View Poll Results: Do you like archery the way it is now?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's fine.

55 23.11%
  • No, archers should have a range bonus when elevated.

183 76.89%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Archery in Shogun 2 - do you like it?

Gralachthule's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Archery in Shogun 2 - do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordbaal19 View Post
    I could say something but the a fairy would get eaten by a zombie.

I will only say, that if you are too impatient or lazy to figure out how to take some guy over the hill then go and play some of those MMO RPG where the weapon with more range is a magic spell of 10 ft and the only strategy required is to click your mouse near some other guy as fast as you can.
    You must be very high in the Ladder then . Why not just tell us what magical stick you use to defeat hill camping people?

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    It wouldn't be too hard too add in a range limiter for MP(based on my own experience at programming). It wouldn't require changing how archers work, just making the detection range fixed. So a little more work than false to true, but probably not too much more. Actually it's probably the removal of the range limiter in SP seeing as the engine more than likely has it built in.
    Thanks for that - there's no excuse why it shouldn't be done then. Everyone's happy!

Quote Originally Posted by painter View Post
    Yes. That is what I meant. Also in siege battles, I have sometimes noticed my defending archers on the walls shooting at one corner of an enemy unit rushing to the walls, instead of aiming for the entire unit. It is rather frustrating.
    Yes, that is an annoyance - I'm sure I've noticed that sometimes in Empire/Nappy as well.

I could say something but the a fairy would get eaten by a zombie.

I will only say, that if you are too impatient or lazy to figure out how to take some guy over the hill then go and play some of those MMO RPG where the weapon with more range is a magic spell of 10 ft and the only strategy required is to click your mouse near some other guy as fast as you can.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Gralachthule View Post
    You must be very high in the Ladder then . Why not just tell us what magical stick you use to defeat hill camping people?
    That would be my brain???

Hehehe but seriously, for start I only play with people I know, occasionally and avoid MP as much as I can except for some rare exceptions since I feel this is a SP game with a MP stuff stickied to it only to increase sales. Granted todays world has internet all over da place, yadayada, connection, yadayada da future, yadayada sales.... I get it, still I don't quite like it.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; June 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

That would be my brain???
    Quoted for truth! How did a real commander deal with an enemy camped on a hill?

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Gralachthule's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Quoted for truth! How did a real commander deal with an enemy camped on a hill?
    Wait till they moved back or use another mechanic not currently available in Shogun 2? Yeah, that's about right.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

So how is the real life test going on?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

So how is the real life test going on?
    Live test? I can just see Humble Warrior on the bottom of the hill, taking the arrow (from a CA representative) saying, "See, I told yo...."

And he was a man dedicated to the glory of realistic PC gaming everywhere.

"Hey, wait, guys I'm OK - wait - no seriously guys don't shoot another arr...."

Ode to the Humble Warrior, the lion of the forums!

Last edited by alexjs; June 21, 2011 at 04:08 PM.
    What do we say to the God of Death? Not today.

Not sure if already mentioned, but the arrows in Shogun II are a bit huge - shrink 'em a little for the next game. And while we're on that topic, don't have them go all the way through the target - it looks a lot better to just see the shaft sticking out, rather than the shaft in one side and the point out of the other.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Not sure if already mentioned, but the arrows in Shogun II are a bit huge - shrink 'em a little for the next game. And while we're on that topic, don't have them go all the way through the target - it looks a lot better to just see the shaft sticking out, rather than the shaft in one side and the point out of the other.
    I don't think you are correct on this one. I have an archery set, and my arrows are nearly a metre long (it's to do with the draw length, measure the distance between your outstretched hand and your chin and add 5cm(2inches)). that will give you an idea how long an arrow actually is)so if anything they are slightly to short
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112