Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] RS II Enhanced Campaign Map v1.5

Default Re: [RS 2.1] RS II Campaign Map Tweaks v1.5

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    That would be a bit to much wouldnt it ? . BTW: Belage have a settelment on the Iland in the 1Turn Roman Campaign so most likely they will have britain conquered by the time the player gets there
    Actually I've never seen any major Belgae expansion in Britain and Hibernia. And yes, that would a bit too much that's why I did NOT feature it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallides View Post
    Great mod! Well done, the lack of passages used to bug me a lot. Fantastic idea and mod. Rep +
    Thanks dude!

So far I personally haven't seen the Belgae take over the island (playing with BI.exe) and after reading this thread I think I can make a general assumption that this hardly ever happens. I would vote in favor of making a land bridge there to make Britain more easily accessible for the AI to invade, you've already adjusted the terrain so take that last step of adding that bridge! For human players this bridge will not matter because we can can invade when and how we want to, but I think the AI should be guided to certain actions as much as possible. Currently one of the last issues in the campaign to me is that the Belgae are just to weak and once they are driven off the mainland they just sit around with passive stacks in britain.
    On the + side I hope it will encourage the AI to invade Britain and help the Belgae take over the island
    On the - side players might not like the estethics of a nonrealistic map. I don't mind it though and would like to hear what other people think about it.

Also, how long can a land bridge be? Can you extend it between multiple water 'tiles' or can you only create a land bridge with only 1 water tile between two tiles of land?

As other ways of trying to convince the Belgae I've tried forced diplomacy to attack the free people and consider to conquer the lands myself and then give those regions to them. Only this is pretty time and resource consuming when playing any Eastern faction.
    Last edited by I3enjaIvIin; December 20, 2010 at 08:05 AM.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    So far I personally haven't seen the Belgae take over the island (playing with BI.exe) and after reading this thread I think I can make a general assumption that this hardly ever happens. I would vote in favor of making a land bridge there to make Britain more easily accessible for the AI to invade, you've already adjusted the terrain so take that last step of adding that bridge! For human players this bridge will not matter because we can can invade when and how we want to, but I think the AI should be guided to certain actions as much as possible. Currently one of the last issues in the campaign to me is that the Belgae are just to weak and once they are driven off the mainland they just sit around with passive stacks in britain.
    On the + side I hope it will encourage the AI to invade Britain and help the Belgae take over the island
    On the - side players might not like the estethics of a nonrealistic map. I don't mind it though and would like to hear what other people think about it.

Also, how long can a land bridge be? Can you extend it between multiple water 'tiles' or can you only create a land bridge with only 1 water tile between two tiles of land?

As other ways of trying to convince the Belgae I've tried forced diplomacy to attack the free people and consider to conquer the lands myself and then give those regions to them. Only this is pretty time and resource consuming when playing any Eastern faction.

In the Roman Campaign the Belgae have a Settelment in Britain...at least in the ones I played ...
    On the other hand it can be very dangerous if the Belgae conquer britain as they would have a certain income and are nearly untouchable by averni,cimbri or boii as the AI will most likely not make a naval invasion against another AI faction.
    So Belgae can easily become a superfaction destroying all other AI factions close to them...and we would be back to one of vanillas biggest flaws..the superfactions

In the Roman Campaign the Belgae have a Settelment in Britain...at least in the ones I played ...
    Yeah and they just sit there and I haven't seen them take over the island so far in any campaign, as is also suggested in the link to the topic i placed

On the other hand it can be very dangerous if the Belgae conquer britain as they would have a certain income and are nearly untouchable by averni,cimbri or boii as the AI will most likely not make a naval invasion against another AI faction.
    So Belgae can easily become a superfaction destroying all other AI factions close to them...and we would be back to one of vanillas biggest flaws..the superfactions
    So that's why I think a land bridge would make sense to counter the superfaction problem - easier to invade, easier to conquer

..I don't really get your arguments, but np offcourse. I can see your a fan of the map the way it currently is and respect that in the end it's up for the modder to decide ~

I assume that this mod doesn't work for the patch, because nothing happens in mine rs

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal344 View Post
    I assume that this mod doesn't work for the patch, because nothing happens in mine rs

you have to delete.map and start a new campaign...

A land bridge can only be a "tile" long, unfortunately. In M2TW there is no limit. This forces to make the map, as you say, a bit unrealistic. That's why I always put land bridges on streets and not on wider sea passages. But this might be a good case to act differently.

As for realism of the map...well, personally I prefer much more a decent AI over an absolutely accurate map. The Red Sea channel I have featured is a good example.

Anyway, you have convinced me. I will make an optional map_ground_types.tga file for those who want a land bridge on the British channel. Check the attachment to this post.

Yes, Belgae have a settlement in Britain which is supposed to encourage their expansion into British Islands. Unfortunately, this never happens, at least in the campaigns I played so far. There is one more possible trouble, if they get kicked out of the continent they will almost surely start massing stack after stack and never use them. Might be a problem related to diplomacy attidudes towards rebels?

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal344 View Post
    I assume you haven't read the Readme...start a new campaign and delete all .rwm files.

EDIT: I have made an optional map_ground_types.tga file that adds a land bridge on the British Channel. If you want to use it, replace the existing file in the campaign folder you want to play with the attached one.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; December 22, 2010 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    1. Yes, Belgae have a settlement in Britain which is supposed to encourage their expansion into British Islands. Unfortunately, this never happens, at least in the campaigns I played so far. There is one more possible trouble, if they get kicked out of the continent they will almost surely start massing stack after stack and never use them. Might be a problem related to diplomacy attidudes towards rebels?

2. EDIT: I have made an optional map_ground_types.tga file that adds a land bridge on the British Channel. If you want to use it, replace the existing file in the campaign folder you want to play with the attached one.
    1. Would be a challenge to conquer britain then...dont know if that would be so bad .....

2....c mon....upload me a file with the sicily landbridge and sardinia-corsica landbrige disabled for

including it in my Rome1Turn Expansion........it takes you 5 minutes to do it...I would do it but it would take me 2 hours to go thru the tuts and Iam busy with coding all those extras .......

1. Would be a challenge to conquer britain then...dont know if that would be so bad .....

2....c mon....upload me a file with the sicily landbridge and sardinia-corsica landbrige disabled for

including it in my Rome1Turn Expansion........it takes you 5 minutes to do it...I would do it but it would take me 2 hours to go thru the tuts and Iam busy with coding all those extras .......
    Trust me, the AI massing stacks just for fun is one of the things I hate most of the RTW engine. I remember back in RS 1.6 the Seleucids didn't go further than Asia Minor and started recruiting stacks...I turned FoW off and saw they had something like 50 full stacks of good units. At that point I finished my campaign and dumped it in the recycle bin.

I turned FoW off and saw they had something like 50 full stacks of good units.
    mostly a problem affecting 0Turn games isnt it ? In 1Turn economy would not allow this...if Belgae are eliminitaed from the continent they could mass as much stacks as their economy allows in britain and end of story .
    The script gives + 40000 when AI treasury at start turn is <=0 but this is not not enogh to pay 20 or more stacks maintenance or recruit more units...so at the end it would limit itself to maybe 6-10 stacks max. depending on the units and their maintenance cost.
    Obviously, assuming that the AI has to pay for its units

No, that was a 1-turn campaign. They had everything east of the Aegean sea. But RS 1.6 was quite unbalanced, now RS 2 won't (hopefully!) allow anything like that, not in 1 turn nor in 0 turn.

Hello guys, hi Spartan: I would want to install your Mods:
    1) RS II Four Turns per Year v1.1 -UPDATED WITH BATTLE FIX

2) [RS 2.1] RS II Campaign Map Tweaks v1.5

But, I was wondering if he were preferibile, to install one before or the other, in order to avoid conflicts and harmful overlaps

I have already installed some mods:
    - Ancillares
    - Roman V

and I will install "New roman legion id cards for unit slots (rome 0turn and 1turn)"

since I don't know well, both the game and the mods, hope to make all this in the just order. Always that,there are one...

EDIT: I have made an optional map_ground_types.tga file that adds a land bridge on the British Channel. If you want to use it, replace the existing file in the campaign folder you want to play with the attached one.
    Great to hear and thanks again for your efforts in making the mod that much better! Giving players the option to implement different map settings is great, so we can all decide on what type of map we want to play.

Because I'm currently still busy with my Seleucids and any map changes are non save game compatible I will use the map for my next campaign with either Rome or Macedon and see if my presumptions are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by srdn View Post
    Hello guys, hi Spartan: I would want to install your Mods:
    1) RS II Four Turns per Year v1.1 -UPDATED WITH BATTLE FIX

2) [RS 2.1] RS II Campaign Map Tweaks v1.5

But, I was wondering if he were preferibile, to install one before or the other, in order to avoid conflicts and harmful overlaps

I have already installed some mods:
    - Ancillares
    - Roman V

and I will install "New roman legion id cards for unit slots (rome 0turn and 1turn)"

since I don't know well, both the game and the mods, hope to make all this in the just order. Always that,there are one...
    Hi dude! Thanks for considering to use my mods!

Now, you shouldn't have any troubles with my two mods nor with "New roman legion id cards for unit slots (rome 0turn and 1turn)". That means you can install them in any order you like.

That "Roman V" you mentioned is this? If that's the one, it should be fine, no matter the order of installation.

As for "Ancilliaries", I'm afraid it is incompatible with the Four Turns per Year; unless you don't adjust it manually for 4tpy.

Great to hear and thanks again for your efforts in making the mod that much better! Giving players the option to implement different map settings is great, so we can all decide on what type of map we want to play.

Because I'm currently still busy with my Seleucids and any map changes are non save game compatible I will use the map for my next campaign with either Rome or Macedon and see if my presumptions are correct.
    Thanks mate! Hope you will enjoy it!
    Last edited by Spartan 666; December 23, 2010 at 05:37 AM.

That "Roman V" you mentioned is this? If that's the one, it should be fine, no matter the order of installation.
    New Roman Portraits and Eventpictures 5.0 of Barbarossa

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=392747

As for "Ancilliaries", I'm afraid it is incompatible with the Four Turns per Year; unless you don't adjust it manually for 4tpy.
    Hell's bells!

you could say me like making it?

since I have already installed Ancillares, I would have to renounce to 4tpy........

Barbarossa's mod should be fully compatible with both this map mod and with my 4tpy mod.

For 4tpy mod support, please use its appropriate thread, let's not create confusion...

ok!

hey mate...happy christmas...
    and they DO conquer britain........
    maybe they only not doin it earlier (while having settlements on the mainland)...

Last edited by chris10; December 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

Touchè.

Well, I never saw that kind of Belgian expansion in Britain. Maybe because they were kicked out of the continent and found another expansion route.

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] RS II Campaign Map Tweaks v1.5

I have a question: is there only 1 map for all campaigns or is there a separate map for each campaign? I would like to install your latest map tweaks (including the famous channelbridge^^) without being afraid I'd loose my current campaigns because of non-compatibility issues. I am leaning towards the latter, but not really sure. Thnx in advance anyways

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast