Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Herodotus was a Turk (come deb8 me m8)

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Icon6 Herodotus was a Turk (come deb8 me m8)

As we all know, the ancient historian Herodotus was born in Halicarnassus, Anatolia, which is now the site of modern-day Bodrum, Turkey. Therefore, Herodotus was a Turk, not a Greek! He was born within the modern-day boundaries of Turkey, and if he was born there today, he'd be a Turkish citizen. I rest my case. Checkmate, atheists.

For those foolish enough to try and refute my ironclad reasoning, you may present your losing arguments below this OP.

On a side note, the Turks also built those ancient steppe pyramids you see in China, certainly not the ancient Han Chinese for their Western Han emperors (despite them being buried there with typical Han-era Chinese grave goods). That's a false flag op invented by the Illuminati in collusion with Israel to defame the Turks.

Oh, and he who shall never be questioned, Lord Erdogan, has imparted the great truth and undeniable fact that Muslims discovered America first, before Columbus. I'd say it's a safe bet that those Muslims were Turks and not Arabs!

And if you don't agree with any one of these points then, well, I think you know which way leads you towards the exit (from my thread).

Also, your fez cap must be at least this height and diameter before you can even be considered allowed to post here:

Default Re: Herodotus was a Turk (come deb8 me m8)

They probably also invented the turbine first.

Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Wrong!

He was... Hitit Türkler. http://www.yolunezeli.com/?tag=hitit-turkleri
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Everybody knows Herodotus was Macedonian. Or was he Albanian? Definitely Hungarian like Jesus
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Ironically, even until the early 20th century, it was widely believed that the Sumerians, justifiably credited as the people who created the first civilization, were of Turkic origin, due to supposed similarities between their language (which still remains unclassified) and the Altaic family. Anyway, the alleged Greek nationality of Herodotus is a filthy lie, fabricated by malevolent ultra-nationalists. In reality, Herodotus was a proud subject of the Persian Emperor, obediently paying his taxes to the Lydian satrap and generally fulfilling his duties as a responsible Achaemenid citizen. Even his name is typically Iranian; Herodotus, like Datis, Pherendates, Madates, Spithridates, Dataphernes and so many other servants of the Great King. Seriously, though, the sound similarity between Herodotus and, for example, Spithridates is probably not random. Dāta in Old Persian could also mean "given", exactly like the Greek word "δοτός". Forget nationalities, they are the scars disfiguring Earth's face, we are all Aryan brothers!

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Ironically, even until the early 20th century, it was widely believed that the Sumerians, justifiably credited as the people who created the first civilization, were of Turkic origin, due to supposed similarities between their language (which still remains unclassified) and the Altaic family. Anyway, the alleged Greek nationality of Herodotus is a filthy lie, fabricated by malevolent ultra-nationalists. In reality, Herodotus was a proud subject of the Persian Emperor, obediently paying his taxes to the Lydian satrap and generally fulfilling his duties as a responsible Achaemenid citizen. Even his name is typically Iranian; Herodotus, like Datis, Pherendates, Madates, Spithridates, Dataphernes and so many other servants of the Great King. Seriously, though, the sound similarity between Herodotus and, for example, Spithridates is probably not random. Dāta in Old Persian could also mean "given", exactly like the Greek word "δοτός". Forget nationalities, they are the scars disfiguring Earth's face, we are all Aryan brothers!
    Exactly, every dotus... is an Aryan, including Apollodotus. And the whole world is Areianē.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    They probably also invented the turbine first.

I bet those whirling dervishes could generate a great deal of electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    Wrong!

He was... Hitit Türkler. http://www.yolunezeli.com/?tag=hitit-turkleri
    It goes without saying that the ancient Hittites were Turks, not this Indo-European nonsense touted by so-called academics in their university high towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Everybody knows Herodotus was Macedonian. Or was he Albanian? Definitely Hungarian like Jesus
    And Macedonians were clearly Slavs. Henceforth he is to be known as an abominable Slavic Turk.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    I can't believe Wikipedia would peddle such lies that the Achaemenids were Persians, when they were clearly descended from great Turks and Turkish heroes from the Sumerian period. For instance, the glorious Turk commonly known as Gilgamesh, yet his real Turkish name was GÜLBAHAR.

He could be American.

Hero.us ...

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Herodotos is small fish. Go for Homer; obviously a turk called Omar
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    He could be American.

Hero.us ...
    Nice....!
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Herodotos is small fish. Go for Homer; obviously a turk called Omar
    OMG! THIS! ^

Ömer was the greatest Turkic storyteller of all time, yet he was simply recounting the Turkic history of Mycenae (or should I say Miken). I have with me documents yet unpublished showing the true Turk names of all the heroes of the Iliad and Odyssey. For instance, the titular hero Odysseus, whose real Turk name was ÖZGÜR!!!

Yet I lack the resources to publish my documents! And the wicked academic community has conspired with Illuminati and Israel to block my publications. I need you, the faithful readers, to help crowdfund my publication so that the world will know the truths. More to come on that! Just you wait and see!

Twenty eight seasons, no end in sight.

Herodotus was a Jew. He was the ancestor of the Herodian royal dynasty that ruled over Judea. It's a well-known fact his real birthplace was somewhere in Judea.

According to Lucianos of Samosata, Homer himself says he was from Babylon. He says that when the narrator meets him in the island of the blessed, right after they go past the city of lamps and seeing again the Nephelocentaurs. It is all a true story

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

I was going to make a hilarious joke about discussing other members outside of admin forums, but it turns out there is no member registered to TWC with the username "Herodotus".

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

He was Klingon anyway. Like Shakespeare. Have you read Hamlet in the Klingon original?
    taH pagh taHbe'. DaH mu'tlheghvam vIqelnIS.
    quv'a', yabDaq San vaQ cha, pu' je SIQDI'?
    pagh, Seng bIQ'a'Hey SuvmeH nuHmey SuqDI',
    'ej, Suvmo', rInmoHDI'? Hegh. Qong --- Qong neH ---
    'ej QongDI', tIq 'oy', wa'SanID Daw''e' je
    cho'nISbogh porghDaj rInmoHlaH net Har.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Klingon is ofc only space-Turkish.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

In addition to Herodotus, Alexander the Great was a Macedonian...a Macedonian Slav! Alexander III of Macedon is called "the Great" because he was the greatest Slav who ever lived. But let's not kid ourselves, his proper name was rendered Aleksandar Golemiot:

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Klingon is ofc only space-Turkish.
    Turks discovered the Americas and were the first to reach space, despite claims about Soviets by clearly anti-Turk Russians.

I will go to the ends of the earth to find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    In addition to Herodotus, Alexander the Great was a Macedonian...a Macedonian Slav! Alexander III of Macedon is called "the Great" because he was the greatest Slav who ever lived. But let's not kid ourselves, his proper name was rendered Aleksandar Golemiot:

Not only was Alexander the great slavic macedonian, but in fact Alexander translated to "greatest of slavs" in proto-slavic macedonian

Best Mac city: Skopje

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast