Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Tiro
    The great state of North Carolina U.S.A. birthplace of nascar and home of the best barbeque on the e

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

I love the discoveries, autonomy script, & the golden age the most.

I dont know about making the pope demand regions, as the pope never historically had direct control of crusader kingdoms. Maybe use the new autonomy script to make the pope demand autonomy for the holy lands (in the form of a templar or hospitaler kingdom), and only give him the power to directly demand Rome (& maybe a couple of other central italian cities).

I can't Wait for this. God/Allah/Perkun/Zeus/Atheismo/Kong bless the SS team.
    Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever.-Napoleon Bonaparte

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes, finally I can recruit pirates! Thanks, SS team, for making such a great mod, and keep up the good work!

Stainless steel......amazing as TATW!!!

YEEEEAAAAAH!!

/reading

BTW, are you considering SSMAP for region changes? I sure hope you are.

I dont know about making the pope demand regions, as the pope never historically had direct control of crusader kingdoms. Maybe use the new autonomy script to make the pope demand autonomy for the holy lands (in the form of a templar or hospitaler kingdom), and only give him the power to directly demand Rome (& maybe a couple of other central italian cities).
    Perhaps the Levant regions to the Crusader States, Baltic regions to the Teutonic Order and central Italian regions to the Papal States. Otherwise, the Pope shouldn't be issuing that kind of missions. That could also be the trigger that puts those factions back from the dead or in case of the Teutonic Order to make them emerge.
    Last edited by Dominick; February 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    YEEEEAAAAAH!!

/reading

Perhaps the Levant regions to the Crusader States, Baltic regions to the Teutonic Order and central Italian regions to the Papal States. Otherwise, the Pope shouldn't be issuing that kind of missions. That could also be the trigger that puts those factions back from the dead or in case of the Teutonic Order to make them emerge.
    Yeah, SS 7.0 would be perfect with SSMAP and two new factions.

Agoraphobia's Avatar Foederatus

Great Britain region needs to be nerfed and Italy buffed in this next release. GB has 11 regions - the same number as Italy + Sicily, and it is really only contested by 2 factions, 3 if you count France but they don't usually bother me until Scotland is dead. Scotland is an extremely weak faction in the late era campaign and it is rather easy to eliminate them in a single turn to avoid William Wallace with clever use of ships and spies since they almost never leave a garrison in cities more than 3 units.

Meanwhile, Italy has the same number of regions as the British Isles and it always tends to be the center of conflict in Western Europe in all of my games. 5 powerful factions are always vying for control of it and the Papal states are sitting right in the middle of it all. Even as Venice it usually takes me at least 80 turns at minimum to take Italy + Sicily, not counting Rome, but playing as England I can usually take all 11 regions in the British Isles before turn 20.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Thanks for all the kind words, we're doing our best to wrap up 7.0, but can't promise a date.

All I can say is "relatively soon", please also see THIS .

Quote Originally Posted by kraxmause View Post
    Looks awesome!
    The autonomy feature looks like in TATW is it basically the same thing?
    Similiar, because I coded both, SS autonomy is more complex and more historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishpsycho View Post
    I love the discoveries, autonomy script, & the golden age the most.

I can't Wait for this. God/Allah/Perkun/Zeus/Atheismo/Kong bless the SS team.
    Actually this idea is historically justified, the initial plan of the 1st crusade was to give the church control of the Holy Land (with Antioch it was a bit complicated, because leaders of the 1st crusade promised to return it to Byzantium), this was particularly motiovated by presence of Adhemar of Le Puy, if he hadn't passed away, he'd become the "king".

Please also mind that Godfrey initially refused the "king" title and was officially Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri - Defender of the Holy Sepulchre, which was somehow expressing general conviction that God should be the only ruler of these lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    YEEEEAAAAAH!!

/reading

Yes, we are.
    These new missions are scripted, Pope may demand only a few Crusader States regions (if they're dead) and Constantinople.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; February 16, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

This just caused me to get interested in SS again.

Lun's Avatar Libertus

Great news!

amazing, and it would be possible to add new nations
    such as
    in america
    -Inca empire
    The Aztecs
    -Maya empire
    -American tribes
    in africa
    -mali empire
    -Ethiopian Empire
    in Asia
    -Chinese empire
    -japan
    -korea
    -india
    - Khmer Empire
    - Georgia
    in europe
    - Kingdom of Serbia
    - Kingdom of Sweden
    and all nations existing
    also with a map of 400 or 500 regions
    this would be possible? or is it just a dream unreachable

Tiro
    The great state of North Carolina U.S.A. birthplace of nascar and home of the best barbeque on the e

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Actually this idea is historically justified, the initial plan of the 1st crusade was to give the church control of the Holy Land (with Antioch it was a bit complicated, because leaders of the 1st crusade promised to return it to Byzantium), this was particularly motiovated by presence of Adhemar of Le Puy, if he hadn't passed away, he'd become the "king".

Please also mind that Godfrey initially refused the "king" title and was officially Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri - Defender of the Holy Sepulchre, which was somehow expressing general conviction that God should be the only ruler of these lands.
    True, but I believe that giving the in-game pope direct control of the holy land could lead to his rapid A-historical conquest of all lands west of Constantinople, so I was looking for a none threatening alternative.

Either way I'm sure I'll like having this as a feature, so no big deal.

Also, would I be overstepping my bounds if I asked if there are any plans to replace late era Sicily with the Latin Empire of Constantinople?
    Last edited by Irishpsycho; February 16, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
    Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever.-Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by RAZIEL6688 View Post
    such as
    in america
    -Inca empire
    The Aztecs
    -Maya empire
    -American tribes
    in africa
    -mali empire
    -Ethiopian Empire
    in Asia
    -Chinese empire
    -japan
    -korea
    -india
    - Khmer Empire
    - Georgia
    in europe
    - Kingdom of Serbia
    - Kingdom of Sweden
    and all nations existing
    Not possible.

The new features look refreshing! It looks like there are many new opportunities to gain additional income. But the economy in general needs a bit of nerfing compared to 6.4. It is far too easy to get rich in the current version.

I just got the game, and installed 6.4. Congratulations to all nice modders who make this game fantastic. I'm very excited to play SS 7.0
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishpsycho View Post
    True, but I believe that giving the in-game pope direct control of the holy land could lead to his rapid A-historical conquest of all lands west of Constantinople, so I was looking for a none threatening alternative.

Either way I'm sure I'll like having this as a feature, so no big deal.

Also, would I be overstepping my bounds if I asked if there are any plans to replace late era Sicily with the Latin Empire of Constantinople?
    Yeah that was my first thought as well. Papal States would definitely need some roster changes if they are taking over lots of regions. Or simple inability to build some government structures so most of their gains rebel. The other issue is that Papal States would also more likely be at war with many more Catholics and excommunications and anti-Christian Crusades would be rampant. I'll have to see how this is balanced but everything else sounds awesome- way more ambitious than I expected so soon. I really hope new map is considered- possibly even a new map for each campaign era.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Very interesting features, SS will raise up once again.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

congrats guys (i'll rep around pretty soon promise)
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RAZIEL6688 View Post
    such as
    in america
    -Inca empire
    The Aztecs
    -Maya empire
    -American tribes
    in africa
    -mali empire
    -Ethiopian Empire
    in Asia
    -Chinese empire
    -japan
    -korea
    -india
    - Khmer Empire
    - Georgia
    in europe
    - Kingdom of Serbia
    - Kingdom of Sweden
    and all nations existing
    Raziel,

To add to Ferdiad post, we have reached maximum region number, we technically have two faction slots available, but as we have maxed out Unit types number, no new factions

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

See, I started a new campaign 2 days ago on 6.4 (Norway), but now Im thinkin about 7.0 and think better just to wait rather then spend 3-4 weeks building my early empire up just to squash it when 7 comes out and start over.

Thanks alot SS team... youve given me anxiety!!!!

What to do whattodo
    Last edited by Duck of Death; February 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM.

7.0 won't be out for a long time so play 6.4 now.