Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Release and time zones

Icon6 Rome 2 Release and time zones

Rome 2 is releasing midnight on Sept 3rd gmt time, but what about everyone else, I like in gmt+6, so does that mean I will get the game at 6pm on the 2nd or will i have to wait until midnight?

Default Re: Rome 2 Release and time zones

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    Rome 2 is releasing midnight on Sept 3rd gmt time
    Source ? Its 4am in Sweden and we are GMT+2. Steam tells me the game is released in 2 weeks 3 days and 15 hours. Which would be the 3rd of September at 7pm, that is 5pm GMT. So unless you got a better source then steam...
    Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals.
    ~Colman McCarthy, american peace activist

Quote Originally Posted by killua View Post
    Source ? Its 4am in Sweden and we are GMT+2. Steam tells me the game is released in 2 weeks 3 days and 15 hours. Which would be the 3rd of September at 7pm, that is 5pm GMT. So unless you got a better source then steam...
    I figured it was midnight as i thought thats when all things like this where released.

Says exactly the same for me, 2 weeks 3 days and 15 hours.

It doesn't seems so as it's released at 5pm GMT. I think it's more based on Steam, that are based in Bellevue (just looked it up) which is in the GMT-7 time zone. Which means the guys in the Steam headquarters will unlock Rome 2 on the 3rd of September at 10am. From there you can calculate your release time. As you live in Timbuktu in the Mali (IIRC) which is GMT the game should unlock at 10am+7= 5pm. For someone living in in Jakarta, Indonesia for example which is GMT+7 the game would release on midnight between the 3rd and the fourth. Which doesn't mean they get the game any sooner or later than the guys in Bellevue or in Stockholm.

As you said we all have the exact same amount of waiting till Rome 2 wherever we live on the globe, it's only the time of the day that changes.
    Last edited by killua; August 16, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

It is not a midnight release. This has not been confirmed. The only time we have to go on right now is the countdown on Steam which says Sep 3rd 18:00 (6pm) GMT. Which is the time they update the Store Page every single day and they have been for years. The reason for this is that they are in California and when they release a a game, they do it in the morning, when the stores open. Every single game in the Steam shop is released at 18:00 GMT unless they make and exception for it. Which they did for Shogun 2 and some other AAA Titles. We do not know if they will do this for Rome II. If they did it would be available at 0:01 sep 3rd in your respective timezone, which would be great. But I can't stress this enough: We do not know if they might do this and if they do, the Steam countdown will be updated. So people check it daily and when it happens we will sure to see a post about it on here. But I guess it will happen closer to release, if at all.
    My signature is running from the battlefield. A SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

Sadly for me being on the west side of the states its always about 10 AM to 10:30 AM on the day of release. I think I couldnt get shogun 2 till about 14:00 on release day for some reason.

Steam has never been kind when it comes to release dates for me and I live in their home city.

Quote Originally Posted by Ushoron View Post
    Sadly for me being on the west side of the states its always about 10 AM to 10:30 AM on the day of release. I think I couldnt get shogun 2 till about 14:00 on release day for some reason.

Steam has never been kind when it comes to release dates for me and I live in their home city.
    The whole concept is weird to me. It becomes legal at 0:01 to have it available if the specified release contract says Sep 3rd. But who know what those contracts really say in detail. Maybe they have to release it this way for intransparent reasons. Otherwise they just wouldn't use their competitive advantage of being an online retailer.
    My signature is running from the battlefield. A SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

Either way I'm buying a physical copy so I'll be getting it from Walmart as they go on sale right at 12:01am on Sep 3rd so I'll be preloading all night. aww yeaah !!!
    [CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

davieholgate's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou View Post
    Either way I'm buying a physical copy so I'll be getting it from Walmart as they go on sale right at 12:01am on Sep 3rd so I'll be preloading all night. aww yeaah !!!
    haha, if the 'physical copy' can pre load :p

Quote Originally Posted by davieholgate View Post
    haha, if the 'physical copy' can pre load :p
    Pretty sure you can as someone stated in another thread it goes through the same process as a digital copy only I think you'll have to download it just like you would a digital copy which I'm totally fine with if that's the case
    [CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

baldrick13's Avatar Semisalis

i live in Britain and pre ordered a physical copy so I might get it on September 2nd.
    Last edited by baldrick13; August 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: misspelling
    Been a long time hasn't it?

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    Rome 2 is releasing midnight on Sept 3rd gmt time, but what about everyone else, I like in gmt+6, so does that mean I will get the game at 6pm on the 2nd or will i have to wait until midnight?
    Unfortunately it'll be released 18 hour later (around 6 p.m. GMT). See Steam countdown.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

I live in the South Pole that is in Antarctica and I pre ordered a physical copy, I wonder when it will arrive, Santa never comes here on time

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

Could the countdown on steam point to the time until we are able to start pre-loading the game?

Italy maybe september 3

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio (Latin) View Post
    Could the countdown on steam point to the time until we are able to start pre-loading the game?
    No. Pre-loading means downloading before the game is released. The Steam countdown is pointing at some time during the 3rd of September, the games release date so no doubt about that.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

As of now/today 1300hrs, Monday 19th August 2013 (+8 GMT) Steam says :

Available: 4 September 2013

This game will unlock in approximately 2 weeks, 1 day and 13 hours
    Since I suck at mathematics, can someone tell me what time the game will be unlock for me ? I may need to re-arrange my leave.

Thanks.

Does it means the game will unlock for me at 1 pm on 4th September ?
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    As of now/today 1300hrs, Monday 19th August 2013 (+8 GMT) Steam says :

Since I suck at mathematics, can someone tell me what time the game will be unlock for me ? I may need to re-arrange my leave.

Thanks.

Does it means the game will unlock for me at 1 pm on 4th September ?
    If I've done the math correctly, it should be 2am on the 4th of September for you. Which seems incredibly unlikely, I can almost guarantee the current Steam countdown is a placeholder and you'll be able to receive it on the 3rd (whether it's at midnight or not is still completely up in the air) like the rest of us.
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Shogun 2 was released at 12am GMT on day of specified release not 6pm on day of specified release. Australia/Indonesia/Hong Kong normally get it the day after or two days after. i dont know why.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

If I receive it on 3rd it means I receive it much sooner than the people in the US. Don't forget that I'm on +8 GMT. From what I understand the game will be unlocked at the same time all over the world.

I took leave on the 4th and 5th but if the game is unlocked at 1800hrs for example then maybe I just change my leave to 5th and 6th.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast