Thread: Euro Crisis

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Default Re: Greek default this year

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Every time I have to go to the post office, or take the train or deal in any other way with the Italian public sector, I consider becoming a suicide bomber due to the sheer incompetence and lazyness of the employees. So, yea, there is worse than Silvio and his prostitutes.

2:58, that's standard practice in Italy
    Replace the Italian flag with a greek one and the video is still valid.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Holy crap, it's the exact same thing here.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

My sis lives in Northern Italy and I used to visit her often. I didn't have any problems with the Italian public sector.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    My sis lives in Northern Italy and I used to visit her often. I didn't have any problems with the Italian public sector.
    The North is far better than the rest. It still sucks though. Not being a citizen also helps, because you don't have to deal with them very often, especially office employees. Other than that, you got lucky. Last time I went back to Italy, it took them 2 weeks to make an official copy of 2 documents in English. Not to mention the 6 hours I wasted in lines, the 4 wasted because trains were late, and so on... and they even dare to strike because their job might not be safe forever anymore. ing parasites.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Well my friends it seems the mad oil sanctions on Iranian oil have beed cancelled for another month by the EU.

It appears Italy and Greece would have been seriously crippled in any recovery if they had to source more expensive supplies.

The clowns within the EU who love to jump on the sanctions bandwagon clearly have No idea that large area,s of the eurozone have real economic problems.

The Dutch parliment is now split over the eurozone austerity plans.

The plan will also come under pressure from France if Sarkozy gets the boot.

In Ireland the government is pushing for a yes vote in the referendum and still talking as if the eurozone has not moved on in the past 4 months.
    I would feel a little happier if they kept up with current political events.

More countries are coming to realise that austerity alone will kill their economies.

Spain is heading deeper into recession and its bonds are getting hammered again by the market.

The euro looks like coming under pressure, Markets are looking for a drop in exchange rates to at least the low 1.20 mark to the $dollar.
    That will certainly cause commodities to rise in price to eurozone member,s.

Its going to be an interesting summer.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Sharpe's Company's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Well my friends it seems the mad oil sanctions on Iranian oil have beed cancelled for another month by the EU.

It appears Italy and Greece would have been seriously crippled in any recovery if they had to source more expensive supplies.

The clowns within the EU who love to jump on the sanctions bandwagon clearly have No idea that large area,s of the eurozone have real economic problems.
    Thats not a problem, they'll just 'harmonise' external trade.

A problem for the EU is always an opportunity for more EU.
    Justice 4 Charlene
    #MoggMania
    #No2EU

Dubh the dark's Avatar Campidoctor

I posted some of these facts before but this vid gets to the point in a concise way. Some of you may find it interesting;

Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.
    Noam Chomsky

Moderator Emeritus

Nah, they just buckled under the pressure before Persia did.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

My signature, your dreams
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Sadreddine's Avatar Lost in a Paradise Lost

Don't forget about Spain. We're also having a great time down here.

That's what they (we?) get for being a dutiful slave to US and Israeli petty schemes.
    Last edited by Sadreddine; April 26, 2012 at 05:11 AM.
    Struggling by the Pen since February 2007.

َاللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

Comes Limitis

Im suddenly seeing Spanish and Portuguese popping up here in Germany, joining the same line as the eastern-Europeans.

To stay optimistic, at least the girls got the most hottest accents. So cute...
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    +rep!

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sadreddine View Post
    Don't forget about Spain. We're also having a great time down here.

That's what they (we?) get for being a dutiful slave to US and Israeli petty schemes.
    Christ, its becoming an obsession

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    The police chief from Breaking Bad and William Shatner?
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    The police chief from Breaking Bad and William Shatner?
    I had never thought of them this way.

It's actually Papandreou and Venizelos.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Babur View Post
    Greece's suicide rates have already increased due to the debt crisis there:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/28/us-greece-election-suicide-idUSBRE83R08N20120428

I have heard of this geologist in my field of studies. He was a brilliant scientist. He studied Palaiogeology along with a collegue of mine that has her office next to mine. They were the only two Palaiogeologists of Greece that have studied Palaiogeology soon after they graduated from the university. They have worked together numerous times etc.
    This Geologist, Nikos, had a PhD and a Postdoc and had a large number of papers. He was very well respected in his field abroad.

Last time he spoke with my collegue, the Wednesday before Easter (Megali Tetarth) he was desperate. He was relying on his father's pension to feed himself and pay his Social Security. My collegue was close friend with him and she's devastated. She also has a PhD, 2 Postdocs, a TON of papers, has worked in Australia for 11 years and she's now trying to find work in Greece. She can't find any job, not even for 500 Euros (yes, she applied for a 500 Euro/month research) so she had to look abroad and she'll probably leave for England where they accepted her. She wants to keep looking in Greece though, because she wants to help our country.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Sorry to read of this tragic person alhoon and your collegue,s grief over his death.

So much talent is going to waste in the New Eurozone Order.

We in Ireland are exporting as many academic,s and graduates as fast as we can. No room In the Inn these days.

The younger people are leaving as soon as they can get their ticket money together and hope contacts in Aus or the US can fix them up.

The pharmacy,s are doling out more anti depressents than they have ever done.

Never mind I shall have the pleasure of voting soon in our referendum on the austerity pact.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Comes Limitis

Sorry to read of this tragic person alhoon and your collegue,s grief over his death.

So much talent is going to waste in the New Eurozone Order.

We in Ireland are exporting as many academic,s and graduates as fast as we can. No room In the Inn these days.

The younger people are leaving as soon as they can get their ticket money together and hope contacts in Aus or the US can fix them up.

The pharmacy,s are doling out more anti depressents than they have ever done.

Never mind I shall have the pleasure of voting soon in our referendum on the austerity pact.
    Irish construction workers and meat-cutters are coming back to Germany as well(had many in the 80's and 90's). They are good for my business though, having a steady hunger for beer and enough homesickness to buy that 17€ low end Jameson thats guarding my shelves for years.

next time I see thim I give them a discount on the whiskey.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Moderator Emeritus

You sold them years-old beer?

Comes Limitis

and 17€ a bottle. The crisis really brings out the best in people

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    no srsly Im talking Jameson Whiskey 0,7L, fairly good but standard and overpriced for an Irishman