Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Storm's End, Seat of House Baratheon

Default Storm's End, Seat of House Baratheon

"Ours is the Fury"

The Baratheon Family

• Lord Lyonel Baratheon 'The Laughing Storm', Lord of Storms End, born in 187 AC, died in 240 AC
    • Children of his wife Sarra Baratheon nee. Buckler, born in 188 AC
      • Lord Ormund Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End, born in 213 AC - betrothed to Princess Rhaelle Targaryen, born in 229 AC
      • Lysa Dondarrion nee. Baratheon, born in 216 AC - married to Ser Olver Dondarrion, born in 220 AC
      • Ser Godric Baratheon, born in 218 AC - married to Lady Morya Baratheon nee. Morrigen, born in 214 AC, died in 241 AC
        • his son Eldred Baratheon, born in 234 AC
        • his sister Mya Baratheon, born in 236 AC

• Renfred Baratheon, born in 226 AC

• Bastard children
      • Ser Harys Waters, born in 215 AC

• Ser Boros Baratheon 'Ironfist', born in 193 AC
    • Children of his first wife Lady Deana Baratheon nee. Penrose, born in 201 AC, died in 233
      • Leona Baratheon, born in 216 AC
      • Ser Argilac Baratheon, born in 220 AC
      • Shierle Baratheon, born in 226

Lord Ormund Baratheon

Born in 213 AC
    Marital Status: Betrothed to Rhaelle Targaryen
    Children: None
    Temperaments:
    Sanguine:
    - Confident: This character is very self-assured, brimming with confidence and difficult to shake even under pressure. However, taken to an extreme, they can show a suicidal disregard for their life and the lives of others, and fail to take...well, failure into account when planning. +1 battle rolls, +1 to rout rolls against this character.
    - Upbeat: Nothing seems to get this character down. They're perpetually smiling and looking on the bright side of even the darkest developments, truly the kind of optimism that can be infectious...or delusional, if the situation is bad enough. +1 to surviving non-battle death rolls, -1 to post-battle rolls (captivity, death, wounding).
    Choleric:
    - Impulsive: This character acts before (sometimes, without) thinking. They might move and decide more quickly than others, but their recklessness can lead them to disaster as well. +5% movement speed, -1 to detection rolls.

Traits: Survival +2 Personal Combat +2 Battle+2
    (+1 Battle rolls + 1 to rout rolls
    +1 Survival to non-Battle-rolls -1 to post Battle rolls
    +5% movement speed for armies, -1 to detection rolls)

Equipment:
    A single handed weapon and shield (+2 Duels, +4 Survival, +6 hp)
    Full Plate (+20 hp, +1 Battles, +6 Survival, +5 post-battle condition rolls)

Biography:
    Being born as the son of the famous Laughing Storm, Ormund always stood in the shadow of his father, struggleing most of the time to proof himself. He eventually became knighted and even participated in few tourneys, yet without any real success.
    Ormund realized early that he was in the end destined to inherit his father, thus thinking that there were other ways to proof himself as a good lord. At court he learnt this lesson quickly and even more, when the betrothal between the Targaryens and his sister Lysa Baratheon was broken by the sides of their overlords. When his father rose up in rebellion and declared himself King, Ormund followed him as he also saw the honor of his House and his sister being offended.
    The rebellion took however a quick end, when the Commander of the Kingsguard Ser Duncan the Tall defeated The Laughing Storm in a Trial of Combat, thus ending a short rebellion more quickly than it started. For compensation the Targaryens betrothed Rhaelle Targaryen to Ormund, which calmed down the conflict for the moment. Lord Lyonel eventually died a natural death at the beginning of 240 AC, thus causing Ormund to inherit Storm's End and the Stormlands.

Ser Godric Baratheon

Born in 218 AC
    Marital Status: married to Lady Morya Baratheon nee. Morrigen, born in 214 AC
    Children: Eldred Baratheon, Mya Baratheon
    Temperaments:
    Sanguine:
    - Confident: This character is very self-assured, brimming with confidence and difficult to shake even under pressure. However, taken to an extreme, they can show a suicidal disregard for their life and the lives of others, and fail to take...well, failure into account when planning. +1 battle rolls, +1 to rout rolls against this character.

- Sociable: This character is an extroverted social butterfly, capable of making friends left and right. However, they have little time for 'boring' matters like finances, and are more interested in buying flashy things to show off to their friends than managing their wealth. +1 Charisma, -2% income.

Supine:
    - Idealistic: This person is a strong believer in higher ideals and the innate goodness of man. On the one hand they tend to be inspiring and uplifting figures, on the other they can be taken advantage of by those who live well beneath their expectations. +1 Charisma, -1 to rout/assassination/escape rolls.

Traits: Survival +2 Personal Combat +2 Battle +1 Charisma+1
    (+1 Battle rolls
    +2 Charisma -1 to assassination/escape rolls
    -2% income)

Biography:
    Having so far lived a live without higher expectations, Ser Godric Baratheon participated in a majority of tournaments, thus filling out Lord Lyonel's role within tournaments, once The Laughing Storm retired.
    Eventually Ser Godric would become a charismatic tourney knight, eventually marrying a lady of House Morrigen in order to improve the relationships within the Stormlands once more. Though being married he often seeks for a challenge, while staying nontheless charming and sometimes inspiring. By holding up the ideals of honor and chivalry he often gets into conflict with his uncle Ser Boros, who merely can call Godric naive.

Ser Boros Baratheon 'Ironfist'

Born in 193 AC
    Marital Status: widowed - first marriage with Deana Baratheon nee Penrose
    Children: Leona Baratheon, Ser Argilac Baratheon, Shierle Baratheon
    Temperaments:

Phlegmatic:
    - Austere: This character disdains pomp and pageantry, instead preferring a plain & simple (the uncharitable might say 'rigidly spartan') lifestyle. +5% income, -1 Charisma.

- Reserved: This character is a stoic who generally keeps to him/herself and exercises strict control over their emotions. While this means they're not likely to make reckless moves in court or on the battlefield, they can come across as unfeeling robots to others. +1 battle rolls, -1 Charisma.

Melancholic:

- Meticulous: This character loves to analyze situations down to the last minutiae before acting. On one hand this means they'll probably have a clear picture going in, on the other their decision-making abilities could easily become paralyzed as they spend too much time analyzing and not enough acting. +1 detection rolls, -5% movement speed.

Traits: Survival +2 Battle +2 Logistician+1 Rearguard +1
    (+1 Battle rolls +1 Detection rolls
    -2 Charisma - 5% movement speed
    +5% income)

Equipment:
    Full Plate (+20 hp, +1 Battles, +6 Survival, +5 post-battle condition rolls)

Biography:
    While Ser Lyonel Baratheon was always the celebrated champion of the family, Boros had to learn the hard way his lesson, that the world outside the walls of Storm's End wasn't as noble and honorable as it was used to be praised.
    In 219 AC he volunteerly joined the royalists against the Third Blackfyre rebellion, where he witnessed the horrors of war directly, as the former Lord Baratheon and a brother of his died within the conflict. For the price of left hand, Boros survived the war, which turned in favor of the Targaryens, thus leading him to invest his time more into the art of war by reading novels, excerpts and anything he could somehow obtain. On several occasions he visited Oldtown and the Citadel in order to obtain more knowledge, sometimes more successful than other times.
    During the Peake Uprising and the Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion he commanded troops in the name of his Lord brother, while making himself a name as 'Ironfist' due to the Iron fist, he wears as as a replacement to his lost hand. Due to his situation, Ser Boros often commands the Rearguard, while taking most of his time to analyze the enemy, thus allowing minor lords, whom he sees fit for command to execute his commands.
    Though his war expieriences turned Ser Boros into a bitter man, he kept even in his youth distance from other people, while frequently offending them at court. Nowadays people might respect that he fought for the loyalists cause, while though he isn't liked well.
    Few peasant rebellions within the surroundings of Storm's End are rumored to have been caused because of Boros' reforms and judgement in absence of Lord Lyonel. The outcome was most times bloody, as the Baratheon men repaid rebellion with oppression and blood.
    He has a difficult relationship with his nephews although Lord Ormund seems to be the only one, who seems to listen to his counsil more often, as he serves diligent as the steward of Storm's End. Nontheless he seems to care for his own children, although it is sometimes hard to tell.

Storm's End

Regional Boni

Major Fortress
    Major fortresses have the following attributes:
    - Will last 18 months in a Siege (1.5 RL weeks, 1 week and 3.5 days).
    - Have a +12 roll to any Siege assault undertaken against them.
    - Can hold their entire garrison plus 300% of the base Land Levy points of their province.

• Storm's End is known for being able to marshal a large force. Storm’s End gets an additional 1000 militia points.
    • Storm's End is renowned for its blacksmiths and grants a 10% discount on all weapons and armor purchased.

Buildings & Misc.
    TIER I
    Small Trade Market - Gives access to the trade system, provides one resource to select to trade.

Market Square: +10% income

Militia Armoury: +500 Militia Points

Wall Reinforcements: +1 Siege Defence rolls

Mounted Light Ballistae: Increases dragon death chances by +1, in siege battles, increases defender archery rolls by +1

City Watch Quarters: 400 Light Infantry permanently stationed in your home territory. Cannot be moved elsewhere.

(Coastal Only) Dockyard: +500 naval militia points, +10% income

TIER II
    Town Watch: +1,000 Militia Points, 5% cheaper professional troop hire.

Merchant's Square: +10% province income

Citadel Towers: +1 Siege Defence rolls

Mounted Medium Ballistae: Increases dragon death chances by +1, in siege battles, increases defender archery rolls by +1

City Watch Barracks: 200 Archers permanently stationed in your home territory. Cannot be moved elsewhere.

(Coastal Only) Large Dockyard: +750 naval militia points, 5% cheaper naval mercs, +5% income [under construction]

TIER III
    Barracks: +1,000 Militia Points, 10% cheaper professional troop hire.

Holdfast: +1 Siege Defence rolls. Holdfast acts as a second castle within the first, which has the basic +siege bonus plus the Tier I and Tier II bonuses. Will survive a 6 month (3.5 day) siege from when the outer castle falls.

Active Edicts:

Press Gangs. 10,000 Dragons. +1,000 naval militia points.

Naval Infrastructure. 10,000 Dragons. +1,000 naval militia points.

Merchant Taxation. +20,000 Dragons income, -1 trade route.

Military of Storm's End

Storm's End (7,500 points):

5,625 Light Infantry
    1,875 Archers

500 Heavy Infantry
    1000 Polearm Infantry
    375 Light Cavalry
    125 Heavy Cavalry
    500 Archers
    50 Household Knights

Total: 10,000 men

Additional forces (Barracks, Rescources, Edicts, other):

(4,700 points)
    2,100 Heavy Infantry
    500 Archers

Total: 2,600 men

Garrison of Storm's End:
    200 Heavy Infantry (400 points)
    500 Light Infantry (500 points)
    200 Polearm Infantry (300 points)
    300 Archers (300 points)

Total: 1,200 men

Naval forces of Storm's End

Storm's End
    20 levy ships

Additinal naval forces (Edicts, Buildings, Rescource, etc.):

Naval Militia (500 maximum)

5 Grand Warships (500 points)

Trade and Rescources

Current Trade deals: None

Produced Rescources:

Grain (+1,200 Land Militia points) is the staple food of Westeros, used to feed the throngs of smallfolk and to grace the feast tables of the aristocracy alike. Enjoying the control of such a valuable resource will grant the local Lord a greater capacity for fielding armies.

Horses (20% cheaper hire and 10% cheaper upkeep for professional cavalry) are an important component in Westerosi warfare, where the Knight reigns supreme on the battlefield. As such these beasts, especially good quality beasts, are highly sought after and can cost a great deal of money. Possession of ones own company of horse rearers eliminates much of this cost.

Last edited by Lord Dread; December 16, 2017 at 06:18 PM.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Storm's End, Seat of House Baratheon

A small party detached from House Dondarrion arrived with minimal pomp and ceremony, led of course by Barristan, accompanied by his son Olver, who drew appreciative stares from the women of the castle as he rode by, as well as the occasional man. For his part the heir to Blackhaven was happy to offer smiles and waves when he caught notice of others' attention.

When they were led before the Lord of Storm's End, Barristan sketched a rough half-bow while beside him Olver offered his own bow, deep, proper and formal. As was the habit of the old lord of Blackhaven in larger public gatherings, he waited for his son to speak for him. The younger man did so, offering the necessary pleasantries, which his father would have scorned: "My Lord Baratheon, we are honored to be summoned here into your presence. We hope we find you in good health and that all goes well here at Storm's End. We will be pleased to be of assistance in whatever matters you require."

Alongside Ser Godric, an elder member of the Baratheon family was present within the solar of Storm's End at the side of Lord Ormund.
    With a sharp eye, Ser Boros Baratheon eyed the Lord of Blackhaven and his son, who entered the keep. Nontheless he remained silent for the moment.

"The honor is at my side as well, mylords"
    , Lord Baratheon himself replied, while looking around, "Time will tell, who else will arrive at Storm's End after having heard my call. Most of the matters will be of a harmless matter I assume,
    but the Lords need to know that House Baratheon is vigilant as usual, when it comes to the needs and protection of their vassals."

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Lord Willum of house Greyjoy arrives in storms end, he’d like to discuss politics and potiental alliances between the houses

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Slightly surprised by Lord Greyjoy himself having arrived at the front gates of Storm's End, the guards inform Lord Baratheon about the presence of the visitor from the Iron Islands.
    Once things were sorted out at the gates under the watchful gaze of Ser Boros Baratheon, Lord Willum is lead inside the keep.
    After a while and under the distrusting looks of the guards, they eventually arrived at the Throne room, where Lord Ormund Baratheon already awaited his visitor.
    "My Lord uncle informed me that you wish to discuss political matters, as you called them, mylord Greyjoy", he said then after a while, being so far sceptical, "I'm so far not certain if I was informed correctly, but you spoke of
    'potential alliances'?"

The atmosphere within the room was nearly cold as ice, when Baratheon's narrow look mustered the Lord Paramount of the Iron Islands.

Citizen

This is true Lord Baratheon, I wish to broker an alliance between our houses and securing a marriage between myself and Lady Lysa Baratheon.
    Last edited by Lord William; November 28, 2017 at 06:22 PM.

Section Editor ES

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    This is true Lord Baratheon, I wish to broker an alliance between our houses and securing a marriage between myself and Lady Lysa Baratheon.
    "An alliance with the Ironborn?", Ser Boros sneered humorless, "Why would Lord Baratheon need an alliance with rock and salt, Greyjoy? If conflict errupts within the Seven Kingdoms, what forces would the Ironborn assemble?
    Tell me, Greyjoy, why my nephew should trade my niece for the alliance with some islands, which are far away from our homeland.
    Tell me, why we should even trust your word at all.
    The King promised Liane a future as Queen of the Iron Throne - promises, broken as if their words were wind.
    Thus again: Why should we even trust you at all?"

"That's enough, uncle", Lord Baratheon added, while though wondering what Greyjoy would respond.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    "An alliance with the Ironborn?", Ser Boros sneered humorless, "Why would Lord Baratheon need an alliance with rock and salt, Greyjoy? If conflict errupts within the Seven Kingdoms, what forces would the Ironborn assemble?
    Tell me, Greyjoy, why my nephew should trade my niece for the alliance with some islands, which are far away from our homeland.
    Tell me, why we should even trust your word at all.
    The King promised Liane a future as Queen of the Iron Throne - promises, broken as if their words were wind.
    Thus again: Why should we even trust you at all?"

"That's enough, uncle", Lord Baratheon added, while though wondering what Greyjoy would respond.
    Tis true of the seven kingdoms our house yields the least men but what we lack in numbers, we gain in quality.

I can't answer for the King's dishonesty, I am not him but I say that House Greyjoy honours their agreements. If house Baratheon called for aid, house Greyjoy would answer though I trust that this loyalty and friendship would be reciprocated.

Section Editor ES

"And yet you demand more than you can give", Lord Ormund closed the case, "I might no share the words of my uncle, as they weren't polite,
    but I see no advantage for House Baratheon in this deal. If I marry off my sister to Lord Tyrell, Lord Lannister or Lord Tully,
    I could know that I left her in trustworthy hands, where I can be certain of their help, should anything threaten the Stormlands.
    If the situation is dire, I can count on their manpower.

Yet, Lord Greyjoy, you lack the manpower to afford this task, while the Iron Islands are too far off my coast in order to keep that promise.
    Moreover, the reputation of your House and the Iron Islands as a whole speaks against such a marriage. Your people are known as reavers,
    scum, pirates without any honor at worst.
    I do not intend to send any of my family members to a court, where pirates tend to hold their court and thus endanger the safety of said family."

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

The Griffin's Roost was a short way from Storm's End and thus the Connington party was quick to show up when the summons arrived

With the arrival of most Stormlords, Lord Ormund Baratheon opened the council meeting, as a majority of High Lords and minor lords has arrived.
    Next to the side of their Lord, both Ser Boros Baratheon and Ormund's cousin Ser Argilac were present. An empty seat was still remaining to the right of Lord Baratheon, probably one of a guest, whom he awaited but who hadn't arrived.

"Lords and Ladies of the Stormland, who are present here in this room"
    , he began then after minor discussions have ended and the full attention was on sides of the Lord Paramount, "We have gathered here to discuss the very future of our lands.
    The era of my father, Lord Lyonel Baratheon, called by some as 'The Laughing Storm' has ended a year ago, as the Stranger took him to his court.
    Back then we all came together for his funeral while mourning his loss.
    The time of griefing is now over, as we look into a new future, one that hasn't been forged yet.
    As Lord Lyonel's firstborn son, I have inherited the Lordship of Storm's End and the titles of my father, as it was always the priviledge of my family since the days of Orys Baratheon.

People knew our ancestor as the half-brother of Aegon Targaryen and his sisters Rhaenys and Visenya. A bold man of Valyrian heritage and even without a dragon a fine warrior.
    According to the chronicles, Orys Baratheon fought in multiple battles, of which the one, known as 'The Last Storm' is probably the most famous one.
    It was there when the Durrandon King was slain by Orys himself and his daughter was wed to Aegon's newly named Lord Paramount.
    Within the years of his reign, Orys fought for the Targaryens loyally.
    He lost his hand as the Dornish captured him and his men, while chopping of their sword hand, but stood nontheless vigilant against the Vulture King afterwards.
    Among Aegon's supporters he was always one of his most loyal bannermen and the Targaryens treated the Baratheons, along with the Stormlands with respect."

A short pause followed, while Ormund knew that the majority of the present lords would know to where this short history lesson would lead.

"Nowadays this legacy of loyal servitude seems to be forgotten by our overlords", he then continiued,
    Prince Duncan ashamed his father, the benevolent King Aegon V. by marrying a Riverlander girl by the name of Jenny. Born as a commoner, this woman is now known as our Queen.
    Even more disturbing for our lands, however, is the fact, that Prince Duncan broke the betrothal between my sister Lady Lysa Baratheon and himself to marry said peasant girl!
    My father Lord Lyonel rose up in rebellion afterwards. And while though the rebellion was ended before it actually began, a compromise was made:
    A marriage between myself and Princess Rhaelle Targaryen was arranged by Aegon V. The girl serves at my mother's court as a cupbearer, while she will come to age over the course of the next years.

Yet King Aegon V. is dead - and with him for now the wisdom, which his reign brought to us.
    Our new overlord is the same man, who broke his promises for the love of a peasant girl.
    A man, whose advisors I don't know and a man, whose other siblings broke betrothals in order to seek their own luck, while angering both the Reach and the Riverlands.

Unstable times have begun under the reign of King Duncan I., rightful King of Westeros, thus it will as well affect the situation of the Stormlands.
    Where the King refuses to search counsil from his Lord Paramounts, I wish to ask you, mylords, what course would be the best for the Stormlands. Where will we stand if Duncan I. will ask for our banners, should the situation become worse?
    What will be our position within the realm, when conflict arises from the insults, which the nobility has recieved from House Targaryen?
    This is what I wish to know, as we should remain united in our common cause where the realm as a whole fails!"

Lord Connington listened carefully to the words of his overlord and then stood up to speak

"I think an ultimatum must be sent, mylord. Either Aegon's wish is fulfilled and you marry Princess Rhaelle, or we take up arms. We will not stand another lie, another broken promise. If we do, we'll be seen as weaklings and the whole power structure of Westeros shall be shaken. We cannot allow for the King to mistreat his vassals, specially those, such as House Baratheon, that have always been loyal."

"As much as I agree to the upholding of the former King's agreement, I dare say that I do not intend the King to become my sworn enemy", Lord Ormund replied after a while, "A war declaration as my father sought to do might not be in our best interest.
    We have much to lose, should we lose the rebellion and without any help from allies outside of the Stormlands it is an impossible task, Lord Connington.
    Rhaelle Targaryen will remain my guest until the betrothal turns into a full marriage. Thus was the word of the Old King, thus it shall be respected.
    Honor is on our side, should the situation grow dire.
    Which, by the Seven, I hope won't be the case."

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

"I agree." Lord Dondarrion declared. "We cannot risk such an ultimatum, certainly not yet. If Duncan decides that he should prefer the latter option, then we must either march to war against the King himself, potential suicide, or showing that our threat was empty, which makes us look even weaker than simply suffering another such insult."

He stopped, thinking.
    "It seems to me that whatever our decision, the Stormlands should certainly stand together, but we do not need to stand alone. We are not the only lords that have been wronged. If we stand together with others whom have been disgruntled by the recent decisions of the Targaryen rulers, then perhaps we can send a more powerful message without needing to declare war, simply showing the King that he must tread carefully around his vassals and their honor."

Lord Ormund nodded, being glad that Dondarrion was so far on the same side as him.
    "There is one man, whom I hoped would eventually arrive at this meeting, but probably either didn't recieve the raven or didn't dare to come", Lord Ormund added to the words of the Stormlord, "The residence of Summerhall was once part of the Stormlands as well, before the land was granted towards the royal family, in order to serve as a second residence, next to Dragonstone. I presume that either Prince Jaeherys or Prince Daeron Targaryen will be holders of the estate.
    Thus I hoped that there would be at this meeting the chance to discuss the current matters at hand with another Targaryen family member outside of my court.
    If the King ignores the current situation in which the Stormlands are, it might be good to at least have the rest of the royal family on our side.

Perhaps the Prince is also able to aid us, when it comes to positions within the Small Council. No offer of his grace reached me that there would be an interest in appointing a Stormlander for the Council.
    Yet the King should not think that I crouch for his attention, as he expected me presumably. Without his official apologize there is no reason why the Lordship of Storm's End should do the first step, unless it's necessary."

"So we'll just sit and wait? What is the purpose of this Council then? To sit and wait together, holding hands and talking about an united Stormlands?" Connington was quite annoyed "If the King doesn't want to give us the priviliges, we have to demand them. He is at his weakest right now, little to no support whatsoever."

"I'm trying to say that if we do not fight for the Stormlands, no one will. We can't just wait and hope that royal appointments and marriages will rain down upon us. Send an envoy to King's Landing, remind the King that he owes us."

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
    "So we'll just sit and wait? What is the purpose of this Council then? To sit and wait together, holding hands and talking about an united Stormlands?" Connington was quite annoyed "If the King doesn't want to give us the priviliges, we have to demand them. He is at his weakest right now, little to no support whatsoever."

"I'm trying to say that if we do not fight for the Stormlands, no one will. We can't just wait and hope that royal appointments and marriages will rain down upon us. Send an envoy to King's Landing, remind the King that he owes us."
    "Worry not, mylord Connington, as I don't wish to remain idle", Lord Ormund answered, "Princess Rhaelle is, as I stated, my guest at Storm's End and Targaryen will have to come by himself, if he wishes to break the betrothal. Any raven, demanding her return to his court, will have to be questioned by me, as I won't trust a King of broken promises.
    I won't risk the safety of the Stormlands for an agenda, where the rest of the kingdom will blame us to rise up in rebellion. My lord father knew that, when he threatened the Iron Throne and like my Lord father I will take up arms only, if the King forces us to do so.

I hoped for the King's brother to attend the meeting as well, yet I guess that I will have to contact him in personal.
    Jaeherys is my personal hope for a more stable rulership on the Iron Throne. If King Duncan will retire from his position as King eventually, I suggest that we support the line of the second brother.
    While though the marriage between him and his sister is neither seen keen by the majority of the High Lords, his blood line will remain pure and untainted from commoner blood.
    I called you along with the other lords to Storm's End, mylord Connington, if you can agree on this point.
    Should Duncan's reign grow more unstable than the young king can predict - and I assume that this will be the case - the Stormlands need to know their position."

"We will stand by House Baratheon, as we always have. As long as you defend the interests of the Stormlands as well as your own." Connington said.

"Then we are at the same side, Lord Connington, as I respect your critique as well", Lord Ormund responded with a nod,
    "It is men like you, whom the Stormlands will need, thus I wish to know if you share my opinion regarding the Crown. No use can be gained from a Lord Paramount, who thinks that he acts in the name of those, he has sworn to protect,
    but in the end does the opposite."

The last words were spoken out honest and friendly, as the Lord Paramount knew that the decision to support Jaeherys' claim on the Iron Throne might not be seen as the best option.

A raven arrives from the capital:

Lord Baratheon,

I regret that my duties in the Capital have left me unable to answer your invitation. However, I am briefly returning to the Stormlands in a few months to set my affairs in order. I would be honoured if your lordship would be my guest at Summerhall, along with whomever else you see fit to bring.

(Sealed with the emblem of the King's hand)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast