Thread: Cant find direct X 9 on W8

Default Cant find direct X 9 on W8

hey

im having trouble with my Rome total war ,because it cant find direct x 9 after about 2 days of playing, but i can run BI and Alex with no problems,

any help would be nice because its annoying me, how i cant play it

thanks

disco

Default Re: Cant find direct X 9 on W8

Quote Originally Posted by Discoduck View Post
    hey

im having trouble with my Rome total war ,because it cant find direct x 9 after about 2 days of playing, but i can run BI and Alex with no problems,

any help would be nice because its annoying me, how i cant play it

thanks

disco
    So you can't play Rome: Total War but you can play the expansion packs without problems? That is odd. What version of the game did you buy and from where? Is it a Steam download or on discs?

First try downloading the DirectX 9.0c package from Microsoft. Install it and let us know if it works.

If that doesn't work then we may need to look for either the 9.0a or 9.0b package for R:TW to work. Keep us informed. Good luck!
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

i own both steam version and CD version and neither of the rome works, but the add ons for both of them do work,

ive also downloade the direct x 9.0 package, and that did nothing,
    ive also uninstalle and reinstalled it, but still nothing

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

What antivirus are you sing?
    Have you tried it with your antivirus disabled?

im using avast internet security ,but ive never had any problem with avast and running rome , when running on windows 7 but its only happening on windows 8

and not sure how to disable it

Quote Originally Posted by Discoduck View Post
    im using avast internet security ,but ive never had any problem with avast and running rome , when running on windows 7 but its only happening on windows 8

and not sure how to disable it
    It's been too long since I've used Avast to tell you if there is an option to disable it in their preferences. The easiest way is to temporarily uninstall it and go from there. Good luck!
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort