Thread: anyone modding SHARPE?

Default anyone modding SHARPE?

hey guys, has anyone modded sharpe or his chosen men into Empire total war yet? If so, could you please tell me because I am desperate to have him in!! Thanks a lot,

Matt

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: anyone modding SHARPE?

The British have the green coats already. so he is in there "technically" but i don't think there is a mod about HIM yet.

I guess the "Expansion" for ETW will be "Napoleons Empire Total War" so that should include the "Peninsula War" + the "Napoleonic Wars (1799-1815). Only time will tell

General A. Skywalker's Avatar Primicerius
    currently Coruscant, but born on Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCox View Post
    I guess the "Expansion" for ETW will be "Napoleons Empire Total War" so that should include the "Peninsula War" + the "Napoleonic Wars (1799-1815). Only time will tell
    My guess, too.

However, I hope we won't see Sharpe in the expansion, that'd be kind of ridiculous! (I mean a British uber-riflemen... not really good for gameplay I guess. )

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by General A. Skywalker View Post
    My guess, too.

However, I hope we won't see Sharpe in the expansion, that'd be kind of ridiculous! (I mean a British uber-riflemen... not really good for gameplay I guess. )
    they did use Sharpe and Hornblower for reference for military and navy combat.

english tyrant's Avatar Domesticus

My guess, too.

:O I think it would be rather good actually

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    they did use Sharpe and Hornblower for reference for military and navy combat.
    But that does't mean we should actually meet them on the battlefield.

My guess, too.

While Sharpe might be a matter of fiction British uber Riflemen were real enough and should be a part of any Napoleonic combat, especially the Penninsular campaign.

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

Well if Sharpe and his men are to remain true to the series then they'd have to miraculously evade being shot by anything and have ALL french units, especially cavelry, simple run around in circles before routing at the mere sight of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    While Sharpe might be a matter of fiction British uber Riflemen were real enough and should be a part of any Napoleonic combat, especially the Penninsular campaign.
    Of course, never claimed they shouldn't! (I was only referring to Sharpe!)
    Greenjackets are in the original ETW already, so I expect them to be in a Napoleon expansion, too!

Forget Richard Sharpe. I would be happier if they could make the Riflemen behave right. They really should use their superior range. It would be great if they would stay out of musket range automatically. Run, turn, fire, run. In pairs if possible.

FatBaron

PS: Should be possible though to alter the facial texture to make all officers look like Sean Bean.

Quote Originally Posted by FatBaron View Post
    Forget Richard Sharpe. I would be happier if they could make the Riflemen behave right. They really should use their superior range. It would be great if they would stay out of musket range automatically. Run, turn, fire, run. In pairs if possible.

FatBaron

PS: Should be possible though to alter the facial texture to make all officers look like Sean Bean.
    already working on it

Just managed to put a seperate unit/model/texture in the game called "sharpe's rifles" as above, but now with it being seperate, I can make changes to the texture of it, without affecting the normal green jackets unit. Guide to create a "new" unit (as in a new model to be referanced unit tables) is in the modding workshop forum.

I was actually toying with removing the green jackets unit, and have a 1 recruitable unit for the 60th rifles (red collars) and a 1 recruitable unit for the 95th rifles and then having the sharpes rifles as a seperate but better version (with faces for sharpe, harper, harris and hagman).

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

O.MY.GOD

Quote Originally Posted by warmachine View Post
    already working on it

Just managed to put a seperate unit/model/texture in the game called "sharpe's rifles" as above, but now with it being seperate, I can make changes to the texture of it, without affecting the normal green jackets unit. Guide to create a "new" unit (as in a new model to be referanced unit tables) is in the modding workshop forum.

I was actually toying with removing the green jackets unit, and have a 1 recruitable unit for the 60th rifles (red collars) and a 1 recruitable unit for the 95th rifles and then having the sharpes rifles as a seperate but better version (with faces for sharpe, harper, harris and hagman).
    Sounds like fun. But - once again - I would prefer a more intelligent skirmishing AI over textures. But this is much more harder to do I guess.

Looking forward to Sharpe and his comrades. Let us know what you come up with!

FatBaron

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Sounds great.
    Be sure to post updates

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow