Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Sorry for the double post, but I encountered an issue downloading the mod. When I went to download it from megaupload, I got a very sketchy redirecting message when I clicked "download" (the button right beneath the 'premium download' button. I've used megaupload before so I know I clicked the right button). Not wishing to accidentaly download something from a very sketchy website, I exited out of megaupload and went to try again. This time I didn't get a sketchy redirect, but megaupload said that I already have a download pending and that if I want to download something else, I have to fiddle around with my IP ports. So, two questions:
    1. How long do I have to wait for my current 'download' to be over?
    2. Are there any other websites you can upload this mod to that isn't a torrent? Perhaps you could try ModDB, the same place that TATW is uploaded to.
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Hi. I just downloaded your mod and saw a post where you add @mods\broken_crescent_kingdoms\bc_kingdoms.cfg to the set launch options menu in steam as I have this version of M2TW Kingdoms but I still can't launch the mod. It only goes to the sub menu where you chose to play the original M2TW or the three kingdom campaigns?

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

a question: The 2.3 EDU is the same as the 2.02 or the one destined for 3.0?

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

What is the song that is played during the intro to Oman and a few other factions?

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Please bump up all missile units. I realize that missiles have a limited effect upon heavy armor, however, BC missile units are truely useless.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Why are all of my governors getting bad money traits, like corrupt, total cheapskate, hoarder of wealth, etc.?

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Imperiumiv View Post
    Please bump up all missile units. I realize that missiles have a limited effect upon heavy armor, however, BC missile units are truely useless.
    what he said

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

Yes, missile units definately need a huge buff, maybe to the level of the ones in Third Age.

Default Re: y-art

Hello it is my first reply on this website and firstly I would like to thank for the great quality information, which I found in this and all previous topics , it really helped me very much. I will definitely put this website on my rss reader Also, I would like to ask - don't you mind if I will quite some information from your website since I am writing articles for the Bukisa, Ezine and other articles directories (this is my part time job)? It would really help me with some of mine articles. Of course, I will mention your website title or URL (not all articles directories allow URL’s, so I can't 100% promises that you will get a direct back link to your website).
    Thanks for searing this post and thanks again to write this post.......I really like it...
    Ok and good luck and good job.....
    See you next time............Bye

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: y-art

Quote Originally Posted by ok2fly View Post
    Hello it is my first reply on this website and firstly I would like to thank for the great quality information, which I found in this and all previous topics , it really helped me very much. I will definitely put this website on my rss reader Also, I would like to ask - don't you mind if I will quite some information from your website since I am writing articles for the Bukisa, Ezine and other articles directories (this is my part time job)? It would really help me with some of mine articles. Of course, I will mention your website title or URL (not all articles directories allow URL’s, so I can't 100% promises that you will get a direct back link to your website).
    Thanks for searing this post and thanks again to write this post.......I really like it...
    Ok and good luck and good job.....
    See you next time............Bye
    Hello and welcome.

I think it is better to ask authors of particular posts about a permission, as anyone of us can give you a general permission for everything that was, is and will be written here, but I also think that as long as you provide a source of your citation, there's nothing wrong with that, and you don't need any permission.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Tekanako's Avatar Laetus
    Current Residence: Australia, still in green Victoria

Hey guys, nice new music you've picked, but how do I unpack it so I can listen to it on Windows Media Player?

So anybody find the solving problems with the age limit of characters? also i am interesting does 2.02 EDU works with 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by metsikhovne View Post
    So anybody find the solving problems with the age limit of characters?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsikhovne View Post
    also i am interesting does 2.02 EDU works with 2.3?
    Yes, EDU in 2.3 is almost the same (there are insignificant changes) as in 2.02.

thanks + rep

Where is the broken crest download?
    I can't find any up-to-date downloads or any downloads and I looked up and down and can't find any, where's the download? =[

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

That would be in the sticky with the giant all caps reading BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3 RELEASE where it says DOWNLOAD

Laetus

I don't know if anyone else has seen this in their game, but the Seljuks of Iran have done nothing for over 33 turns in my game as the Imamate of Oman. I saw that they started out with a great reduction in the amount of land they own. I like that because it give other factions a chance to grab some land. However, they haven't moved from their starting position, and their kingdom is going bankrupt. Their armies are in the exact same spot all the time. They don't even move to counter the rebels just over the border. I'm used to them taking at least a quarter of the map, but now they seem quite content to keep one province. Has anyone else witnessed this?

Yes, I have witnessed it, but I have also witnessed in a dozen of tests that they do expand, though very slowly. It's random.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I am also in a campaign as Oman, and the Seljuks behaved similarly for at least 33 turns -- but that's only 16 years. Now, in mid game, they are eradicating the Abbasid Caliphate with the Turks of Rum and have some holdings north and west bordering Georgia. Very different faction from before, slow and not a world power by 1200, but their armies are filled with Azeri's and professional/elites from what I've seen they wouldn't be pushovers to meet on the battlefield.

ehhh.... is everyone here talking about BC 2.3... cuz i still play the 2.2 version. is 2.3 really different or better?