Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

Karazor's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

finally yes , let's see how it is yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah , thank you guys +rep

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

It worked with the new version?
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

I have not changed the tile for The Twins (east) since it is the same as in Fire & Blood. Characters and troops can move in and out with no problem. If this is the cause of the CTD's I think I will keep the Twins as one castle rather then two.
    This is because in Fire and Blood the Twins are on the same tile as the bridge/River. It should not be a problem. I think Twins West also gives the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    This is because in Fire and Blood the Twins are on the same tile as the bridge/River. It should not be a problem. I think Twins West also gives the same error.
    Yeah I know, if im not mistaking the twins is the one part of the riverlands that I did not do myself for the 0.6 version I was tempted to use your map for this submod but I think there is to much settlements when you play hotseats.

I just Dled the new link. No more crashes! can't wait this looks like fun. Nice work

Downloading now Korpskog! Are you going to be opening up a hotseat?

Quote Originally Posted by The First Triumvirate View Post
    My experience is that it crashes at the faction loading screen on all factions.
    I've had this same problem with Third Age for a long time. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bergundy View Post
    I've had this same problem with Third Age for a long time. Does anyone know how to fix it?
    Can't help you there sorry

So far it looks like the new version is crashclean, when that is confirmed I will be happy to start up a playtest hotseat

I like the splash screen!

I tested the new version and had crashes when trying to start a Aegon or Stannis campaign.

That is disturbing! It looks like the crashes just happen to some people.. Have been able to start any campaigns at all?

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

I just wanted to say real quick that the Generic portraits for the rest of the factions, (all the factions other than Martell share the same culture) will be added in as a patch. Finding so many portraits for characters, whether they be custom or generic will take some time.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Thats awesome man!! If I have to look at another adopted general with a vanila portrait im going to shoot myself XD

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    This error might not cause immediate problems, however it might be responsible for some random crashes during game and such. It is always best to limit the amount of errors as much as you can and especially errors like these are easily fixed. The two character records can also cause crashes later in game.

Great work Korps on the quick update, I will test it shortly.

I keep getting crashes when trying to pick a faction as stated above. I'll try redownloading.

Gaming Emeritus

I again got crashes, however after deleting the string files in the text folder it started working for me.

Some suggestions before we start a hotseat:
    General suggestion: Make sure you use the naturalmilitaryskill trait more then the goodcommander trait, as you can upgrade the naturalmilitaryskill commander quite easily but you can't upgrade the goodcommander very well, also use intelligent more often, as that also gives more command stars(on connington for example).

Faction specific:
    Give more men to targaryen and make Jon connington a good general with at least 5 command stars(so that he is a night fighter) and good disciplinarian. If you don't it is too unbalanced, as Targ lacks a nightfighter.
    Give the Manderly faction leader nightfighter trait(he has enough command stars). Give Robett Glover an eager trait and some more command stars (or else the faction does not have anyone with increased movement).

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I again got crashes, however after deleting the string files in the text folder it started working for me.

Works now, Cheers

Great news Dux! I will post your solveing method at the opening post when I have time. Have you had any crashes since you deleted the string.bin files?

Connington might be a little weak I agree, traitsugestions are allways welcome! However I have scripted his greyscale being known a couple of turns in game.

some other scripted generals that makes factions stronger is:
    rickon stark (Manderly)
    Davos and Deven seaworth (Stannis)
    ser Justin Massey + sellswords (Stannis)

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    That is disturbing! It looks like the crashes just happen to some people.. Have been able to start any campaigns at all?
    Deleting the strings files solved Fire and Blood CTD problems too

I was planning on releasing Fire and Blood 0.8 this weekend, but I will delay so that we don't have two mods releasing in the same week!

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Great news Dux! I will post your solveing method at the opening post when I have time. Have you had any crashes since you deleted the string.bin files?

Connington might be a little weak I agree, traitsugestions are allways welcome! However I have scripted his greyscale being known a couple of turns in game.

some other scripted generals that makes factions stronger is:
    rickon stark (Manderly)
    Davos and Deven seaworth (Stannis)
    ser Justin Massey + sellswords (Stannis)
    Ah that is nice indeed.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Hey Korpskog, I just finished installing your mod and I can say that you (and the people who helped you) did an awesome work so far.
    I had no bugs since your last upload so what can I say : keep up the good work as always ;p

PS: As a skin maniac , I spent last 20 minutes on copying skins from other submods to yours ;d
    I used Prophet's mod and I copied Targaryen skins from Blackfyre Rebellion and also Frey and Bolton skins from Fire And Blood.
    Last edited by Deska140; March 16, 2013 at 02:24 PM.