Citizen

Default Steam Tool

Big thanks to SteamKnight for this tool

How to run the steam tool

Quote Originally Posted by SteamKnight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteamKnight View Post

Readme:

Download:
    Medieval2ModInstaller v0.4 (Dec. 31, 2010)
    Medieval2ModInstaller v0.3.1
    Medieval2ModInstaller v0.3

Required:
    .NET 4.0 Client Profile Download Please include a screenshot of the error message when posting.

IF YOU WANT A SPECIFIC MOD ADDED:
    Please provide the following-

-Name of mod
    -TWCenter.net link
    -name of the .conf file
    -if it needs kingdoms or not
    -mod folder name

Failure to provide those means the mod WON'T be added! I don't have the time or abililty to keep downloading 1gb+ files everyday. It is very easy to provide this information, and you should already have it from when you installed the mod. If you ask for a mod to be added but do NOT give me this info it will NOT be added.

I am looking to see if anyone wants to take over this project. I no longer have enough free time to provide constant updates for it and fix any issues that may be present.

Credits also go to Sharpe235 for tell me how to add the game to your registry

How to get CoW 1.4 to work with steam

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe235 View Post
    Yeah of course, i'll try and keep it as simple as possible.

You can add the stuff to the registry pretty easy by making an empty text file, copying one of the following in, saving, and renaming the extension ".reg". After that you just double click on the file (it'll ask if you're sure you want to edit the registry) and that is that.

I have 64-bit Windows so the contents of the file are:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Mods\Official\0004Call of Warhammer]
    "DisplayName"="Call of Warhammer"
    "GameExe"="kingdoms.exe"
    "Path"="mods/Call_of_Warhammer"
    "language"="english"
    "version"="1.05.000"
    "FullName"="Call of Warhammer"

I haven't tested 32-bit myself, but it should be:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Mods\Official\0004Call of Warhammer]
    "DisplayName"="Call of Warhammer"
    "GameExe"="kingdoms.exe"
    "Path"="mods/Call_of_Warhammer"
    "language"="english"
    "version"="1.05.000"
    "FullName"="Call of Warhammer"

As i said, I havn't presonally tested the 32-bit but I would be very suprised if that entry is incorrect.

Also this is assuming that the name of your CoW folder is "/mods/Call_of_Warhammer". If it is different then simply edit the "Path" section of what I have posted.

If there are any problems I will do my best to help.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; January 02, 2011 at 06:22 PM.

Default Re: Steam Tool

Here is a link to the full post since the readme is missing from this one. I will be checking only the thread in the TATW section for support issues, so if you have any please report them there. The thread int hat section is not only for that mod.

Hey, I've got a problem. I cannot get steam tool to work, I've posted on steamknight's thread. However as a temporary fix I tried to replace the teutonic folder with 1.4. When I tried to open the warhammer.bat file it opened in the same way as if I had tried to open the normal kingdoms file. So I copy and pasted the old 1.3 warhammer.bat file into 1.4 and this lets me get into the menu fine but when I try to start any battle or campaign it always CTDs. I also have Holy's menu fix installed.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

New installation method by Sharpe235

Please be sure to rep him

THE NEW FIX WORKS. HUZAAAAH. At first it DID NOT work. I had to delete the extensions made by the steam tool. After removing the links from the steam tool did the reg edit work. THANK GOD.
    Last edited by hotmando; January 03, 2011 at 05:19 PM.

Citizen

Did you make sure you did it right?

Try looking here. It's an alternative.

64bit-windows and I made an empty text file called "cw", copied the data above over and changed the extension to ".reg". But when I double click it I get an error that looks like this

Cannot import ... The Specified file is not a registry script
    You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

--------------------------------------------

I also tried using the steam tool. It created the Call of Warhammer in the launcher, but when I try to run the game it instantly crashes at the loading screen.

Also of note, I can successfully run third age mod through steam and everything so it really just seems like this call of warhammer is very unprofessionally put together.
    Last edited by Dagda; January 04, 2011 at 12:36 AM.

Illuminato's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by hotmando View Post
    THE NEW FIX WORKS. HUZAAAAH. At first it DID NOT work. I had to delete the extensions made by the steam tool. After removing the links from the steam tool did the reg edit work. THANK GOD.
    hOW did you delete the links?

Illuminato's Avatar Civis

So i have a problem i used the .reg trick and while it helped once its at the first screen it just closes without showing any error msg, I have vista 64 bit and i installed the mod like this : 1 Run setup , 2 run sound pacht ,3 copied the english translation doc, 4 did the .reg thing.

I have the same problem
    Last edited by Hephaestus_; January 08, 2011 at 02:37 AM.

Citizen

look here.

This file should do it for steam users on 32bit Vista (As the Syntax in sharpes 32bit was a bit messed up, so I've fixed it ).

To add it to registry:

1) Change it to a registry file
    1.1) (if un-sure how to do that, go to 'Control Panel', 'Folder Options' and un-tick 'Hide File extensions', then click 're-name' on the file and change the .txt ending to .reg)
    2) Open 'Command Prompt', type 'regedt32' (minus the apostrophes) and go to SEGA -> Medieval 2 Total War -> Mods -> Official (Note* Done't click on any of the folders there, just make sure the 'Official' folder is the one you are selected on, and not any of the mod folders)
    3) Click on 'File' and them 'Import', go to where-ever you downloaded the file, click on it and open.
    4) Congrats, successfully added to your registry.
    5) Run from the Med2 launcher, not the batch file.
    Last edited by Bpryan; January 13, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

There is a new version of my program in the Third Age section (link above). I fixed the data file for Call of Warhammer as there was an error in the path. new version works fine as far as I am aware. If you have issues with my tool please post it in the thread that can be found in the Third Age section so I can keep track of issues. If the mods remove your posts let me know and I can address that.

All support is to be in the other thread of via PM. It is to simplify the amount of things I need to look at to address all the issues, thank you for understanding.

Also, a new verion will be posted by Wednesday of next week so keep an eye out for it.

I got as a registry file but where do I save it?