Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight(Spoilers!!!!)

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: The Dark Knight(Spoilers!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by LegionnaireX View Post
    Speaking of the Joker, I can think of one man who may be able to match the intensity of Heath Ledger:

Johny Depp
    No.
    Just no way.

His Joker'd be too comical, weird like. It wouldn't be anywhere near as complete, or as dark as Ledger's. It's just impossible to fill those shoes. Not even a perfect clone of Heath Ledger could fill the real Ledger's Joker shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    I just saw it yesterday, really great movie! It makes me sad that Heath Ledger died, especially since he played his role with such brilliance. (made me laugh a few times too)
    Let me guess, "How about a magic trick?" Wonder how many idiot kids are going to end up in the hospital trying to emulate it for Youtube videos.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Funniest in that twisted sort of way was the magic trick, the nurse thing and the interrogation.

Had so much fun seeing it I want to see it again now...

Quote Originally Posted by danzig View Post
    Let me guess, "How about a magic trick?" Wonder how many idiot kids are going to end up in the hospital trying to emulate it for Youtube videos.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Funniest in that twisted sort of way was the magic trick, the nurse thing and the interrogation.

Had so much fun seeing it I want to see it again now...
    Ya that was one of the better ones.
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Joker was extremely funny.

"I'm like a dog chasing cars..I DUNNO WHAT I'D DO WITH IT IF I CAUGHT ONE!"

And when he asked the guy how many of his men he had killed and then he lipped "SIX!?"
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by MaximiIian View Post
    No.
    Just no way.

His Joker'd be too comical, weird like. It wouldn't be anywhere near as complete, or as dark as Ledger's. It's just impossible to fill those shoes. Not even a perfect clone of Heath Ledger could fill the real Ledger's Joker shoes.
    Oh come on it wasn't that good. Ledger did an excellent job, better than Jack Nicholson. But he's dead now, and if Nolan wants Joker to appear in another film he'll need another actor, and Depp is one of the few that I've seen come close to Ledger's style.

His Joker would be too comical? Ever seen Open Window or Sweeny Todd? Both crazy killers played by Depp.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

I think Depp would be up to the job. He's very adaptable and believable, he wouldn't have to top Heaths performance at all either. If he could come near to it, I'd love it just as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

And when he asked the guy how many of his men he had killed and then he lipped "SIX!?"
    ten actually
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Honestly, there isn't much a point in making another Batman sequel right away. Why you ask? It wouldn't be nearly as good as Dark Knight.

Uh...$$$!!! Not to mention people want another sequel, including me. While The Dark Knight was an excellent film, another film could still be good. I think that Heath Ledger as The Joker pretty much made TDK so all they need for another movie is another awesome performance by a great actor, and this fits well with what you say next and what I will reply.

Think about it, Ras al Ghul, Scarecrow, Joker and Two-Face have already been used; leaving no so many GREAT choices for the realistic Gotham that Nolan has created. Unless Nolan or Goyer can figure a way to put guys like Madhatter, Killer Croc, Bane, Mr. Freeze, Riddler or any of the more 'gimmicky' villains in a hyper realistic context, they would fall flat and ultimately disappoint.

In TDK they showed Harvey Dent's memorial service, not the funeral so they could use him again. Besides, Aaron Eckhart is a great actor in his own right and could make for an excellent antagonist in another Batman movie. Ever seen In the Company of Men?

As many of the comic mythos directors have pointed out, the 2nd film is usually the high point of these franchises, hastily crafting a sequel could result in a Spidey 3, X3 or even a Batman and Robin.

I refuse to see Spiderman 3 after hearing what I've heard about it. I think it's pretty much impossibly to make a Spiderman movie bad if it has Venom in it but obviously somebody screwed it up. X3 wasn't directed by Bryan Singer so it wasn't good, although I thought that Superman Returns was crap.

I've heard a lot of people bring up the Riddler as the villain for a possible sequel, but honestly, I never saw much promise in his characters, at least not as the MAIN antagonist. Ledger's Joker really stole the show, and anyone trying to top that will most likely be a major let down; especially a guy who's criminal plot's are based around riddles. Although this could be a promising premise, Nolan would have to really go with something we havent seen before. They really captured magic in Dark Knight (though not the kind that makes a pencil dissapear) and I feel sorry for the guys who would try to top it.

That's why Two Face would be such a good choice, in my opinion. Aaron Eckhart is a really good actor and Two Face isn't about riddles or mind games. Two Face is about chance and good/bad. We already saw how Batman had to struggle with the good and bad of his character in TDK and Harvey Dent/Two Face is the perfect character to extend that thought.

Although I trust Nolan as a filmaker and co-writer, I just don't really see a reason to come back. Joker would obviosuly have to be recast and Harvey Two Face's case has already been opened and closed. Dark Knight is pretty mucht the end all and be all of Bat flicks, so I'm not really psyched about the prospect of a possibly lower quality film. Do you guys really think they can top this?:hmmm:

While TDK was excellent, it had its flaws. The Joker was awesome but Batman's character wasn't great (although he was much better than Batman Begins). The next film could be centered more around Bruce Wayne/Batman having to cope with everything that happened in TDK, losing Rachel, having a bunch of people die, etc and wondering if he can keep it going as the Batman. I already said that they could recast The Joker easily but they'd have to hardly show him at all.

Nolan has already said he'de never do a Batman film with Robin involved. He also said he wouldnt want to redo villains that we've already seen; but with Two-Face in DK, this may or may not be the rule. Nolan has also publically aired his distaste of the use of CGI, so some villains that rely heavily on that probably wouldnt make the cut. Bale said he'de return if Nolan's involved and Gary Oldman has hinted at a possible sequel only detailing that Batman would be hunted down. What villain could emerge from this? If Nolan is a man of his word that only leaves a few possibilities.

Or someone else could direct it!

Anyways, those are just my thoughts. IGN did a nice breakdown of possible sequel villains in 2 parts. Check it out! They even present possibilities of how Nolan could use these guys.
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/888/888464p1.html
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/891/891521p1.html

I like some of their ideas. The Riddler, Harley Quinn, and Dr. Fries sound like good concepts.

Lord Rahl, I thought you didnt like superhero movies. It must be only the bad ones.

I don't like BAD superhero movies and it is infinitely easier to make a bad superhero movie than a good one...as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Wow Lord Rahl, you thought Ras Al Ghul's plan from Batman Begins was dumb?

It was. Let me sum it up. *ahem*...

Bruce Wayne joins a secret society that sacked Rome, caused the Black Death, and burned London to the ground, but he escapes from it because it turns out that it is evil. So he gets back to Gotham and becomes the Batman because Gotham has gone to . But oh no, the secret society stole a microwave device that turns water to steam! The secret society uses the device to make a crazed psychologist's hallucinogenic liquid become weaponized gas through Gotham's sewer system and let's all the baddies out of Arkham Asylum. Batman has to save the day and then kills Ras Al Ghul at the end even though Batman's character shouldn't do that...

That sounds dumb to me.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

He asked how many of his friends he killed... I don't he lipped "six" but more like a "ee" reflex.
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

I remember six.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

the cop says six, the joker lips ten.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    -Mark Twain

gambit's Avatar Gorak

I'm pretty sure the cop says six and the joker lips six as if he's surprised (obviously he's messing with the guys head)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

I'm going to see it again tomorrow, so I can confirm then
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl View Post
    and then kills Ras Al Ghul at the end even though Batman's character shouldn't do that...
    He didn't kill him. He just didn't save him.
    Besides, Batman killed criminals on occasion in the comics.

He didn't kill him. He just didn't save him.
    Besides, Batman killed criminals on occasion in the comics.
    When (excepting non-canon stories)?

Anyway, TDK has now made an estimated $155 million U.S. domestic, which beats the previous opening weekend record of $151 million set by Spider Man 3. Will it break a billion world wide?

Quote Originally Posted by ajm317 View Post
    When (excepting non-canon stories)?
    Very early Batman.

Anyway, TDK has now made an estimated $155 million U.S. domestic, which beats the previous opening weekend record of $151 million set by Spider Man 3. Will it break a billion world wide?
    I have no doubts that it will.
    And it's #1 on IMDB's top 250, with almost 70,000 votes. Average of 9.7 out of 10, beating The Godfather's 9.2 out of 10. Simply amazing.

If LOTR can win an Oscar, there is no reason this shouldn't.

Oscars all around for this one.

Nolan did well with this one, considering his handful of movies, and especially Memento (which I've still not seen, but heard so much of) that this movie, a Batman movie of all things, could stand so high above everything else this year, even Iron Man, to be the greatest superhero movie of all time, and that's saying something.

Memorable heroes, villains, and outsanding performances all round. This one is pure class and it ain't going down anytime soon.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."

-Immortal Technique

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Last Roman View Post
    the cop says six, the joker lips ten.
    No, no, I remember it distinctly because it was so funny.

The cop says six, and joker is like "SIX?!?!" as in "wow, man that sucks for you guys!"

As for the greatest superhero movie of all time, while I realize that this movie is much more serious and will probably win FAR more awards, I didn't enjoy it any more than Iron Man. I thought they were both amazing representations of the feel of their books, and I felt both are among the top comic movies ever.

I'll get both on DVD and probably watch both several times.
    Last edited by the_mango55; July 21, 2008 at 03:54 PM.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Very early Batman.
    yep, he even used guns in the early comics
    -Mark Twain

I still haven't seen Iron Man...

-Jonathan Swift

-Immortal Technique