Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Napoleon (AUM-NAP) 2.6 - updated 24.11.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - NAPOLEON (AUM-NAP) 2.0 - updated 7.6.10

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

Hello JoeCool, thanks for your nice words about AUM-ETW and AUM-NAP.

The "preferences" script stores all values of the options in the game. You don't have to edit this file to run AUM-NAP.

You have to copy/paste the included "user.script.txt" (released with the mod) to your "scripts" directory. Or you can create a new file with this name, but you have to save it in UNICODE, otherwise NAP can't load it right.

mod "aum_nap_mod.pack"

Thanks Swiss it is working now. Great mod; +rep.

Any chance you could put the old spanish units in with the new ones in the peninsular campaign?

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

Quote Originally Posted by ottomanfan View Post
    Any chance you could put the old spanish units in with the new ones in the peninsular campaign?
    It maybe possible but such this needs that users have the existing dlc,also i don't think that they will use the extra guerrilla functions,but yes it is possible with a very simple way without duplicate them,like what he did for italian guards and velites.

Quote Originally Posted by georider View Post
    It maybe possible but such this needs that users have the existing dlc,also i don't think that they will use the extra guerrilla functions,but yes it is possible with a very simple way without duplicate them,like what he did for italian guards and velites.

Ah so this would have to be a separate mod? It would be very popular i think!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
    Thanks Swiss it is working now. Great mod; +rep.
    Thanks and good that it works now.

Ah so this would have to be a separate mod? It would be very popular i think!
    As georider said they can be activated like the other unlocked vanilla units.

I have to look at the files to see which units can be activated for the Grand campaign/Peninsula campaign. I'm working on an update of AUM-NAP to patch 1.3. It will include balancing changes regarding the stats and costs.
    The next UPC-NAP will be released soon.

Sorry if anyone has asked this already but I figured it would be quicker than going through 300 posts....

After patch4.pack was added I deleted everything that had to do with NTW and reinstalled it fresh. I am running AUM, UPC, Blood mod, Radious' FBR and Sound mods, along with a unit stat tweak mod of my own.

When trying to play a Single Player battle(not sure about MP)I can select any nation except France to play or be opposition. As soon as I click the drop down on France the game locks up and crashes to desktop. I've already tried taking my mod files, the FBR/sound mods, and the blood mod out and running it with just AUM and UPC. It still crashes unless I take AUM and the UPC out. Don't know if I've got something wonky in the install or if their is a possible bug in AUM. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔GAS MASK♔ View Post
    unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v2_4.7z (744.2 KB, 201 views)

This one wont work mate tryed to download but its being a pain can you take a look at it ?
    I know this is a bit of an old post, but I'm sure other people are having the same issue with the unit pack compatability.

Sometimes (and probably someone could explain why), a computer refuses to accept the new name for the unit compatability pack. So if it is named unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v2_4.pack, but you had an old one named say unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v1_7.pack it will refuse to accept any subsequent versions. The simple way to fix this is to rename the new pack whatever the old one was named which seems to do the job splendidly. There is probably a better way of fixing it, but I'm too much of a technophobe to figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Ciabhan View Post
    Sorry if anyone has asked this already but I figured it would be quicker than going through 300 posts....
    After patch4.pack was added I deleted everything that had to do with NTW and reinstalled it fresh. I am running AUM, UPC, Blood mod, Radious' FBR and Sound mods, along with a unit stat tweak mod of my own.

When trying to play a Single Player battle(not sure about MP)I can select any nation except France to play or be opposition. As soon as I click the drop down on France the game locks up and crashes to desktop. I've already tried taking my mod files, the FBR/sound mods, and the blood mod out and running it with just AUM and UPC. It still crashes unless I take AUM and the UPC out. Don't know if I've got something wonky in the install or if their is a possible bug in AUM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Hello Ciabhan, please re-download AUM-NAP and the newest UPC-NAP again in case the download was corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldthebat View Post
    I know this is a bit of an old post, but I'm sure other people are having the same issue with the unit pack compatability.

Sometimes (and probably someone could explain why), a computer refuses to accept the new name for the unit compatability pack. So if it is named unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v2_4.pack, but you had an old one named say unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v1_7.pack it will refuse to accept any subsequent versions. The simple way to fix this is to rename the new pack whatever the old one was named which seems to do the job splendidly. There is probably a better way of fixing it, but I'm too much of a technophobe to figure it out
    Hello arnoldthebat, yes there can only be one UPC file at the same time in the "data" folder, otherwise the files are causing conflicts.

Hello to all UPC-NAP users,

today I released the new official UPC-NAP in all four languages.

Please remove/delete all older UPC or other language files from mods.

These are the updates in this version:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Georider's "Add on units and AUM uniforms 2.0 27.6"
    Kungfuserge's "KHARTUM"
    Iutland's "La montée de l'Empire (LME) 1.0"
    Emperor Batman999's "Foreign Legions Mod 2.0"
    some minor fixes

The UPC is compatible with this hosted major mod:
    Marshal Beale's "Napoleon Order of War (NOW) 1.05"

I will include the entries of these two hosted mods soon:
    JaM's "Napoleon Empire Realism (NER) 0.76"
    Top-Cat's "Europe in Conflict (EiC) 1.1"

unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v2_6.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v2_6_german.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v1_9_french.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v1_1_spanish.7z

Hello to all AUM-NAP fans,

today I uploaded the custom signatures of AUM-NAP from LUCKYLEWIS. This section is on my first page too.

AUM-NAP signatures/video

ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - NAPOLEON (AUM-NAP) Video

Thanks to my friend LUCKYLEWIS for creating this great presentation video of 20 AUM-NAP units!

All custom AUM-NAP signatures have been made by LUCKYLEWIS and are on my Album site:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album.php?u=27660

Here is the preview changelog of the upcoming AUM-NAP 2.1:

- added the new column from the latest patch/DLC to the table "aum_nap_unit_stats_land"

- re-balanced the stats and costs of several units according to the new patch/DLC

- fixed the recruitment of all Spanish AUM units assigned to "Spain" in the custom battle screen, because the recent patch changed the spanish faction there.

- added the "Guerilla Warfare" ability to the AUM unit "Spanish Corso Terrestre Guerillas"

- decreased the unit limit of the "French Régiment Eträngérs" from 6 to 4

- increased the "special abilities" of the "Generals" on the field, that these abilities can be used 3 times instead of 2

- increased the "special abilities" of the Artillery units on the field, that these abilities can be used 4 times instead of 3

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

Hello arnoldthebat, yes there can only be one UPC file at the same time in the "data" folder, otherwise the files are causing conflicts.
    Indeed! Although the problem goes a little bit deeper. Occasionally if you replace the old UPC with a new one the game will not recognise the new one unless you rename it with the old name.

My current working theory is that might happen if you put two UPCs in your data folder by accident and then start the game.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

For some reason upon upgrading i dont see the names all other old AUM files where taken out of the folder IMO i think it may be some kind of collide but im still unsure.

Problem fixed it was the great war files.
    Last edited by GasMask; July 01, 2010 at 05:43 AM.

As georider said they can be activated like the other unlocked vanilla units.

I have to look at the files to see which units can be activated for the Grand campaign/Peninsula campaign. I'm working on an update of AUM-NAP to patch 1.3. It will include balancing changes regarding the stats and costs. The next UPC-NAP will be released soon.
    [/QUOTE]

It would be great if they could be unlocked for the new version of AUM.

georider's Avatar Tiro

Yes it will be but the users must have the latest dlc to activate those as well. It's not right to unlock units that other make efforts to create. So I believe that you must have the DLC3 in order to activate those.

Yes it will be but the users must have the latest dlc to activate those as well. It's not right to unlock units that other make efforts to create. So I believe that you must have the DLC3 in order to activate those.
    I second that.
    When modders begin to include features or functions from the Peninsular campaign DLC to the Coalition campaign they are really walking the thin edge. Are you then doing "piracy" or violating CA's Intellectual Property rights? I don't know where CA/SEGA draws the line in what can be used for free or not??

So to be on the safe side it is probably better to use the features for the peninsular campaign in that same campaign (only people who purchased the DLC will have access to it then) and common features from both campaigns may be used both places.
    As well as modders shouldn't make the peninsular campaign available through the "Coalition Campaign" button from the Single player menu.

This is just my advice to stay on the right side of the fence

Cheers

iutland

georider's Avatar Tiro

@Iutland Thanks for further infos, I agree with you. But I must say also that CA must give us total access to new tools , to use such for our and public mod use and not copy some new variations . What I mean ? The new Shacko from Spanish units are very good for using in some other regiments as well ,also the new atlas construction of the new spa_france files have many goodies for future moding for france units . One way or another personal I thank Erasmus for PFM and CA for this new coding with atlas files it's much easier to moding NTW than any other game of the series not mentioned other games as well

@Iutland Thanks for further infos, I agree with you. But I must say also that CA must give us total access to new tools , to use such for our and public mod use and not copy some new variations . What I mean ? The new Shacko from Spanish units are very good for using in some other regiments as well ,also the new atlas construction of the new spa_france files have many goodies for future moding for france units . One way or another personal I thank Erasmus for PFM and CA for this new coding with atlas files it's much easier to moding NTW than any other game of the series not mentioned other games as well
    Yes you're totally right on the last one

Best regards

iutland

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Is anyone who has the Peninsular Campaign DLC finding that some of the unit packs are no longer working? The Foreign Legions mod, the "Army of Francis Mod" and the "Rise of the Black Eagle" units are not showing up for me in the Custom Battles.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldthebat View Post
    Indeed! Although the problem goes a little bit deeper. Occasionally if you replace the old UPC with a new one the game will not recognise the new one unless you rename it with the old name.
    My current working theory is that might happen if you put two UPCs in your data folder by accident and then start the game.
    Hello arnoldthebat, I suggest to remove all custom locs and probably to re-check the vanilla integrity through Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔GAS MASK♔ View Post
    For some reason upon upgrading i dont see the names all other old AUM files where taken out of the folder IMO i think it may be some kind of collide but im still unsure.
    Problem fixed it was the great war files.
    Good that it works now.

It would be great if they could be unlocked for the new version of AUM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Yes you're totally right on the last one
    Best regards
    iutland
    Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    I second that.
    When modders begin to include features or functions from the Peninsular campaign DLC to the Coalition campaign they are really walking the thin edge. Are you then doing "piracy" or violating CA's Intellectual Property rights? I don't know where CA/SEGA draws the line in what can be used for free or not??
    So to be on the safe side it is probably better to use the features for the peninsular campaign in that same campaign (only people who purchased the DLC will have access to it then) and common features from both campaigns may be used both places.
    As well as modders shouldn't make the peninsular campaign available through the "Coalition Campaign" button from the Single player menu.

This is just my advice to stay on the right side of the fence
    Cheers
    iutland
    Yes I second that and hopefully CA uses this or a similar system in the upcoming Shogun 2 too. Yes of course we modders have to make sure that these units are only unlocked for players who bought the PEN DLC. In my eyes it's the safest way to only touch these units in the PEN campaign itself until we receive an official comment like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Is anyone who has the Peninsular Campaign DLC finding that some of the unit packs are no longer working? The Foreign Legions mod, the "Army of Francis Mod" and the "Rise of the Black Eagle" units are not showing up for me in the Custom Battles.
    Hello Geronimo, I suggest to re-check the vanilla integrity through Steam and check the script file too if there is an error.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Swiss Halberdier what would be great would be if you could add some of the Foreign Legions mod units to the Peninsular Campaign, notably Iberian ones like the Portuguese Legion.

On the problem: I will see if using the NTW version of Modmanager helps.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 11, 2010 at 04:40 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Swiss Halberdier what would be great would be if you could add some of the Foreign Legions mod units to the Peninsular Campaign, notably Iberian ones like the Portuguese Legion.
    Hello Geronimo2006, I don't have the permission to use EB999's mod, but I will talk to him.

Hello to all AUM-NAP fans,

Unfortunately I've got good and bad news...

The good news are that I released AUM-NAP 2.1 today.

AUM-NAP 2.1 changelog

- fully compatible with the newest patch from 2.7.2010

- added the new column from the latest patch/DLC to the table "aum_nap_unit_stats_land". This column determines the "Guerilla Warfare Deployment Zone" ability of the units

- re-balanced the stats and costs of several units according to the new patch/DLC

- fixed the recruitment of all AUM units assigned to "Spain" in the custom battle screen, because the recent patch changed the spanish faction there

- added the "Guerilla Warfare" ability to the AUM unit "Spanish Corso Terrestre Guerillas"

- increased the unit limit of the "Spanish Corso Terrestre Guerillas" from 3 to 4

- decreased the unit limit of the "French Régiment Eträngérs" from 6 to 4

- decreased the unit limit of the "French-Dutch chevau-légers lanciers de la garde (Red Lancers)" from 3 to 2

- decreased the unit limit of the "French-Polish chevau-légers lanciers de la garde" from 3 to 2

- increased the "special abilities" of the "Generals" on the field, that these abilities can be used 3 times instead of 2

- increased the "special abilities" of the Artillery units on the field, that these abilities can be used 4 times instead of 3

If you want to change these values you can customize the table "aum_nap_unit_special_abilities". There you can change three columns "duration/cooldown/uses".

The bad news... Unfortunately my old "back/spinal column" injury from military and sports hurts me again. Tomorrow I have to go to the hospital and I'll be 2-3 weeks away.

Cheers and enjoy AUM-NAP 2.1!
    Swiss Halberdier

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I've been forgetting to do that, I just got back from a vacation in Mexico, too.
    I don't think the Portugese Legion served in Spain during the DLC's timespan, however.