Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

Just to confirm, having only seen this thread... That by playing 6.1(2) + RR/RC + BGR IV Enhanced patched to the 'final beta' in the post you've linked, means I'm effectively playing what this thread is all about, aye? Just trying to get the 'complete' experience.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

yes, except for the changes listed in the first post.

feel free to check it out and see if it is to your liking, ill be uploading the updated files in a couple hours.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

So with your files and a start date of 1080, I'd not be able to play as the Crusader States in Early Era, as they don't emerge until after the game has begun? Sad face!

Well when i made this mod i did it with the way i preferred M2TW. I felt that SS 6.2 rr/rc with Byg IV was the very best way to experience M2TW, however I always disagreed with the decision for the mod to not be 2TPY, and i personally have always enjoyed the 1080 start date.

The reason i made this mod was to change these things, and along the way I incorporated a few other Ideas that i loved such as the huge unit sizes. I decided to share it with the community because you all have given me so much, and i wanted to give something back of my own.

I wont lie and tell you or anyone else that this mod is made for everyone, in reality it isnt. It is my interpretation of what is the perfect M2TW experience, and even then it still has alot more im planning on doing to make it even better, once 6.2 is out of beta and is finalized.

This mod was made first and foremost for my enjoyment and vision, and it is that vision i share with the community. If you would prefer to play the crusader states you dont have to install this mod. Or you can also look at some of the fantastic tutorials on how to mod yourself. you could learn how to make the 1100 campaign without this mod 2tpy, and even share it with the community yourself.

Im afraid i dont have the time or resources to make every single person happy with the features. however if i can make a mod that i enjoy, that is relativly bug-free and well balanced, and share it with the community that has made tw so great for me, ill be happy with that.

so no, you cant play the crusader states, however I still welcome you to give the mod a try if you wish.

Edit- The new update files are uploaded, in the First post. Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by jman47; July 28, 2010 at 08:20 AM.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

You've done fantastic work Jman, your mod was a great basis for launching my livestreaming effort and youtube channel. I like slow paced campaigns dammit - and..apparently people find it very interesting!

I'd like to see you keep going and tug your mod along to SS 6.3 - if that is feasible!

You will at least have the support of a budding livestreamer and his small audience in addition to the others here
    "If you pick the lesser of two evils, there's still evil"
    -Michael Savage

Producer of Total War Tracker

Hello everyone,

I realize that this is a ridiculous thread necro, however I felt it would be best at least for the moment to post in this thread rather than start a new one. I basically had to take a long hiatus from modding and alot of pc gaming related stuff due to life situations. I am hoping to start tinkering with this project again, however the files were long lost on my old computer and my upload no longer exists. If anyone still has the old files please send me a pm. Otherwise Ill just start reverse engineering everything all over again bit by bit. Hope you all have been well and maybe to see some familiar faces after so long.
    - Thatguy

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    Hello everyone, I realize that this is a ridiculous thread necro, however I felt it would be best at least for the moment to post in this thread rather than start a new one. I basically had to take a long hiatus from modding and alot of pc gaming related stuff due to life situations. I am hoping to start tinkering with this project again, however the files were long lost on my old computer and my upload no longer exists. If anyone still has the old files please send me a pm. Otherwise Ill just start reverse engineering everything all over again bit by bit. Hope you all have been well and maybe to see some familiar faces after so long.
    I realize this is another, even more ridiculous thread necro, however I wanted to let you know I was definitely interested in this project if you are still working on it. I'm playing SS again, and really can't figure out why it isn't 2TPY also. Everything is great about the mod, except one year it's winter all year and the next it's summer, and your generals die in about two seconds so with the increased pain in the ass factor of the war council, you have to ferry a guy 5 years across the sea to start a war and he gets scurvy in the meantime and dies in a storm. Or something. If you or anyone else knows how to just turn the game into 2TPY without any other changes, that's really what I'm most interested in. I think growth rates would ideally be reduced also, but it's not the END of the world to me if it isn't, since I hardly ever get more than a few citadels in a game before 200 turns as it stands now. 22,500 castle pop isn't easy, even with max farms and an average governor you don't always get there. If I made my ideal mod, it'd have about 50-66% reductions in growth rates and build times, instead of 100%, because it would still help keep balance without making the game DRAG. It'd make it really feel like your core/main cities with a governor from turn 1 are developed far beyond the hinterlands, and make razing a city a real problem for you or your enemies, without it being completely IMPOSSIBLE to recover from if someone razes your city on turn 500. So for example, a crop rotation takes 11 turns, not 7, and a shipwright takes 8 instead of 5. Big increase to build times, without it being so onerous that you're staring at that same high level building for 30 turns.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Actually I agree with you, a 2TPY mod could be good, with an increased focus on early, high and late eras rather than the entire campaign. I am not a fan of the winter thing either with 1TPY-1.5Y. In fact it would probably make more sense as a quick fix to just make every turn Summer since by far the majority of military expeditions took place then. Might just do that as an option with upcoming RC2.0 release cheers
    Last edited by Point Blank; January 12, 2017 at 02:40 AM.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Interesting resurrection
    I'm looking at doing a personal mod for the vanilla STEAM M2TW which uses Kingdoms 1.5 exe.
    Using the Bare_GeoMod as a start.
    Have got my old PSF in it so far, done a little bit of messing with a couple of other files, but am now looking at making it 2TPY.

The vanilla M2TW seems to be quite well balanced in terms of AI and human economies but at 2TPY the settlements grow far too quickly.

Which means I have to start messing around with the game without messing too much with the balance.

Be interested in discussing the various ways to implement 2TPY in a new thread somewhere, where we can share experiences on it without being tied to a particular Mod or sub-mod.

Agreed. A search would probably find something.

I'd agree with having different era campaigns if you're doing 2TPY - but it does increase the workload if you want historical accuracy with families etc.
    The vanilla is 2 YPT so 100 years is 50 turns - with 2TPY it's 200 turns - OK for 200 years but upscaling beyond that doesn't play out too well.

As for Stainless Steel - much as I enjoyed playing, working on it and modding it, it's too cumbersome now to install, and the 2 main improvement projects appear to be struggling.

jman suggested starting from scratch (or at least rebuilding from scratch). I'd welcome that, sort out exactly what is needed for a single download, clear out the unnecessary stuff, remove options (let ppl make their own sub-mods !) and have a stable SS6.5 or SS7.0 - if we can get clearance. (And if we can't make a new mod

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

About the 2TPY, there's this submod started by Meneth back in 2010: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ject-(2TP)-2-0
    ... or this one, more rescent (2015) and done by Riva: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...T-per-year-mod
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader