with Tyrese's group. They are so stuck they just left them out of the last episode. The biggest thing is Rick went off the deep end and we didn't even get to see what happened after it. I guess as the viewers we're suppose to be content with Rick just making out with ghosts now.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Tv governor sucks! This show HAS to be more exciting or will die just like terra nova.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Terra Nova was though.

Terra Nova was great. Just when they threw a new bone (the place the soldiers were going to ) they killed the show!
    The Armenian Issue

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Terra Nova was crap at first but by the end it was getting pretty damn good.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Just caught up. I should have known Axel was going to die. Any side character who gets a lot of character development in one episode has to die. I was starting to like him too.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Terra Nova was though.
    Maybe it was not the best comparison but anyway , they need to make the show more exciting than these 2 episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hastings View Post
    Just caught up. I should have known Axel was going to die. Any side character who gets a lot of character development in one episode has to die. I was starting to like him too.
    I feel the same way. I was starting to like the guy too. His scenes were a relief from maggie's cheap drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hastings View Post
    I actually thought they were going to make him into some inside bad guy after he started talking to Carol and was like "Oh i've never used a gun before." I suppose he had to go though, they ran out of token black guys to put down. They'll have to bring tyreses group back just so they have some more fodder...

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I thought Axel was going to turn out to be a rapist and probably murder Hershels daughter (the blonde).. I imagined a scene where someone finds the prison records and stumbles across the horrific truth, but to late.

Those who've read the comics will recall what was easily the most disturbing scene in 'TWD comics,' but it could never happen in the TV show..

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I thought Axel was going to turn out to be a rapist and probably murder Hershels daughter (the blonde).. I imagined a scene where someone finds the prison records and stumbles across the horrific truth, but to late.

Those who've read the comics will recall what was easily the most disturbing scene in 'TWD comics,' but it could never happen in the TV show..
    Then, i must read the comic now!

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by TheSutekh View Post
    Terra Nova was great. Just when they threw a new bone (the place the soldiers were going to ) they killed the show!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Terra Nova was crap at first but by the end it was getting pretty damn good.
    Yeah I know it did get good at the end so I was a bit pissed... they must of canceled it when it sucked and then it got good and it was too late cause the set was torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSutekh View Post
    I stopped watching after the 5th episode, well it wasn't bad but that's just about it.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Good lord, but Andrea is still stupid.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    Good lord, but Andrea is still stupid.
    She pisses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Da Great View Post
    She pisses me off!
    Me too. Especially because she is badass in the comics. A character I liked, butchered by the TV-series (sadly not the only one...)

I Really want that annoying *Beep* (Andrea) to die already!
    Oh...the writers loves Andrea so much lately.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I'm more aggrieved Tyrese has joined Woodbury...

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

What the **** is Ty's group doing with the Woodburyans? the ****?

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Good comparison between comic and TV Andrea (season 1&2):
    http://www.fangsforthefantasy.com/20...king-dead.html

pic:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: