Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 3.2.19

Default Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 3.2.19

Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB)

What is the UPC?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The UPC project is necessary for all languages except English, because of added custom texts to the game by modders. Most of these texts are from Unit Pack Mods, Gameplay Mods and Overhaul Mods. Without the UPC you can not see these custom unit names, descriptions and other texts if you don't use the English language version.

Mods are not compatible if they all include an own language file which contains the file localisation.loc. Therefore this mod aims to create an universal localisation.loc file that can be used to make as many mods as possible compatible. Then you can see all custom unit names, descriptions and other texts from the included mods.

You can switch your language in the Steam options of Thrones of Britannia. If you switch to English, then all custom texts appear without the need of the UPC-TOB. This is because only the English language file system can directly read the custom texts from our mods. All other languages ignore the included custom texts. Therefore we make this UPC project. Each language needs a separate UPC language version.

I will update the UPC with new orignal vanilla texts from future official patches and DLCs.

The UPC doesn't contain any mods and you must download the mods from the related sites. It contains only the custom texts of the included mods.

Please note that not all mods in each language are translated, but all custom entries are included in English and you can see at least English texts.

There is a little rule in the UPC history. "It is better to see at least an English text, as there would be otherwise just a blank text."

UPC Team and current language/localization support

Current localization version

- localization compatible with the newest patch

Swiss Halberdier - Creator and Leader

Current language support

German translation by Swiss Halberdier, Nor Dogroth and Musculus Maximus
    French
    no translator yet
    Italian no translator yet
    Spanish translation by Miguel_80 and No
    Portuguese translation by Miguel_80 and No
    Czech translation by Radious
    Russian no translator yet
    Polish translation by Synthetic Man
    Turkish translation by Yildizyusuf
    Korean translation by wkdrjs659
    Chinese (Simplified) no translator yet

Thanks to all translators for their very valuable contributions!

Thanks a lot to SilentResident for her UPC-TOB Banner.

Current mods support

Aguirre and Swiss Units Project by Aguirre and Swiss Halberdier

Radious Total War Mod - Thrones of Britannia by Team Radious

Crucible of Kings by CoK team

Seasonal Effects by Dresden by Dresden

12 Turns Per Year by Dresden

Ammunition Replenishment Mod by Magnar

Unique Units Expansion by Moon Hoplite

Archer Update by Musculus Maximus

Units for The Last Kingdom by Musculus Maximus

Information for players

Please choose your language and read the installation instructions.

Please note that not all mods in each language are translated, but all custom entries are included in English and you can see at least English texts.

There is a little rule in the UPC history. "It is better to see at least an English text, as there would be otherwise just a blank text."

Information for modders

The UPC project is fully free and you can use it for your own mod as a base. Please give credits if you use the UPC.

If you want that your mod will be included in this project, then please upload your exported TSV file with just your related entries here on the thread or send me a private message.

I will include your entries into the next version.

Installation

Download, unpack and copy the file to your TOB data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Thrones of Britannia\data

Please check if there is more than one UPC_*.pack file in your data folder. If there are other custom language files from mods in this folder, then you have to delete them as they would conflict.

The UPC file doesn't show up in the official Mod launcher and there is no Mod Manager needed to activate the mod.

The UPC file is a special Movie type format file which loads automatically if you put the UPC file into your data folder.

Enjoy UPC-TOB
    Swiss Halberdier

Downloads

UPDATED ALL LANGUAGE FILES - 3.2.2019

UPC language files

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB)

I released the first version of the Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB). All language versions feature the latest vanilla game localization.

I created the UPC-TOB similar like I did it for previous games (Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila). Thrones of Britannia has the same language system like Attila and therefore if a player uses another language than English, then the custom texts added from modders in their mods are not visible in game.

UPC-TOB can be used to fix vanilla text errors and if you see any vanilla text errors in the game, then you can post it here on the thread and I will look at it.

UPC-TOB is of course fully free for all modders to use it as a base for their mods. Mostly major mods and complete overhauls sometimes need to change the vanilla texts for their mods.

Other modders can download the UPC-TOB base files and use it for their own mods to add custom texts regarding foreign languages. Please just inform me about this and give me credits on your thread.

It would be also a big help if modders will upload their custom text entries via an exported .TSV file on this thread or send them via a private message. I will include these texts afterwards.

UPC-TOB features 11 languages:

German
    French
    Italian
    Spanish
    Portuguese
    Czech
    Russian
    Polish
    Turkish
    Korean
    Chinese (Simplified)

I added these mods:

Seasonal Effects by Dresden by Dresden

12 Turns Per Year by Dresden

Ammunition Replenishment Mod by Magnar

I translated already all custom texts into German in the UPC-German and also fixed some vanilla German text errors.

Please read through the first post and I wrote there all imporant information about the mod and how to install the UPC-TOB.

Enjoy UPC-TOB
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB)

I updated the UPC Czech with translations by Radious and the UPC Polish with translations by Synthetic Man.

Enjoy UPC-TOB
    Swiss Halberdier

Today CA opened the Steam Workshop for Thrones of Britannia.

As always with my UPC mods, I will not upload the UPC-TOB to the Steam Workshop and it must be still installed manually.

This is because of a technical reason as not all Steam Workshops of the related games can handle the special mod pack type in which the UPC mods need to be that they work.

I produce since 2010 the UPC mods and there are already 51 UPC mods available for all supported languages in 6 Total War games. (Empire = 9, Napoleon = 8, Shogun = 7, Rome = 8, Attila = 8, Thrones of Britannia = 11)

Also in terms of the needed time it would not be managable for me to also release them on the Steam Workshop. Thanks for understanding my decision.

Enjoy UPC-TOB
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 12.5.18

Hello UPC-TOB users,

I released an update of the UPC-TOB in all supported languages.

I updated this mod:

I added these new mods:

Crucible of Kings by CoK team

ToB Unique Units by Moon Hoplite

Thanks a lot to Miguel_80 for his updates of the UPC Spanish and UPC Portuguese.

Thanks a lot to wkdrjs659 for his translations of the UPC Korean.

Enjoy UPC-TOB
    Swiss Halberdier

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 12.5.18

So needed due to messed up language files once again by CA....

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    So needed due to messed up language files once again by CA....
    Yes unfortunately CA used the same language system as in Attila and therefore the UPC-TOB is needed. Otherwise non-English players can't see any custom texts from mods in the game.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 14.5.18

CA released today a beta patch 1.

Specifically in terms of languages they wrote this in the patch notes:

"Please note, there are text changes in this patch that are not yet localised into other languages, the patch is best played in English for now."

I will update the UPC-TOB for all languages with the new fixes as soon as the real patch will be officially released.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 14.5.18

Hey, I would love to translate this mod to Turkish but when I try to open the pack file I am getting an error. How can I see the text and translate it without getting any errors? Which program should I use to open it?
    I currently use PFM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yildizyusuf View Post
    Hey, I would love to translate this mod to Turkish but when I try to open the pack file I am getting an error. How can I see the text and translate it without getting any errors? Which program should I use to open it?
    I currently use PFM.
    Yes you need the newest Pack File Manager and then you can open any UPC_*.pack file. I'll write you a pm soon.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 17.5.18

Hello UPC-TOB users,

The UPC-TOB is currently for the latest official release version of the game as I wrote earlier on this thread. The new beta patch 1 entries aren't included as CA officially stated that the foreign languages aren't yet supported in the beta patch.

I updated these mods:

Addtional German translations by Swiss Halberdier.

Thanks a lot to Yildizyusuf for his new translations of the UPC Turkish.

Enjoy UPC-TOB
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 17.5.18

I don't know where I have write about my issues, so if I'm writing in bad place delete this post.

However I copy UPC_polish to data in TW ToB and I don't have any translation or english text in game, only empty blancet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodziu22 View Post
    I don't know where I have write about my issues, so if I'm writing in bad place delete this post.

However I copy UPC_polish to data in TW ToB and I don't have any translation or english text in game, only empty blancet.
    Yes sure this is the right place to write your feedback. Please re-download the UPC Polish again and place it into the TOB data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia\data

The UPC does only support at the moment the mods which are listed in the section "Current mods support". So for these mods all entries are visible in game. I tested the UPC Polish and I can see all entries.

Which mods do you exactly use?

Hello UPC-TOB users,

The UPC-TOB is currently for the latest official release version of the game as I wrote earlier on this thread. The new beta patch 1 entries aren't included as CA officially stated that the foreign languages aren't yet supported in the
    beta patch.

I updated these mods:

Addtional German translation fixes by Swiss Halberdier. Fixes of the UPC Turkish and UPC Korean regarding the technical order of the entries.

Enjoy UPC-TOB
    Swiss Halberdier

My path is D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia\data <-- there I past upc_polish.pack nonunpacked right?

I tested with mod Unique Units and probably Radious mod and I have blank description and don't have any name of unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodziu22 View Post
    My path is D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia\data <-- there I past upc_polish.pack nonunpacked right?

I tested with mod Unique Units and probably Radious mod and I have blank description and don't have any name of unit.
    Yes if you installed the Steam Games on your Harddrive D:, then this path should be correct and yes put the UPC_Polish.pack there. And set the language in the Steam options of TOB to Polish.

Please check if there is more than one UPC_*.pack file in your data folder. If there are other custom language files from mods in this folder, then you have to delete them as they would conflict.

So I guess there must be another conflicting mod which causes your issues as I didn't received any feedback yet that the UPC mods don't work.

However it could be of course if the modders of the supported mods already included new entries after my latest update, that then there is a blank unit name. But it shouldn't be that absolutely no unit names are displayed for the supported mods.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 25.5.18

Hello UPC-TOB users,

The UPC-TOB is currently for the latest official release version of the game as I wrote earlier on this thread. The new beta patch 1 entries aren't included as CA officially stated that the foreign languages aren't yet supported in the
    beta patch.

I updated these mods with some fixes and new additional entries:

Some information about the German version related to Moon Hoplites Mod. I didn't translated yet all entries as I'm in contact with Moon Hoplite about technical stuff. But all entries are included at least in English and you should see all in game.

Enjoy UPC-TOB
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Thrones of Britannia (UPC-TOB) - updated 1.6.18

Hello UPC-TOB users,

I updated all languages of the UPC-TOB with several fixes and additions related to the supported mods.

Enjoy UPC-TOB
    Swiss Halberdier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast