3 3.53%
  • Bactria

3 3.53%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Release Playable Factions

Alex(España)'s Avatar Civis

Default Re: First Release Playable Factions

Macedonia, Suebi and Lusitania
    Si en el frente veis a unos soldados sucios, mal afeitados, con el uniforme desabrochado y las botas rotas, cuadraos ante el, es un héroe, es un español.

Sobre los muchachos de la División Azul.

I can see they cant make it but anyway +1 Lusitani

Joysong's Avatar Miles

@UMCenturion and team. very cool to see that this is going to be released afterall. i followed this thread for the start and to be honest a few months ago i thought that it wouldn't be released because of the amount of work that it takes. but this proves me wrong and im very happy about it!. i reinstalled Attila and my mouse and keyboard are ready

question:
    i really like to make submods for DEI for example Cultural Tensio and De AI Arbitriis. Will there be an submod thread like on the DEI forum?

cheers.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    We changed all the cities in the game to Hellenic, Roman or barbarian like in Rome 2.
    +rep. You managed to do that, eh? Now that's something! Well, I officially look forward to this mod. I was under the impression that only units could be changed, but if you changed the buildings too... We may be talking of a whole new experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    @UMCenturion and team. very cool to see that this is going to be released afterall. i followed this thread for the start and to be honest a few months ago i thought that it wouldn't be released because of the amount of work that it takes. but this proves me wrong and im very happy about it!. i reinstalled Attila and my mouse and keyboard are ready

question:
    i really like to make submods for DEI for example Cultural Tensio and De AI Arbitriis. Will there be an submod thread like on the DEI forum?

cheers.
    Of course!
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    +rep. You managed to do that, eh? Now that's something! Well, I officially look forward to this mod. I was under the impression that only units could be changed, but if you changed the buildings too... We may be talking of a whole new experience.
    That's the idea

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    That's the idea
    Bold words... - my faith is only lost to CA, not the modders!

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Bold words... - my faith is only lost to CA, not the modders!
    Check out our custom battlemaps thread - there you can see all the cities we are going to implement. All still a work in progress, but once this mod is out, and submods and the community can keep it going, I am going back to make even more custom cities for gameplay experience.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Looks like it is set everyone - the five factions that will be playable for the first release are Roman Republic, Republic of Carthage, Seleucid Kingdom, Macedonia, and the Ptolemaic Kingdom. For those disappointed, this actually is good news. Means the target release date can be done, due to easier finishing components of the last three (all Hellenistic factions, so lots of things are copy, paste). Also the sooner this releases, the sooner the submodders can jump on this and help iron things out.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Looks like it is set everyone - the five factions that will be playable for the first release are Roman Republic, Republic of Carthage, Seleucid Kingdom, Macedonia, and the Ptolemaic Kingdom. For those disappointed, this actually is good news. Means the target release date can be done, due to easier finishing components of the last three (all Hellenistic factions, so lots of things are copy, paste). Also the sooner this releases, the sooner the submodders can jump on this and help iron things out.
    Great to hear! Been waiting for so long.

Please just make sure they got awesome units and we can build awesome buildings unique to their history if there is one

Great to hear! Been waiting for so long.
    ...and you can wait so long more - they dont bring this mod to live.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Means the target release date can be done
    oh those words are like soft harp music 2 the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Please just make sure they got awesome units and we can build awesome buildings unique to their history if there is one
    The units are already in and you can see their unit rosters in the already released battle mod on the steam workshop, as for buildings I am very excited to get stuck into the Ptolemaic economy and trade (I did about 4 essays into the subject while at uni, Egypt was a wonderfully complex place, and very fun trade wise).

Thanx devs for adding Macedon. These 5 nations seem like a good selection. With Rome, Carthage and Macadon alone this should keep me occupied for 200-300 hours if the game is at a good enough state at launch.

What is the target release at currently Joysong? around 15 februari?

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by rohirrimelf View Post
    What is the target release at currently Joysong? around 15 februari?
    i'm not part of the AE team atm so i can't answer your question. But maybe i can help the team with some DB editing

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

I am almost as hyped now as I have been two and a half years ago, when I first heard of this mod.
    Still, take your time to fully flesh out the factions and once you finally released with those being playable, you will hopefully work on the Achean League and Suebi next - according to the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tyr_ View Post
    I am almost as hyped now as I have been two and a half years ago, when I first heard of this mod.
    Still, take your time to fully flesh out the factions and once you finally released with those being playable, you will hopefully work on the Achean League and Suebi next - according to the poll.
    Well - to be fair we have taken our time. And since the team is so small now, we want to release and count on the submod community to assist in sprucing the mod up at bit. Thanks for the patience, we will get there soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    i'm not part of the AE team atm so i can't answer your question. But maybe i can help the team with some DB editing
    When we starting a closed testing phase, those who are able to mod will be criteria in order to be selected as a tester. Will release more details behind that soon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast