Thread: Blank Victory Conditions-box in the Main Campaign - not in the custom one? Worked yesterday.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Blank Victory Conditions-box in the Main Campaign - not in the custom one? Worked yesterday.

Hello, when starting the mod Warcraft: Total War today i realized that the Main Campaign has a blank box for the victory conditions, while they do show up for the extra custom campaign - yesterday both worked fine but i could have changed things like two projectiles in the EDU or made the rebel faction unplayable afterwards.

But - no matter what i do to revert changes, or if i try to use the text from the FT campaign, the box still remains blank and empty.

I wonder what may cause the box to be empty for one campaign but not for the other?

It doesn't help replacing the files with the old ones.. The box remains empty no matter what i do.

- But in the campaign they have victory conditions. I just can't figure out the reason behind the box being empty, seeing as it worked fine yesterday. I don't know exactly when and how it started to be blank instead of showing the victory conditions in the selection screen..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2019-02-18 18-58-54-859.jpg   kingdoms 2019-02-18 18-58-44-762.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 18, 2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Blank Victory Conditions-box in the Main Campaign - not in the custom one? Worked yesterday.

I had something similar with just the main campaign and found out that it was a typo on my part giving factions the wrong name in the victory conditions file (factions_25 instead of faction_25 etc.). Could that be it?

Default Re: Blank Victory Conditions-box in the Main Campaign - not in the custom one? Worked yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I had something similar with just the main campaign and found out that it was a typo on my part giving factions the wrong name in the victory conditions file (factions_25 instead of faction_25 etc.). Could that be it?
    I don't think that is the case because i replaced the win conditions with both the working custom one, and the older - and the issue wasn't fixed.

No matter what changes i do to that file - the box remains empty?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

It got fixed when i added similar economical lines to the descr_strat as in my FT-campaign. So the issue was lines in the descr_strat of the Main campaign.

- The Havamal

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    It got fixed when i added similar economical lines to the descr_strat as in my FT-campaign. So the issue was lines in the descr_strat of the Main campaign.
    Please explain, what are 'economical' lines? If you are talking about the 'section dividers' - those are commented lines and as the name suggests have no influence on the game. They will mess up stuff if they are NOT commented, which I guess might have been the problem.

I once ran in circles for a while until I realized that I inadvertently had saved in a wrong format with Notepad++ Should be 'Windows (CR LF) ANSI' - see bottom right of the application. Never found out what had happened, but then I have seen stranger things when modding
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 24, 2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Please explain, what are 'economical' lines? If you are talking about the 'section dividers' - those are commented lines and as the name suggests have no influence on the game. They will mess up stuff if they are NOT commented, which I guess might have been the problem.

I once ran in circles for a while until I realized that I inadvertently had saved in a wrong format with Notepad++ Should be 'Windows (CR LF) ANSI' - see bottom right of the application. Never found out what had happened, but then I have seen stranger things when modding
    I changed the starting money for all the factions and somehow it messed up the win conditions. After i changed it to the same as in the other campaign, the winning conditions became visible again.

- The Havamal

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I am starting to think that you have a hidden formatting issue in descr_strat, there is no way that changing starting money can have the effect you are describing. If you are using Notepad++ then open the file for a change with the default Notepad application and then 'save as' txt file with ANSI in the drop box.
    If that doesn't help then apply withwnar's EOL correction with Notepad++'s search function:

Find: ([^\r])(\n)
    Replace: \1\r\n

It requires the 'Extended' search mode