Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.1

Ok great, thanks!

@daniu,

Been loving 2.0.6, works great, excellent work!!! I will try 2.1.1. as soon as I can...

I have 2 questions:

1. Have you been able to fix that crash that has happened with all of the PFM's since I can remeber, that if your changing variantmodels values, you can only change about 20 entries, then it crashes? Not sure if you will be looking inot this or not as you continue to improve the tool. If you need further details, I will recreate the scenario and post the result.

2. @ daniu and anyone else who can help...
    Also, I know you are dealing with S2TW right now, but does or will this pack manager be able to mod Empire Total War? ( I have tried the old PFM 1.12 with DBEditor and new 2.0.6). I have had difficulty modding that game, even though I can do just about anything I want in NTW and S2TW... Anyone who could point me in the right direction for ETW would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks for your hard work and dedicated time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andromachos View Post
    1. Have you been able to fix that crash that has happened with all of the PFM's since I can remeber, that if your changing variantmodels values, you can only change about 20 entries, then it crashes? Not sure if you will be looking inot this or not as you continue to improve the tool. If you need further details, I will recreate the scenario and post the result.
    No, I have not been working on the variantmodels editor at all.
    I am planning on rewriting it altogether (I find it sluggish and don't really trust it tbh), probably won't be working on it until then.

Also, I know you are dealing with S2TW right now, but does or will this pack manager be able to mod Empire Total War?
    Yes, afaik the current PFM should be able to work on the ETW and NTW pack files just fine. There was one file which I had to let go for technical reasons (forgot which one it was now), but really bascially all db files should be still be readable and editable.
    Don't let yourself be irritated by the yellow db file entries in the tree view; those indicate obsolete versions, but that's fine simply because for many of those files, new versions have been introduced with the new games and patches; but ETW will not be able to read those new versions anyway, so just ignore it.
    If you run into problems just let me know.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Uploaded new version, 2.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    Campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects has odd values in the first column. All negative values are wrong. For example instead of -1 it shows me "4294967295"? If I try to change it into -1 I get a data grid error.
    This is fixed now.

- fixed negative numbers (see above)
    - added first support for groupformations.bin

If someone could put up a tutorial for the groupformations, that would be great.
    Until then, this should be pretty exhaustive, most of the information is still applicable.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.2

OK, everything works... even with PFM 2.1.2, but I am still having issues with ETW...

Is it OK to post this issue here? If not, let me know and I will post it elsewhere...

I have created my own mod pack (set in PFM as a "Mod"), I have my user.script.txt setup in the correct directory with that mod.pack designated, but the changes do not show up in ETW...

I am essentially doing the same thing I have done with both NTW and S2TW, where I have made vast,sweeping changes to those games...

So this problem probably does not have anything to do with PFM, it is proabably more a procedural issue in how I have the mod set up or not utilizing my scripts correctly.

If anyone has a guess, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time...

Quote Originally Posted by Andromachos View Post
    Is it OK to post this issue here? If not, let me know and I will post it elsewhere...

I have created my own mod pack (set in PFM as a "Mod"), I have my user.script.txt setup in the correct directory with that mod.pack designated, but the changes do not show up in ETW...
    [...]
    If anyone has a guess, I would greatly appreciate it.

Well it's OK to post it here, but unless you find out that it's actually caused by the PFM itself (in which case I'll be happy to fix it), I for one can't help you with it, and you're more likely to get a worthwhile response over at the ETW modding area.
    The only thing I can think of is that you do need to save the user.script.txt as Unicode or ETW would ignore it.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

@daniu,

I have played with it a bit more, I think your right, PFM is not the issue... I will make sure my script is setup in the right format.

Thanks again for all of your hard work. I will be following this thread!!!

when i use PFM newest version to open Radious unit pack 3 DataGridView Default Error Dialog always show up , and i can't view unit_stat . i asked Radious and he said he doesn't have this problem . someone help me

Hmmm, when i use the "copy" and "paste" button in the PFM and then use the "export TSV" and open it on notepad at the end of each lines that i use the copy/paste is something like "Boshin_Imperial_Infantry\t\n"

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger tank View Post
    when i use PFM newest version to open Radious unit pack 3 DataGridView Default Error Dialog always show up , and i can't view unit_stat . i asked Radious and he said he doesn't have this problem . someone help me
    Uncheck the checkmark "use combo box cells" in the db editor before opening unit_stats_land.

Quote Originally Posted by veliem View Post
    Hmmm, when i use the "copy" and "paste" button in the PFM and then use the "export TSV" and open it on notepad at the end of each lines that i use the copy/paste is something like "Boshin_Imperial_Infantry\t\n"
    Notepad is really not the preferred tool to open tsv files, try OpenOffice or Excel.
    Last edited by daniu; April 28, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

thank you , now i can view unit stat keep going update PFM

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Quote Originally Posted by veliem View Post

Notepad++ is the best for editing tsv files.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

How do you add loose formation to a unit?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Added schema_15.zip with updates provided by rob-a-dogg and veliem.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I would like to know if is there a way to remove the food requirements from buildings using PFM??

If it does how do I make these changes??

Thanks.

In 2.1.2 some of the columes are marked as "Unknown#" with the # being the number in question. Is my copy messed up or are those just unmarked for now. I'm looking at the boshin unit stats tables.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

im having that aswell witch i hate since it makes it very hard for ppl new with shogun 2 modding =P

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    In 2.1.2 some of the columes are marked as "Unknown#" with the # being the number in question. Is my copy messed up or are those just unmarked for now. I'm looking at the boshin unit stats tables.
    They are unmarked for now because no one knows what they mean.
    If you find out what they do, let me know so I can work it in.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I think I found a error. In 2.1.2 I went to change "Patch15", because I think it has the startpos information Darthmod uses (looking to lengthen campiagn) but when I went to save the file the PFM froze and I had to terminate it but Patch15.pack went missing from the directory. I did a file search, checked recycle bin, and tried to undo the delete but the file was nowhere to be found. So I am going to verify the game cache and let it re-download it.