Page 54 of 109 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2171

Thread: [Spoilers] Game Of Thrones - Clash Of Kings ( SERIES )

Default Re: [Spoilers] Game Of Thrones - Clash Of Kings ( SERIES )

Charles Dance is amazing as Tywin.

Am I the only one who thinks Charles Dance is the most menacing character left in the show? Even when he's nice, he still looks like an icy cold demon completely capable of suffocating children.

Balon, The Mountain, not even Joffrey has anything on Tywin Lannister. He should be called Tywin Grozny because he's that damn scary.

Jesus, and I thought there were a lot of "those" scenes in the tv-series.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Charles Dance is the most menacing character left in the show? Even when he's nice, he still looks like an icy cold demon completely capable of suffocating children.

Balon, The Mountain, not even Joffrey has anything on Tywin Lannister. He should be called Tywin Grozny because he's that damn scary.
    He definitely nails it 100%

Default Game of Thrones (Best Actor for the Role)

For Oberyn Martell, I would say Oded Fehr

Eerily matches Oberyn Martell's physical description in my opinion. He's a great actor (The guy from The Mummy and Resident Evil), and most importantly, same skin tone as the Dornish are known for.

Who do you think should play what roles (of those who haven't obviously appeared yet)

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Game of Thrones (Best Actor for the Role)

Any role Sean Bean has is the best.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Hakkapeliitta's Avatar Senator
    Dark side of the Moooooon (where the cows are)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl View Post
    Any role Sean Bean has is the best.
    Yes! Sean Bean should play every role, I'm sure modern tech can accomplish it. Imagine the love scenes!

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Yeah, Sean Bean for every death scene.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

So we are inching towards the House of the Undying for Dany in the show. Has anyone seen any mention of how the show is gonna handle it? They can't gloss over it, they have Pyat Pree and even mentioned the house in the last episode. I'd put the rest of the discussion in spoilers.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The house of the undying in Clash is really just a way for GRRM to tease future events and contrast their truth with past events. Because of the nature of the POV narrative we don't truly see with great detail what Dany is seeing. The woman being eaten by tiny men, the king with a wolfs head, the king with blue eyes and a red sword casting no shadow etc. etc.. In the books we can guess at who they are but in the show we will actually SEE what Dany sees rather than getting a Dany version of what she saw. So we will see that the King with a wolfs head has the body of Robb Stark at the Red Wedding, or that the blue eyed king is actually Stannis. Lets also not forget the visions of the mummers dragon, the freeing of the slaves on Yunkai, the scene with Rhaegar and the dragon having three heads. The blue flower in the wall of ice.

To me this scene could be hugely pivotal in revealing information to book readers but also providing too much foreshadowing for the show. So... what do people think. Are they going to show the visions or just show the attempt on her life. I am actually rather scared that they will just show the attempt on her life and Drogon saving her.

Thoughts?

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkapeliitta View Post
    Yes! Sean Bean should play every role, I'm sure modern tech can accomplish it. Imagine the love scenes!
    ...Who else just got aroused and disgusted at the same time?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Not phisically the same but I think James Purefoy would fit the part well, for Mance I would consider Henry Ian Cusick.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

I think that a natural blonde would be better suited to the role of Cersei Lannister than Lena Headey. Not that Lena isn't doing a good job, but IMHO a natural blonde like Sophia Myles or Rosamund Pike would be a better and more believable Cersei than the dark-haired Lena.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

No doubt everything will be condensed to hell and back, so I don't think a lot of things will be shown. However, some of the larger things (wolf, blue-eyes) might be shown in such a way to not reveal it outright.

In the show everyone is older so Rosamund Pike is way to young to be a believable Cersei.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    Not phisically the same but I think James Purefoy would fit the part well, for Mance I would consider Henry Ian Cusick.
    James Purefroy would be brilliant, Antonio Banderas would also be great but I think that they will be arabic rather than muslim Span to give the show some more cultural flavour.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    In the show everyone is older so Rosamund Pike is way to young to be a believable Cersei.
    Well, she is 33 years old. Cersei is supposed to be in her late twenties in the books, IIRC. Anyway, my argument was for a natural blonde actress and these two popped in my mind immediately, especially Rosamund Pike, since she has that "regal" attitude necessary to portray the queen of the Seven Kingdoms.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    For Oberyn Martell, I would say Oded Fehr

Eerily matches Oberyn Martell's physical description in my opinion. He's a great actor (The guy from The Mummy and Resident Evil), and most importantly, same skin tone as the Dornish are known for.

Who do you think should play what roles (of those who haven't obviously appeared yet)
    Yeah, he looks great and all, However, didn't the Dornish consist of different skin colours dependant on where they lived? I seem to recall there were white people, with blonde hair, the olive coloured one's you speak of aswell as dark/almost black. But yea, I think that Oberyn was olive.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Campidoctor

I'm very intrigued what they will include. They are obviously going to go to the House of the Undying and see something, but I am not sure how they can show the scenes as written without it being very vague and confusing, or being too obvious and spoiling future seasons.

I do have a theory however, that the rumoured scene featuring Aerys from last year (I don't know much about it as I didn't come to the series until last August, but apparently there was meant to be a dream scene with Ned or something?) could appear. I believe the Mad King was seen in that chapter...

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
    I'm very intrigued what they will include. They are obviously going to go to the House of the Undying and see something, but I am not sure how they can show the scenes as written without it being very vague and confusing, or being too obvious and spoiling future seasons.

I do have a theory however, that the rumoured scene featuring Aerys from last year (I don't know much about it as I didn't come to the series until last August, but apparently there was meant to be a dream scene with Ned or something?) could appear. I believe the Mad King was seen in that chapter...
    I think people were just imagining things with thinking that, because I haven't heard of that being on the dvd or anything as they said everything filmed was put into the show as they didn't have the budget to go filming things that were going to be cut or something to that effect.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Dont want to sound like a negative nancy but I think this discussion is kind of pointless since they wont change the cast.