Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Amon Amarth's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

Hi jman 47, good job your did here, rigth now am playing your mini mod and something come to my attention: am at 1102 year and already recive the message about the Templars/Crusades states apperence, so i decide to use toggle_fow to see them but... nothing i take a look to the holy lands and no Crusades armies thereit was supose to spam there rigth? also this is my 10campaing in RR/RC SS 6.2 compilation and for the first time am having armies stuck in the campaing map, 2 of them! one from HRE and Poland are stuck betewen Nicaia and Cannakkale, they ware in crusade against Cairo, but soon as Cairo fall their generals have leave the armies in my lands and gone to somehere else, ist kind of annoinying not because that they could attack, the problem is that they block the passage to my armies and am right now in war against the Turcks and i need to move my armies to Anatolia, i could use boats but ill need my navie in the other side because am planing to assault south Italy
    Some help will be apreciate, one more time thanks for the mini mod this was someting that i was loocking for
    Last edited by Amon Amarth; February 24, 2010 at 01:50 PM.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

Garrison Script seems to be doing what it's supposed to do even when installed on top of this mod. The extra units have been triggered on several sieges and I haven't seen any glitches. Haven't had much time to play games in the last few weeks, though, so we'll see where this goes.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update this mod for the new patch PB released! Wanna play as soon as possible!

I'm working on a proper era-based garrison script but its a huge job...

Good work on this mod too

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I'm working on a proper era-based garrison script but its a huge job...

Good work on this mod too
    You mean you're working on a garrsion script like Burebista's, only more upgraded? When is it coming out?

I better take a look at his, might make doing mine unnecessary!

OK having looked at it, its interesting but does spawn some era-inappropriate units. I'll continue work on mine for the moment.

Hmmm little help here please. Tried re-installing twice becuase the campaign map is cutting off ireland and portugal. Any suggestions? disregard this post.
    Last edited by soulson; February 27, 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Do you plan on working on this soon jman? I really like your 2 turn per a year mod because it elongates the campaign and makes unit sizes larger, giving everything overall a more epic feeling. It doesn't go too far like roz's 2 turn per a year mod either and remove castles entirely, which I find a major deal breaker. Now that the Mongol siege bug is fixed and the Teutonic Order one is going to be fixed soon, I can play a super epic early era campaign, but I'd really like to do this with your mod if it gets updated soon. Thanks for your work on this sub mod

Quote Originally Posted by TigerVX View Post
    Do you plan on working on this soon jman? I really like your 2 turn per a year mod because it elongates the campaign and makes unit sizes larger, giving everything overall a more epic feeling. It doesn't go too far like roz's 2 turn per a year mod either and remove castles entirely, which I find a major deal breaker. Now that the Mongol siege bug is fixed and the Teutonic Order one is going to be fixed soon, I can play a super epic early era campaign, but I'd really like to do this with your mod if it gets updated soon. Thanks for your work on this sub mod
    Don't worry, he's updating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Roman View Post
    Don't worry, he's updating it.
    That's good, because I have chosen this particular flavor of Stainless Steel to be the base for my Holy Roman Empire Saga - basically, a very hard / very hard Holy Roman Empire campaign thoroughly tracked and dragged out for the enjoyment of all.

I've been running several test campaigns, notably a Kingdom of Aragon campaign via livestream, and there are a few issues that stand out to me -

*The AI still has a very hard time reacting well under sally forth scenarios

I can still get away with using one, two, or three cavalry units maneuvering behind and charging a superior-in-all-ways army - as the force continues to face and stare down an empty castle and absolutely refuse to break their formation until I get right next to them. It feels like I'm abusing the game doing this - as I'm able to kill Generals easily with enough care.

*The Campaign map AI seems to stretch itself too thin

At times rebels will empty their cities and put two - four cards on a choke point - when superior, larger armies are maneuvering around them and it seems they would be better served defending. Though at times, when they have a general, this can be a very effective tactic on their part. This seems like it's a delicate balancing issue.

*Occasionally settlements will stagnate - even level 1 castles

Am I correct in guessing that current, posted install does NOT include the extra fixes posted at the bottom of the first post? It would be nice to have clarification and a condensing of installers.

*Units move strangely on castle walls

If I give an attack order while a unit is in the processing of climbing ladders, they will stop, stand there, and do nothing. Some units refuse to walk onto the section of wall over the gate, I have to give a number of strange orders to get them to walk through it. I also can't order an early run once the first few guys are on the wall, they won't listen most of the time. Also, had a few instances where archers standing on the wall refused to fire down on units in the square of a castle - I was forced to move them off the wall, even though they seemed to have a very clear line of fire.

*Very strange AI behavior under certain siege conditions

My apartment mate, playing as the egyptians, was defending a fort from the Kingdom of Jerusalem. The entire army froze mid-charging the wall, and the enemy officers appeared to be giving 1,000,000 orders a second as they stood in place and endlessly swung their swords. As they did this, the individual officers began to drift backwards, pixel by pixel, with each swing of their sword. One guy nearly made it to the edge of the map. It took careful prodding of the attackers with a militia unit to 'unfreeze' the AI, and they continued their siege in earnest - after the fort towers killed several dozens of enemy troops with arrows. at least 10-15 cards of battered enemy troops were inside one siege tower - this may have caused this rather silly error.

Overall, beautiful mod, and I understand some things are just unfixable. The combat AI is far superior to the vanilla AI, and has given me a real run for my money many times - though at other times I've been able to goad it into foolish behavior -especially- while sallying forth. Ah, to have a multiplayer campaign mod released some long distant day in the future..

-TheDougem
    Last edited by TheDougem; March 14, 2010 at 06:05 AM.
    "If you pick the lesser of two evils, there's still evil"
    -Michael Savage

Producer of Total War Tracker

The Al's just plain stupid. LOL

So any news on the update? I know PB is revising the TO emergence, but is jman working on the other files beyond the campaign script?

Я думаю, что он спит
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

mevermind, i´ll check it out sometime
    Last edited by algorath; March 15, 2010 at 05:48 AM.

So, with the fix for the Teutonic Order Emergence released in the March 21st release, is jman around at all updating this? I really want this to be updated since I do think it is the best Stainless Steel experience with a Stone Forts mod placed over it. Any news or is this dead?

I do not think it is "dead" ... more like in a coma. Till the vacationing Jman comes again and slaps it awake.
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Last time I talked to jman was like a month ago, and he seemed eager to update it. Hope he's still alive LOL.

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

spring breaks abrewen

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrychris View Post
    spring breaks abrewen
    Yep. I get of on Thursday. Was kind of hoping this mod would be done by Easter... oh well.