Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sponge mod

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Sponge mod

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    Hi, The officer staff bug is known as I wrote some posts before. The mod was from the time before I add officer staff and some other things. The texture issues can have many reasons. I hope I was the only one, who used names like euro_line_infantry2. If not, you will see some more issues. I will do all this things in again. And surely the euro_line_infantry have issues as Toon said.

Please don't forget, its a beta. I released it only now, cause I wanted to show you some things from the mod and to have a backup to save it, so you are my backup . The next release will be a beta too, but with officer staff. I hope the textures will work, which I saved.

What abouot my units? Are they ok? A little feedback please for my soul .
    Yeah understand that it¨s only a beta and was released quickly because of the crash. I did notice another texture issue the other day. Prussian or meaby all curassiers have really wierd faces, looks like some wierd chernobylmutation you might wanna check that out.

About the units. Well the prussians look badass and you have done an amazing job. I like their ponytails, the poms (i do think that austrian infantry had poms aswell?) on the hats and the hatmodel. Prussian hats of the 7 years war where rounded in front and not pointy as the vanilla tricorns (hope u know what i mean). The austrians look badass aswell and so does the poles, britts and bavarians. Guess other major factions like France and Spain could need some work though. Also, i like the new facemodel you use and their wigs. Keep it up!

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    Yeah understand that it¨s only a beta and was released quickly because of the crash. I did notice another texture issue the other day. Prussian or meaby all curassiers have really wierd faces, looks like some wierd chernobylmutation you might wanna check that out.
    All cuirassiers have this issue. I can't overwork mounted units with milkshape. I get always this bug. Parts of the face smelt with spine. You can see, I gave the cuirassiers a new belt. If the World Cup will be over, I will give them new heads and other parts, same for dragoons, which looks in vanilla.

About the units. Well the prussians look badass and you have done an amazing job. I like their ponytails, the poms (i do think that austrian infantry had poms aswell?) on the hats and the hatmodel. Prussian hats of the 7 years war where rounded in front and not pointy as the vanilla tricorns (hope u know what i mean). The austrians look badass aswell and so does the poles, britts and bavarians. Guess other major factions like France and Spain could need some work though. Also, i like the new facemodel you use and their wigs. Keep it up!
    Thanks, thats like a shower for my soul. The austrians are from 1757 and they had no poms at this time (http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...ister_Infantry).

The prussian hat made me crazy. It was very hard to model it. I needed some experience again, cause I modeled last time in Medieval II, so long time ago.

France and Spain will be make. They get new models. I will give them the uniform before 1763, before end of the 7 years war (http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...die_Infanterie). The mod will be name something like "Line Infantry of the 7 Years War" or so. This is my favorite period of uniforms.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Sounds like a good idea to name the mod with something like "units/armies of the 7 years war. About the french, i saw that you made retextures of Masoin du roi and swiss gardes but i think they look more like late 17th century and would probably look better with the same model that u use for normal line infantry.

About Spain, there is an excellent retexture of spanish guards here on the forum that contains a reskin for both mounted and dismounted guards, that texture would look awsome with a bags, poms and a your incredable ponytails.

I also think more regiments would be nice (i know youre probably not into making more units), perhaps "Itzenplitz regiment" or a fuzilier regiment for Prussia (might need a fuzilier hatmodel). And perhaps salm regiment for Austria. More light cavalry (like dragoons) would also be nice.

I also noticed some more issues when trying your mod. Brittish regiments dosn't have ponytails and a prussian infantry regiment (with blue facings) appears black in-game. I realize this might be cuz of the crash. I also noticed some units appears in campaign and a one prussian infantry regiment appears wrong and dosn't have either poms, bags ond other eyecandy (i think this is the "default line infantry", officers (atleast prussian) also appears white. Also, your units are only available at early barracks but i take it that you wheren't finnished with adding units to Grand Campaign.

Also, i'm wondering what's next in scedual for this mod and if spontoons for officers will be added in the future?

Once again, awsome work and keep it up!
    Last edited by ACMilan88; June 20, 2010 at 05:25 AM.

Sounds like a good idea to name the mod with something like "units/armies of the 7 years war. About the french, i saw that you made retextures of Masoin du roi and swiss gardes but i think they look more like late 17th century and would probably look better with the same model that u use for normal line infantry.
    Thats not mine. This units are from KLA. I didn't made something for french. The french wore this old style uniforms until the 7 years war, same as spain.

About Spain, there is an excellent retexture of spanish guards here on the forum that contains a reskin for both mounted and dismounted guards, that texture would look awsome with a bags, poms and a your incredable ponytails.
    Please find them and post the link and I will take a look on them.

I also think more regiments would be nice (i know youre probably not into making more units), perhaps "Itzenplitz regiment" or a fuzilier regiment for Prussia (might need a fuzilier hatmodel). And perhaps salm regiment for Austria. More light cavalry (like dragoons) would also be nice.
    If I would add more rgts, so the release would be 2012 , so I made max 4 + special unit like the ungarish. I want concentrate at first on infantry.

I also noticed some more issues when trying your mod. Brittish regiments dosn't have ponytails and a prussian infantry regiment (with blue facings) appears black in-game. I realize this might be cuz of the crash.
    Yes, there are many issues with the prussians. They got the most bugs after the crash. At first they wanted work anymore , but with the oldest version they work on lowest options. I saw the freiregiment is black. I wonderd it is in in this old version. I must found the texture. Surely the texture is in, but buggy from the crash. Take a look on it. Maybe you find out, whats happaned.
    The britsh doesn't have hang ponytails. They wore them under their hat/mitre. I study the pictures in my book and never saw a ponytail like the prussian one in the 7YW.

I also noticed some units appears in campaign and a one prussian infantry regiment appears wrong and dosn't have either poms, bags ond other eyecandy (i think this is the "default line infantry", officers (atleast prussian) also appears white. Also, your units are only available at early barracks but i take it that you wheren't finnished with adding units to Grand Campaign.
    Campaign . I've add only prussians in the campaign, but this work is lost, so I don't know, which units are there. I never play a campaign with the new units, because no time - work on units or play. Both is not possible.

Also, i'm wondering what's next in scedual for this mod and if spontoons for officers will be added in the future?

Once again, awsome work and keep it up!
    After the World Cup I will start to add normal and gloss, which are not in in this old backup version. I saw many officers, drummers, flagbeareres are not in too, so I will add this too again. Then release the mod again to make the time shorter to wait for the units in the campaign. After this I will see what to do. Surely i will made a fusilier model for the prussians.

Thanks for the big report. With this informations it's easier to find the issues.
    Last edited by joedreck; June 20, 2010 at 06:19 AM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

No prob, just glad i could help. And yes the world cup eats alot of time eh? Annyways, i think you should look around the forum for someone who could help you with adding the units to the game. I think some guy actually offered to do this "in this thread". After all, its hard to find time to do everything yourself.

About the spanish guards, you can find them on this thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=283428) but the DL links are dead. You might need to PM tiyafeh and ask him for promission 1st. Cheers!
    Last edited by ACMilan88; June 20, 2010 at 03:41 PM.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi Joedreck, offers still there mate, I could break them down into faction packs, identify then what is missing/needed
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

@ACMilan88

Yes, we here in Germany have Public Viewing (http://www.titosclub.de/images/news/fussball.jpg). I'm every day more and more tired , but no time to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Hi Joedreck, offers still there mate, I could break them down into faction packs, identify then what is missing/needed
    This is a very nice idea with split them into factions. I'm thankful for every help and this great idea. Please do that and sent me the download link. I will work with this.

@ACMilan88

Yes, we here in Germany have Public Viewing (http://www.titosclub.de/images/news/fussball.jpg). I'm every day more and more tired , but no time to sleep.

This is a very nice idea with split them into factions. I'm thankful for every help and this great idea. Please do that and sent me the download link. I will work with this.
    Hehe yeah i know u germans love your fotball To bad about Serbia but i guess u win the next game

Annyways, i noticed that the militia-unit is missing for prussia in GC (perhaps you have replaced it with something else).

It would also be nice if you could tone down the swedish units to a darker blue colour, i also think the swedish grenadiers would look more realistic with line infantry faces (i think mustasches wasn't very popular among swedish soldiers), just a thought.

Cheers!
    Last edited by ACMilan88; June 21, 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Hehe yeah i know u germans love your fotball To bad about Serbia but i guess u win the next game

Annyways, i noticed that the militia-unit is missing for prussia in GC (perhaps you have replaced it with something else).

It would also be nice if you could tone down the swedish units to a darker blue colour, i also think the swedish grenadiers would look more realistic with line infantry faces (i think mustasches wasn't very popular among swedish soldiers), just a thought.

Cheers!
    Look at the single player for the militia. I hope they are in. They looks gray. They will be add too.

For the swedish I used this one as source: http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...lands_Infantry. I hope the blue is not changed for my units. Surely it could be, that the vanilla units are bright. I will change that.
    I saw until now grenadiers with mustasches and didn't read about other style. Have you any source?

I can't seem to find a good source of swedish grenadiers but i found this some pics from the 7 years war era. The first two is showing Södermanlands regimente but the 1st is from 1756 and the second from 1765. The grenadier hats is from södermanlands regiment aswell /the last one pretty torned out). Also found a some models of swedish grenadiers but their probably not from södermanlands regimente. Hope this helps
    Last edited by ACMilan88; June 22, 2010 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks for the support.

I will start next day to look for things are to do . I hope I'll get the mod ready before release of Rome II .
    If I will get the mod from hammeredalways, I will start to add/change things. At first rename the units to not overwright the vanilla and then add things.

@hammeredalways
    Please contact me, if you start to work on the mod.

Kaunitz's Avatar Centenarius

Hi Joedreck!

Your skins are awesome - the best I've ever seen for Empire, probably "the" optimal skins! Thank you so much for capturing the elegance of 18th century uniforms! I'm definitely going to post some screen shots soon!

Hut ab!
    KAUNITZ PROJECT
    - a modding project for a better representation of XVIIIth century warfare -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaunitz View Post
    Hi Joedreck!

Your skins are awesome - the best I've ever seen for Empire, probably "the" optimal skins! Thank you so much for capturing the elegance of 18th century uniforms! I'm definitely going to post some screen shots soon!

Hut ab!
    Senk ju weri matsch. I always try to do it best. The only thing stop me, is the time, so I try to find the best way between quality and qantity.

Post screenshots is very good comercial .

P.S. Replace this file. This should fix some officers.
    Last edited by joedreck; July 14, 2010 at 03:15 PM.

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Senk ju weri matsch. I always try to do it best. The only thing stop me, is the time, so I try to find the best way between quality and qantity.

Post screenshots is very good comercial .

P.S. Replace this file. This should fix some officers.
    Hi! How do i add the file? I tried the following but i'm not sure that i'm doing it right.

1. DL and unzip Officer file.
    2. Open Spong-pack with PFM.
    3. Click "choose a pack action" and add officer file.

When i do this a window pops up and says that "added files must be in the relative directory or subdirectory". Help is apreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeat View Post
    Hi! How do i add the file? I tried the following but i'm not sure that i'm doing it right.

1. DL and unzip Officer file.
    2. Open Spong-pack with PFM.
    3. Click "choose a pack action" and add officer file.

When i do this a window pops up and says that "added files must be in the relative directory or subdirectory". Help is apreciated.
    Yes, you did it right, but I you should add this file in your Steam/Empire .... data/textures folder. If you don't sure, open sponge mod and extract one texture into your data folder. This will create a texture folder. You will be need it, cause I will surely upload some small things until I wait for hammeredalways.

I saw on pictures, that officers not have a sponton. Can someone confirm? I wonder, cause I use now the same mod as you and I can see them. I don't use any other mods and Empire is fresh installed.

Beta: Prussian Fusilier
    Last edited by joedreck; July 17, 2010 at 07:12 AM.

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

Greetings Joe! Fantastic work my good fellow, the screenshots i've seen make this mod look superior to the majority of the others skin packs out there! Well done! The Prussians in particular look fantastic! Did you make those bicornes Yourself? And they actually Have powdered hair and 18th century pigtails! Wonderful! I've seen a screenshot on the screenshot thread that shows Jarnomiedema's excellent United Provinces retexture troops with military pigtails. Is this due to your mod?
    I'd very much like to download it, but I'd better run what I have installed past you first:
    Jarnomiedema's United Provinces Retexture Light Edition, His 18th century paintings for the in-game event notifications patch, Tan Zhi Han's Bang! Sound FX mod, and the Empire Total Flags Mod. Will it work?
    Many thanks, and once again, great job!
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Horatius View Post
    Greetings Joe! Fantastic work my good fellow, the screenshots i've seen make this mod look superior to the majority of the others skin packs out there! Well done! The Prussians in particular look fantastic! Did you make those bicornes Yourself? And they actually Have powdered hair and 18th century pigtails! Wonderful!
    Yes, I did the tricorns of the prussian and the ponytails too. I did the new bearskin and the mitre.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Horatius View Post
    I've seen a screenshot on the screenshot thread that shows Jarnomiedema's excellent United Provinces retexture troops with military pigtails. Is this due to your mod?
    I'd very much like to download it, but I'd better run what I have installed past you first:
    Jarnomiedema's United Provinces Retexture Light Edition, His 18th century paintings for the in-game event notifications patch, Tan Zhi Han's Bang! Sound FX mod, and the Empire Total Flags Mod. Will it work?
    Many thanks, and once again, great job!
    Yes, thanks for this tipp. This are Jarnomiedema's units. Shame on me, but I played only one time with netherlands in custom battle . I will take the time to cut Jarnomiedema's units for my mod.

Here the first look:
    EDIT: Overworked Guards
    Last edited by joedreck; July 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

Thanks again, Joe! i downloaded it yesterday, and It's very impressive! I noticed a few glitches though. For one thing, When I started up the game, the menu and all the buttons, quotes, etc were in German! Now, While Deutsch is a fine and noble language, I confess I cannot read it. Is this because I didn't put the script thing in the scripts file? (I can't seem locate it.) I just put the data files in the data folder and activated the mod with the mod manager. Also, There were some infantry units with ponytails that were see-through, standard bearers mostly. Quite a few Prussian officers wear white coats with blue facings, regardless of regiment. This can't be correct, can it? Some Westfalian or Wurttemburg line regiments had drummers armed with bugles, that they drummed an invisible drum with. One Prussian regiment, the one with the Latin moniker I believe, were completely black. All guard regiments coats were white with gray facings. In the case of the Dutch, I noticed that their ponytails were see-through while Jaromiedema's mod was activated, but they were complete when I deactivated his mod. However, the orange and blue uniforms appeared again on the drummers and Scots when I did this.
    Playing scenario battles like Rossbach or Brandywine Creek help to reveal these glitches. Overall though, fantastic! I love the marching tunes, your Prussian musketeers are the best I've ever seen (Way to go on those tricorns!) and I lookj forward to having your French units fight under me in my French Campaign!
    Well Done! + rep by all means!
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

Thanks .

As I wrote some post before my hdd is crashed and I can't started windows anymore, but can rescue some parts from it. I don't know why, but the newest versions of the mod didn't work anymore, so I must use the old one, which have this bugs your described. I wondered this old version have so much new things. This was lucky .

The french. Hard stuff. I plan to make them too with uniforms from the 7 YW, but it will need some time, cause first I fix some things.
    Last edited by joedreck; July 19, 2010 at 01:46 AM.

Yes, you did it right, but I you should add this file in your Steam/Empire .... data/textures folder. If you don't sure, open sponge mod and extract one texture into your data folder. This will create a texture folder. You will be need it, cause I will surely upload some small things until I wait for hammeredalways.

I saw on pictures, that officers not have a sponton. Can someone confirm? I wonder, cause I use now the same mod as you and I can see them. I don't use any other mods and Empire is fresh installed.

Beta: Prussian Fusilier
    Looks absolutely fantastic as always mate. Btw how's the progress going on adding this mod to campaign? Are you getting anny help?

Also, in case you wonder about buggs i have a few here:

1. Prussian officers appears white, dunno if your litle officer-file fix this.
    2. Officers have spontoon animations but they dont have anny spontoons, ive tried the spontoon mod aswell.
    3. Saxon guard grenadiers appears black, probably because of your crash.
    4. The prussian infantry regiment with blue facings appears black, also cuz of the crash i guess.
    5. I think i already mentioned the wierd faces on currasiers.

Also, a few nations still have vanilla officers but i guess thats not a bugg.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by ACMilan88; July 19, 2010 at 06:45 AM.