Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Are you using FOE 1.0 or FOE 1.1, whichever it is you will also need the FOE 1.3 patch.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    What does the error message say? Could you maybe provide a screen shot of it?
    There is not something specific that the error massage says, it only says that we are sorry but the program will now exit due to an error etc.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    Are you using FOE 1.0 or FOE 1.1, whichever it is you will also need the FOE 1.3 patch.

Yes i have installed the 1.3 patch the same error
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Tiro
    Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium (CCAA)

It seems that there are problems to load some FOE files after the game 'started'. I hope something didn't went wrong during the installation or the download! (File size of FOE 1.1: 681.395 KB) . Just an idea: Is your FOE-button linked to the correct directory?" C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:FOE -show_err (in the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War") Hope I could help you a bit..
    Last edited by Tarusinas; May 29, 2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: adding a screenshot

I had similar problems when installing from the disks. The problem is when you accept the default installation options.
    The installation ends up split between Program Files and the (x86) Program Files directories.

this is what I did:-
    Goto your (x86) Program Files directory and create a folder called Rome Total War.

When installing RTW, make sure you install the game here.
    Once I had done that, everything else worked fine.

Let me know how you get on.
    Semi-Retired RTR Developer and Researcher
    Dont get into a fight if there is nothing to win

Hi,

First of all let me thank everyone involved with this mod, it is fantastic.

Unfortunately I have come across a bug. This hasn't happened before with the original game or RTR PE, so hopefully you guys can help.

I am about 10-15 turns in with my Epirote game and when I click end turn it gets to the Roman turn and then crashes to desktop with no messages.

After starting the game 5 times (due to not understanding the economy and influence systems and running the empire into the ground) I'm not sure I can face starting all over again only for this to keep happening.

Is this a know bug with a fix or is there some way I can post a system log to help identify the problem?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Bedgar; June 04, 2010 at 03:25 AM.

You could upload a copy of your save game for the testers to have a look at.
    Make sure you have the latest version of FOE, there were issues with earlier versions causing ctd's

It's defiantly the latest version, I only downloaded and installed it a week ago.

Here is the saved game. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks Bedgar, we will get back to you so as we have taken a look.

Welcome to the forums

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

Hello, got myself a little problem with RTR which I seem to share with my other mod XGM.

Whenever I click on one of the empire icons and start the campaign, it switches back to the single player menu.

I've RTW version 1.6 . Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Quote Originally Posted by cupoftea View Post
    Hello, got myself a little problem with RTR which I seem to share with my other mod XGM.

Whenever I click on one of the empire icons and start the campaign, it switches back to the single player menu.

I've RTW version 1.6 . Sorry if this question has been asked before.
    Which RTR mod are you playing?

If it's RTR FOE then it uses the BI (Barabrian Invasion) expansion and needs to be patched to 1.6.
    Will dance for Bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedgar View Post
    It's defiantly the latest version, I only downloaded and installed it a week ago.

Here is the saved game. Any help is greatly appreciated
    Did you install the 1.3 patch as well?

Yes, its V1.3.

Hey, guys. I still haven't figured out what's wrong with my installation, but I'm wondering if the problem might have to do with Vista. Over at the Europa Barbarorum forum, it's strongly advised to not install the game in Program Files, but in the user directory. I had FOE installed in my Program Files(x86). Should I try to install FOE in my user directory?

Quote Originally Posted by Trablo View Post
    Hey, guys. I still haven't figured out what's wrong with my installation, but I'm wondering if the problem might have to do with Vista. Over at the Europa Barbarorum forum, it's strongly advised to not install the game in Program Files, but in the user directory. I had FOE installed in my Program Files(x86). Should I try to install FOE in my user directory?
    Try right clicking the shortcut and click 'run as administrator' if you've installed it in the program files.
    That said, it might be worthwhile to install in your user directory if that doesn't work.
    Will dance for Bacon.

Make sure when you install RTW, that you point to the folder where you want to install. Letting it use the defaults "may" cause issues with some files being put into Program Files, and some going to (x86) Program Files

I had no further issues installing BI once I had done this

Civis

This may be out of place but I can't find anywhere else to post it. I'm trying to install my copy of RTW Gold ed but the installer says ther's an earlier version detected which must be unistalled first. Thing is - there's no RTW file (activision, sega, or creative assembly) located anywhere on my computer EXCEPT in Add/Remove programs where there is the title but no Mbs recorded. Can any one help me here.

Cheers

Use the add remove programs to remove traces of the game on your computer.
    You should be able to install again after that

Civis

Thanks for quick reply, but, sorry, I forgot to mention that when I click 'on remove' the (un)install wizard starts but stops after a couple of seconds. just wont go away. hmmm.

Check you Program Files folder to see if there are any Rome Total War folders still knocking around there.
    Apart from that, its probably going to require a registry cleaner of some kind to remove all traces of it before you can re-install

The only other thing you might be able to try is running the install directly from the disk.

Good Luck