Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

A Submod designed to bring the look, the feel, the sounds of
    HBO's
    Game of Thrones series to Westeros: Total War.

Principal Features

~
    (Post 1), introducing new user interfaces, new imagery, and more! ~

~Unitmod (Post 1), new units! ~

~
    (Post 2), the files needed to play Westeros with your TV Series Soundtrack. ~

The Team: (Old & New).

The GoT team for the base submod: Game of Thrones v3.0

~ Inarus - Images, basic graphics, music and Image Research. ~
    ~ Radboud - Faction Symbols, UIs, and All Epic Graphics. ~
    ~ AndariusHaliusScipio - Awesome Audio Clippings ~
    With Particular thanks to...
    ~ Emperor of Hell and Mhaedros ~
    - For sharing their Wisdom in the art of modelling, texturing and much much more than can be listed,
    Without which it would have been impossible for Strat Models to grace this Modification -

Unitmod Current Version: 4.9

Game of Thrones Submod for Westeros Total War, v. 4.9

1. Adds all the finished remade basic troops of old factions - minus Dorne because Vltima forgot to send me the new Dornish units. I only ever got the Martells, which are new mid-tiers for House Martell - i never got the basic units previewed in pictures.

- All are fully implemented now!

2. Full basic rosters for these minor Houses:

Tully = Bracken, Mallister, Blackwood plus an almost finished Mooton basic roster.

Stannis/Tyrell = Florent.

Lannister/Joffrey = Marbrand, Crakehall and Lefford - these aren't entirely complete like the ones for House Tully though. - Swyft were rebranded into Lefford and got a new symbol on their shield texture.

It also does add a few individual units such as Mountain Axe Clansmen for House Stark, new sellsword swordsmen, or Cuy Infantry for House Tyrell - basically everything previewed in MODDB is included.

3. New Frey units, new textures for the Frey units, new remade mid-tier House Tyrell troops, new elite House Bolton troops plus new armour upgrades for these factions. - Also includes a slightly remade and improved group of Tully elite units.

It also adds new textures for the basic Northern units used by House manderly.

4. Adds the full basic House Penrose (another minor house) units for House Renly.

5. Added House Frey as it's own faction to the campaign, and with full recruitment.

6. Adds the House Frey Faction Description, Walder Frey faction Leader portrait etc.

7. Removes unfinished factions from custom battles, and i mean vanilla ones who sometimes spawned in quickbattles with mercs.

8. Fixes the portraits that were missing in the mercs-directory, which caused "unlocalized placement"-pictures to show for Riverland units and others recruited by some fations.

9. Re-made the regional system a little to have less armies with everyone in them - making more units unique for the proper factions.

10. Adds a huge amount of Warhammer animations if one would want wolfs, dragons, beasts, undead or mammuths etc.

11. Adds a Warhammer online Dragon model for House Targaryen (three Dragons).

12. Adds a Daenarys Stormborn hero-model.

13. All custom units and unit upgrades have gotten new LOD-values in the BMDB - the issue with sprites showing in close distances has been solved.

5.0 will mostly be missing portraits and additions to the unfinished WIP factions - but i will put that on hold and move on to ADOS instead.

I am also expecting a guy to release balance/recruitment (remade EDU and EDB) soon after my release - and so i will update it with these files. This will hopefully make RTS-battles more stable.

A third guy was working on custom settlements in battle. We'll see if he was just talking or if he was serious. Would take two weeks and i think almost a week have passed by now.

Download-link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-th...-enhanced-v-49

MODDB-article:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-th...-enhanced-v-49

Credits:

Game of Thrones V 4.6:

VltimaRatio (unit modeller, all improvements on the models already in the game).

Mr_Nygren (modder, everything else new basically. Plus the implementation of everything.

Game of Thrones V 4.7:

VltimaRatio (unit modeller, all improvements on the models already in the game. Creation of every model, and it's an impressive and amazing number just in this 4.7 version - if we count the ones who aren't included, then he has done a tremendous effort this summer - basic units re-done for all, new elites, new minor houses, symbols, portraits for new units, textures, weapons, models).

Mr_Nygren (modder, everything else new basically. I have worked on the mod both in dec/jan (changes seen in 4.6) and may until now. Implemented all the units to my version of the mod, created some Targaryen symbols in custom battles, made weapon variations out of the raw-files VltimaRatio provided me with in january - creating more Targaryen and Dragon-units than just the spearmen, implemented units to the descr_strat, to the descr_rebels_factions, hidden resources to descr_regions and the units to the edb - basically made the units available in the campaign, fixed the CTD-bug that always crashed the mod at a certain turn plus done additional smaller stuff).

Jurcek1987 - Helped me with fixing a glitch making the Targaryen Spearmen hold their weapons wrongly - also added the Banner Carriers to the Bolton model - using the ones from the Western Overhaul as a base - the textures where then moved from the old carriers to the new ones that worked fine with the Bolton models.

Game of Thrones V 4.9:

VltimaRatio (unit modeller, all improvements on the models already in the game. Creation of every model but two, - basic units re-done for all, new elites, new minor houses, symbols, portraits for new units, textures, weapons and models).

Mr_Nygren (modder, everything else basically. Implemented all the units to my version of the mod, beaten the CTD-crash that was plaguing this mod, fixed the LOD-levels, added all the Warhammer animations, fixed the missing portraits if they existed, removed unused factions from custom battles, added House Frey to the campaign etc - basically everything but the creation of the models.).

The Return Of Reckoning team (runs Warhammer Onlines current build) - for the Warhammer dragons.
    WhiffOfGrapeshot (mod-team-member of Warhammer:BotET) stated this:

"The Return Of Reckoning team runs the current Warhammer Online build, which was released for use. There should be no problems using assets taken from Warhammer Online."

Auc162 - for letting me use the body of Daenarys - created by his friend.

Video of a battle between House Tully and the House of Joffrey in 4.9:

More Previews can be found on the MODDB-site:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-thrones

Installation:

Download this installer by Gigantus:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4327

Follow these instructions:

The complete install procedure for disk AND steam:

1. Download the mod from ModDB
    2. Unzip the downloaded RAR file (7Zip is freeware)
    3. Move the unpacked GoT_Enhanced folder into the Medieval 2 Total War\mods folder
    4. Download and run the Games of Thrones Starter
    5. Start the game with the desktop short cut

Note:
    Make sure the installer points to the Medieval 2 Total War directory. If you install into the wrong directory you will get this message, run the installer again:

What it does:

• Installs a Steam compatible BAT file
    • Installs an upgraded CFG file
    • Installs a new, properly formatted Icon
    • Provides a desktop short cut

Regarding Bugs and Crashes

With a small team and such a large amount of changes, not to mention having to make it compatible with other mods, Bugs Are Gonna Happen.

Please report them in this thread or PM me.

Look at the old GoT-thread for more information regarding installation, as there are pictures there and such.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 27, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Great mod, I love the overall style of the Bolton faction and the variety of units. Cheers!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Shreklayers View Post
    Great mod, I love the overall style of the Bolton faction and the variety of units. Cheers!
    Thanks,i agree the Boltons are some of Vltima's best work.You will be glad to hear that there will be increased variation in the coming update/updates. Even though the basic units will be retextures going forward, mostly to make balancing easier. But then instead the mid-tier troops and the elite house-troops will be unique.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I'm not that great with computers. so please don't laugh if I am installing this wrong. I'm on steam and I installed the Youngblood sub mod and extracted it to mods and renamed it GoT_Enhanced. I then went to download the GoT 3.0 part and when I do its not a .rar but a archive or something. In my downloads the icon next to it is a piece of paper with a corner folded where as its usually a manila folder with a blue R. what do I do at this point or how do I download the 3.0 correctly to put it in my folder for the mod?

nevermind I have figured it out.

Outstanding work, you manage to keep this mod not only alive also to make it far better with these units! Great work from all of you guys! Is there any case for more updates? If yes, could you please tell us what to expect?

Hello guys, the mod keeps getting better and better...When can we expect the new update with the new units ( Tywin, Clegane, Jaime ) and also the new map?

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Still getting CTD when trying to start a new campaign. Did everything in the instructions. Can someone, please, advise?

Quote Originally Posted by SundayLover View Post
    Outstanding work, you manage to keep this mod not only alive also to make it far better with these units! Great work from all of you guys! Is there any case for more updates? If yes, could you please tell us what to expect?
    In the next update you will get everything seen in the last pages of the old thread/on MODDB and this includes:

1. Strat-Generals for House Lannister, House Stark and House Bolton. - DONE

2. New Lannister Roster. - DONE!

3. New Dragonstone elite troop textures. - DONE!

4. New Northern Roster that is looking like Sir Jorah Mormont in armour and style, VltimaRatio wants them to be Northern-troops replacing the old ones.- DONE!

5. Wildling rebels in the far north. - Added to the custom battles but not to the campaign yet!

6. Nights Watch troops in custom battles. -DONE

7. New basic troops with different textures on shields and armour based on regions. Southern units are the base of these new troops. Hedge Knights and peasants will be added i think, as well as new longbowmen and crossbowmen. - Westerland (Joffrey & Lannisters), Riverland (Tully), Baratheon/Stormland (Renly & Stannis), Reach (Tyrell) and Vale (Arryn) troop recruitment - DONE!

8. Old Westerland troops remade into Sellswords - will be added into the descr_mercenaries, and this means mercs on the campaign. - DONE!

9. Old basic troops remade into mid-tier and elite-troops. - DONE!

10. New balance-system based on the system from "A Song of Ice and Fire: Total War" - will make the factions balanced based on the books. - All the basic troops done!

11. Various changes on the campaign-map for some factions - mostly made a few factions start stronger with either more starting troops - or a few new starting settlements.

House Bolton has Karhold and all the generals of House Karstark plus additional Karstark-troops. Stannis has more starting troops. House Greyjoy is in the North with their whole army which has been increased in size, and House Stark has moved all their garrisioned troops to the Westerlands to aid in the war - and this means that House Stark is way more powerful against the Lannisters while they will have a hard time at home fighting against the Greyjoys.

All factions but House Renly has had updated starting troops - which means i have added new entries for units created in 4.5 - all DONE, and will be adding entries for new units to be in 4.6. - Not done yet!

Adding of Targaryen basic and mid-tier troops? - DONE!

13. Adding of possible Wildling basic troops? - DONE!

14. Adding of possible Nights Watch basic troops? - DONE!

15. Adding of possible House Frey basic and mid-tier troops? - DONE!
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 23, 2017 at 07:47 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    Hello guys, the mod keeps getting better and better...When can we expect the new update with the new units ( Tywin, Clegane, Jaime ) and also the new map?
    I don't know when it will be released.

The new map will possibly come at the end of summer or later.

- The Havamal

Hello there, I am just playing a campaign as House Baratheon of Dragonstone and when I am trying to siege King's Landing, by the time i click on Assault and trying to play the battle the game crashes. Any solution?

Quote Originally Posted by SundayLover View Post
    Hello there, I am just playing a campaign as House Baratheon of Dragonstone and when I am trying to siege King's Landing, by the time i click on Assault and trying to play the battle the game crashes. Any solution?
    Hard to say what the problem is in your case. If i were you i would try to attack from a different angle. Sometimes that could solve it, or it's something connected with the units/settlement but i don't think there should be any such problem. Or it is Steam etc.

- The Havamal

Playing Stannis, the general pic's annoy me. Just a personal preference, but they all look the same. But that's just me.

I love the unit designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hierarch View Post
    Playing Stannis, the general pic's annoy me. Just a personal preference, but they all look the same. But that's just me.

I love the unit designs.
    They have the same helmet-style - it'strue. But they aren't the same person as i chose different persons clad in that uniform from the show. The point is to make the pictures of gens/heroes the same as in the show.

As for the unit designs those are all VltimaRatios work - you'll be glad to hear Dragonstone models will be updated in the coming update. I haven't checked them out just yet, as i have still to implement them and do some other work on the update. I am focusing on TLK first, then i'll finish up the next GoT:TW version.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 02, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

- The Havamal

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

I'm still playing with 4.0 and was disappointed there was no Tyrion Lannister quotes, even though he's the most quotable, funniest character. Does this version have any? If not this surely needs to be rectified immeaditately (I can record the quotes myself with audacity if you wish!)

If I install on top, is it savegame compatible?
    Last edited by Librarian; April 21, 2017 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    I'm still playing with 4.0 and was disappointed there was no Tyrion Lannister quotes, even though he's the most quotable, funniest character. Does this version have any? If not this surely needs to be rectified immeaditately (I can record the quotes myself with audacity if you wish!)

If I install on top, is it savegame compatible?
    Quotes? You mean text-quotes in the loading screens or the hero-voices from the show?

Now, i haven't changed the text but you could easily do that in the text file quotes.txt.

As for hero-voices from the show i have no idea how the original team made that possible. I have only knowledge in moving the voices in the scripts-file - that work wasn't done by me and i can't change it and do not plan to.

- The Havamal

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

I do mean Hero-voices. Do you know what file format they need to be? If you don't, could we consult the original mod authors about how to implement more/other voices? I was disappointed to not hear my favourite character's voice as I moved him around.

edit: I put the GOT enhanced contents in to my working 4.0 version, and replaced all existing conflicting files (I backed up) and I have the boltons down south! the starks too, anbd it seems erryones a bolton. Is that bolton splash meant to come up when I load in?

[CONTENTBOX]http://imgur.com/FapNZul[/CONTENTBOX]
    Last edited by Librarian; April 22, 2017 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    I do mean Hero-voices. Do you know what file format they need to be? If you don't, could we consult the original mod authors about how to implement more/other voices? I was disappointed to not hear my favourite character's voice as I moved him around.

edit: I put the GOT enhanced contents in to my working 4.0 version, and replaced all existing conflicting files (I backed up) and I have the boltons down south! the starks too, anbd it seems erryones a bolton. Is that bolton splash meant to come up when I load in?

[CONTENTBOX]http://imgur.com/FapNZul[/CONTENTBOX]
    I don't really understand what you are saying - but yes, the Bolton splash screen is supposed to show up.. This versions main feature was the new Bolton faction.

- The Havamal

I believe he means the voices of generals/agents/etc on the campaign map, when one moves them around. Clicking on Tyrion and hearing "I drink, and I know things" for example.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I believe he means the voices of generals/agents/etc on the campaign map, when one moves them around. Clicking on Tyrion and hearing "I drink, and I know things" for example.
    I understood that, but not what he meant about Boltons down south and all that nonsense.

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast