Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.2 - updated 9.3.11

Do you think it might be possible to have faction specific units? That would really add some variety to the factions - they are a bit samey right now.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    Great to see you working on this, look forward to your work .
    Thanks Pom and nice to see you in Shogun too. Your awesome texturing skills will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    This is what we need: more units, not removing ones currently in the game. Good work.
    Do you think it might be possible to have faction specific units? That would really add some variety to the factions - they are a bit samey right now.
    Hello SoC, yes of course faction specific units are possible.

At the moment it isn't possible to create custom units because several important DB tables aren't accessible yet.

If you could, you should put in like ronin units or something. Basically, mercenary Katana Samurai with less defence but better attack and morale, and they wear kimonos.

Awesome Swiss,looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Thanks Pom and nice to see you in Shogun too. Your awesome texturing skills will be greatly appreciated.

Hello SoC, yes of course faction specific units are possible.

At the moment it isn't possible to create custom units because several important DB tables aren't accessible yet.
    Good news, Swiss. Let's hope you can get at those DB tables sooner rather than later.

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    If you could, you should put in like ronin units or something. Basically, mercenary Katana Samurai with less defence but better attack and morale, and they wear kimonos.
    Isn't a Ronin like a rogue Samurai?

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

There are already ronin units ingame. I think you mean kenin, retainers? Ronin are masterless samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutFred View Post
    There are already ronin units ingame. I think you mean kenin, retainers? Ronin are masterless samurai.
    That's what I meant - masterless Samurai. Would ronin fight alongside 'honourable' Samurai?

When you are able to add units to the game I hope you will release two versions of your mod.

Version 1: Should be a "large" version, which includes new units & does changes to vanilla units, etc.
    Version 2: Should be a "small" version of the mod, which just adds new units to the game but does not do any otherr changes (like adding new tactics to vanilla units, etc.)

I hope for this because personally I always like to have more units available in game but I don't like any other changes (like changes to tactics/AI etc.)

I hope when adding units to the vanilla game becomes available, it's possible to make the female samurai recruitable in the campaign. I like this unit but I'm dissapointed that they are limited as garrison troops (if this becomes availabe, the number for the female samurai should be increased from 45 to at least 90, because with just 45 they wouldn't be very usefull at all, as a "real" unit fighting on the field.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1982 View Post
    When you are able to add units to the game I hope you will release two versions of your mod.

Version 1: Should be a "large" version, which includes new units & does changes to vanilla units, etc.
    Version 2: Should be a "small" version of the mod, which just adds new units to the game but does not do any otherr changes (like adding new tactics to vanilla units, etc.)

I hope for this because personally I always like to have more units available in game but I don't like any other changes (like changes to tactics/AI etc.)

I hope when adding units to the vanilla game becomes available, it's possible to make the female samurai recruitable in the campaign. I like this unit but I'm dissapointed that they are limited as garrison troops (if this becomes availabe, the number for the female samurai should be increased from 45 to at least 90, because with just 45 they wouldn't be very usefull at all, as a "real" unit fighting on the field.)
    I'm usually a historical accuracy nut, but since it appears the unit types were historically very limited, I don't mind a few 'extensions of the truth' here and there.

Default ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.3 - updated 18.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by Peteriscoolz View Post
    Awesome Swiss,looking forward to this.
    Thanks a lot!

Hello flopsies, several additional "Ronin" units are on my tasklist.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1982 View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hello Chris, yes I thought the same about several versions this week. Additionally I will create a "How to customize AUM-SHO" and there will be written how you can remove the "vanilla changes" easily with the Pack File Manager.

Good news, Swiss. Let's hope you can get at those DB tables sooner rather than later.
    I'm usually a historical accuracy nut, but since it appears the unit types were historically very limited, I don't mind a few 'extensions of the truth' here and there.
    No fear... there will be absolutely no Swiss units in there...

Hello to all AUM-SHO players,

today I released AUM-SHO 1.3 and here is the changelog.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- updated the "aum_unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions" table to the release version and the recent patch
    - all Fire Rocket units use "rank_fire"
    - Onna Bushi use "rapid_advance"

I received a lot of pm with questions and suggestions about creating new units and unlocking vanilla units in the campaign. Several important DB tables aren't accessible yet. I will inform you when I can start to mod further.

I send positive thoughts and best wishes to the people of Japan. My deepest condolences to everyone affected by this horrible disaster.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.3 - updated 18.3.11

Swiss +rep from your mate Toon

I have not purchased Shogun 2 yet; I have a rule that until Swiss make his AUM (MWII, Empire, Nap)that is when I will purchase it. Looks like that time is near.

I eagerly await!

I also reccomend adding more variety to ashigaru yari. Yaris didnt always have hooks, and ashigaru didnt always wear farmer hats, they also wore bandana things and zunari helmets. You also put sunburst standards in some units. Yari, matchlock, and yumi Samurai should also have the same attack stats, because all Samurai were very proficient with the katana.

Icon4 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.2 - updated 9.3.11

It's a civil war among the same nation, what did you expect? There are too many types of units in the game, from a historic perspective.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I like the idea of recruitable female units,as recent archaeology has revealed this was indeed the case,as no less than 3 battlefield excavations DNA tests have shown that on the average out of every 100 bodies found upwards of 35 were women...and keep in mind these were field burials not a siege or otherwise

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Is there anyway to make the matchlock monks recruitable?
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

chevalier, it doesnt always mean that they were soldiers. Geisha arent just assasins...

oh, and swiss halberdier, you should add an ability to all units called onigidi (rice balls). They always carried around, so it could increase morale while reducing movement/fatigue speed (They'll get to chubby if they eat to many!)

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

have already modded in loan sword and yari retainers got sick of waiting.