Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men First Dev. Diary Published!

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men First Dev. Diary Published!

Is he missing/unreachable or is there something else wrong?

It's been many months now, maybe a whole year now, since modrealms went down?

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men First Dev. Diary Published!

Unreachable, as far as we know.

Surprised to see so few questions about the mod. Nobody is curious about what we're planning!

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

We are taking revenge: you don't release information for many months; we don't say anything...

...er, for many months?

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

I asked a legitmate question about your reasoning to ignore an alternative name that 4 (5 including myself) think would be an awesome way to compliment an awesome mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    We are taking revenge: you don't release information for many months; we don't say anything...

...er, for many months?
    Fair enough! We're gonna delay the mod for many months too.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthEvo View Post
    I asked a legitmate question about your reasoning to ignore an alternative name that 4 (5 including myself) think would be an awesome way to compliment an awesome mod.
    While "the return of the elves: the re-slaughtering" is an awesome title, we feel we have already used the "dominion of men" too much and we can't go back now. BUT we might release a new mod with that name, after DoM. Stay tuned for the next video, where we discuss this and a yet-to-be-revealed pink-warg faction.

Fair enough! We're gonna delay the mod for many months too.
    I'll keep that in mind

where we discuss this and a yet-to-be-revealed pink-warg faction.
    Pink wargs? And I thought I had seen everything

I asked 2 questions, nobody answered them...

Questions about the mod you say?

1. While The Fourth Age is a very, very high quality mod there is one area where some other scenarios are quite a bit ahead, that area being ancs/traits/family names and such.

For one thing there are very few traits etc for emissaries, spies and naval generals.
    Will this be changed at all?

2. There was talk some time ago of making the "Western" factions allied under the Senate function of RTW. What is the status on this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    I asked 2 questions, nobody answered them...

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    In our next video we would like to answer some of your questions (on any area of the mod). Please use this thread to ask those questions, as well as give feedback on the first dev. diary.

Cheers.

My next question is, how powerful will Arnor be as a "sub"-faction within the RK? I'm not massively lore-savvy but my interpretation is that during the period of LOTR Arnor has a very low population and consists largely of wilderness, with the biggest towns being places as small as Bree and Hobbiton and so on. Presumably some immigration and rebuilding has taken place during the fourth age but I would expect Arnor to be well behind Dale and Rohan in terms of population and development - not really able to guarantee its own independence without the military backing of Gondor, probably not able to muster much more than conscript-like spearmen and huntsmen, and rangers perhaps.

Will there be a hobbit unit? You know you want to.

How Arnor will be handled in DoM is definitely something I'd like to see explained in one of these dev diaries.

Can you elaborate on what you mean with "handled"? In terms of what?

I guess I would say 1) how much territory in the north will the RK control, 2) how developed will that territory be (i.e. villages or cities), 3) what kind of units will be recruitable in Arnor, both by the RK and by other factions, 4) will Adunabar / any other factions have any presence in Arnor, and if so what?

Great, thanks for the elaboration.

Adunabar presence in the north, I hadn't thought about that yet. That would make for an absolute epic civil war. It's logical, too, considering it's basically a split-off faction of the RK

Striker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    Adunabar presence in the north, I hadn't thought about that yet. That would make for an absolute epic civil war. It's logical, too, considering it's basically a split-off faction of the RK

I'm not sure, but wasn't it stated somewhere that the "rebels" went into mordor and mordor only?

Lungorthin's Avatar Foederatus

Not really, Tolkien's New Shadow story is just a few pages long, from what I remember it was nowhere stated in that story that the rebels only went to Mordor.
    Lungorthin: Lord of Balrogs!

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

No i think it's going to be epic. Aradan's hinted as much in posts here already (other threads). Apparently even I will be crying. It's that intense.

Idk, if their base was in Mordor I see no reason why they wouldn't expand into, say, Angmar?

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

The lands of Rhudaur and Angmar are the most logical candidates for Adunabar presence in the North of RK, due to their "evil" past..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast