Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1

Add file/s function doesnt work in latest PFM, removed table and wanted to add new one and got error always.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Add file/s function doesnt work in latest PFM, removed table and wanted to add new one and got error always.
    See, this is the reason I'd like to have some testers to check the new versions before I release them so I don't have to upload an update a few hours after the last one. The Add File works fine if you use MyMods which is what I tested; I can't possibly try out all functions in all possible configuration variations.

Anyway, uploaded bug fix 2.1.1
    - Fixing Add File for non-MyMod managed packs
    - Fixing modification indication for added files
    - Adding save query for modified packs on New File
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.1

error
    Last edited by kungfuserge; April 24, 2012 at 04:55 AM.

error

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuserge View Post
    CTD occurs each time you change Unit_stat_land 1° Officer ; 2° Animation ; 3° Weapons
    Doesn't for me. I presume you mean "Animation Table" and "Melee Weapons"; I was able to edit and change all three without a problem, also save and reload.

Does anybody else have the problem kungfuserge describes?
    Last edited by daniu; April 23, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I need some help here. I am not a newbie at modding TW, my first modding was with the original MTW and I have been doing at least slight mods (i.e. stats editing, scripts editing, adding custom units) to every TW since, though mostly for my own use.

But since the latest update I have hit a brick wall in modding S2TW. After FOTS release I had just modded the latest patch.pack directly to get to know the files and their structure anew but now I wanted to create a separate .pack file with PFM as I had done earlier in ETW and NTW.

But I cannot get any mod of mine to work, regardless of whether I save the .pack file as a movie type pack or as a mod type pack and add the user script with mod modname.pack; under username/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Shogun2/scripts. The mods simply don't take, the only results I get are found under username/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Shogun2/logs where the log "modified.text" lists my mod packs as "unknown file". I haven't ever experienced this in using PFM before and get the same problem regardless of using 2.06 or 2.11. I am running a Windows 7 machine. Do I need to change other settings or modify anything else to get the game to load my separate pack files either as mods or movies? Does Windows 7 hamper the pack type change in saving with PFM?

Installer: http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/Pack_File_Manager_2_1_1.zip

Sorry daniu, did not get around to test the new version. Not working on modding S2 at the moment.

error

Quote Originally Posted by TBR001 View Post
    regardless of whether I save the .pack file as a movie type pack or as a mod type pack and add the user script with mod modname.pack; under username/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Shogun2/scripts. The mods simply don't take, the only results I get are found under username/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Shogun2/logs where the log "modified.text" lists my mod packs as "unknown file".
    Doesn't sound like you do anything wrong... can't think of anything, sorry. Using Win7 myself so that's not it.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuserge View Post
    Still no copy/past row from one pack to the other ?
    No, how would it magically appear since you first brought it up two days ago? Your tone doesn't really help your case either tbh.
    TSV files are added not replacing to the original file , so that need to open another PFM (older version like the old 2.7 ) in order to create the new file
    I'm confused as to what you're doing anyway. If you export to tsv, you'll be editing those in a spreadsheet editor which should know copy/paste of rows. And if before importing the TSV you clear the db table by pressing Ctrl-A, then Delete, that's the same as replacing the data.

Quote Originally Posted by AveiMil View Post
    Installer: http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/Pack_File_Manager_2_1_1.zip
    Sorry daniu, did not get around to test the new version. Not working on modding S2 at the moment.
    Updated OP to link to the installer. Not blaming you for not having time to test.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Ok sorry ; forget about it ; it's just the way I am ; I wont write any more anything .

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this Please point me in the right direction if so.

Rookie questions:

I am trying to make new units, nothing to heavy just stuff based on the existing units in game (i.e. making Chosokabe Bow Cavalry, Shimazu Katana Cavlry)

I have exported to tsv the unit_descriptions.loc file from my .pack db, but when I try to bring it back in it brings it back in as a .tsv not as a .loc and the PFM wont read it. It gets into my list fine, but when you click on the unit_descriptions the viewing window stays blank. I have had a hunt around here for a tsv/loc converter but nothing i have tried works.

I have also seen it mentioned that editing tsv's with a spread sheet does not work, however I have been doing this all day and the PFM adds back in the tsv files fine. Used both Microsoft Office Excel and Open Office Calc. Game crashes when I try open it with my (movie) .pack, no message just dumps me to desktop and when I open Shogun again I have to select which DirectX I want to use, and pick which open option I want from steam (i.e. play game, dx9 benchmark, dx11 benchmark, cpu benchmark etc). Before hand I assumed this was because I simply didnt complete the unit name and unit description .loc's but after seeing somewhere that spread sheets were a no-no for tsv editing I am now not so sure that is the cause.

This is a bit horrible because the editing functionality of the PFM, with all due respect, is pretty bad. Using Excel or calc makes this much faster and smoother. Is there a way of 'cleaning' a spread sheet edited tsv?

----
    Other questions:

In the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions db, if a unit is to be available for all factions (i.e. say katana ashugaru) it is not nessesary to put any entry at all in for that unit correct?
    There would however be an entry in units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions - version 0 for the unit using the group 'japan'. This should make the unit available for all clans, then to stop a particular clan from using the unit you would put a 'FALSE' entry for the unit and whatever clan you dont want to have it in units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions db.

Final question: What is the group name for the Hattori clan? I cant seem to find it anywhere in the other packs.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    I am trying to make new units, nothing to heavy just stuff based on the existing units in game (i.e. making Chosokabe Bow Cavalry, Shimazu Katana Cavlry)
    Well for any questions going more into detail, you're better off here. But:

I have exported to tsv the unit_descriptions.loc file from my .pack db, but when I try to bring it back in it brings it back in as a .tsv not as a .loc and the PFM wont read it.
    You are using the "Import TSV" button from the loc file editor though, aren't you?
    You can't use the "Add->Import TSV" from the menu. Try the other way, that should work.

I have also seen it mentioned that editing tsv's with a spread sheet does not work, however I have been doing this all day and the PFM adds back in the tsv files fine. Used both Microsoft Office Excel and Open Office Calc.
    Of course editing TSVs with a spreadsheet works, that's what the Export/Import is there for.
    When the game crashes with your pack, you probably missed something there.

Is there a way of 'cleaning' a spread sheet edited tsv?
    Ctrl-A, Delete?

In the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions db, [...]
    That's stuff you better ask in the thread I linked above.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects has odd values in the first column. All negative values are wrong. For example instead of -1 it shows me "4294967295"? If I try to change it into -1 I get a data grid error.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Well for any questions going more into detail, you're better off here. But:

You are using the "Import TSV" button from the loc file editor though, aren't you?
    You can't use the "Add->Import TSV" from the menu. Try the other way, that should work.
    I was using the db tree on the left to navigate to the existing .loc in my .pack, opening the existing.loc in the viewing window and using the "import tsv" button up the top. This caused PFM to spit out an error. The other way i tried was to right click on the db tree and straight 'Add' the units_desc.tsv as a file/directory which is how i got it into the .packfile without an error message but, it doesnt display.

Of course editing TSVs with a spreadsheet works, that's what the Export/Import is there for.
    When the game crashes with your pack, you probably missed something there.
    Ah good, that makes me feel better, I had spent all day creating these dbs and was not looking forward to the prospect of them all being KIA. The post I saw that mentioned not using spreadsheets was from halfway through 2011, so will have been for previous version of the PFM.

Ctrl-A, Delete?
    haha to be clear I ment is there a way of 'washing out' whatever infection the tsv picks up by editing it with a spreadsheet, without losing the data in the tsv. Although ctrl+A Delete would do the trick.

That's stuff you better ask in the thread I linked above.
    Thanks for your time and help. Expect more stupid questions at some point, im sure I will be able to find somthing relevant to bother you about eventually
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    Campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects has odd values in the first column. All negative values are wrong. For example instead of -1 it shows me "4294967295"? If I try to change it into -1 I get a data grid error.
    Ugh, thanks for letting me know. This is an old issue having snuck back in... I'll fix it next release.

I was using the db tree on the left to navigate to the existing .loc in my .pack, opening the existing.loc in the viewing window and using the "import tsv" button up the top. This caused PFM to spit out an error.
    This actually works for me; editing a .loc file I export, then load and edit with OpenOffice is imported back mostly fine. The only issue there is is that the checkmarks are all unchecked (last column).
    What error do you get?

The other way i tried was to right click on the db tree and straight 'Add' the units_desc.tsv as a file/directory which is how i got it into the .packfile without an error message but, it doesnt display.[...]The post I saw that mentioned not using spreadsheets was from halfway through 2011, so will have been for previous version of the PFM.
    Yes, that will just add it into the pack as a tsv file.
    I did improve the tsv import/export a lot actually, but only for db files, not locs...

is there a way of 'washing out' whatever infection the tsv picks up by editing it with a spreadsheet, without losing the data in the tsv
    Yes there is (probably, depending on what your issue is exactly); for me at least using OpenOffice. Most of the time, the import gets confused with those quotes surrounding the cells which get added by OO when saving; I don't know if Excel does the same.
    Like I said, my problem was that the "True" in the last column didn't get imported properly. I could avoid that by opening the tsv in a text editor before importing it, and replace all occurances of "True" by True (i.e., get rid of the quote signs around it). If you have additional problems, you can also try removing all leading quotes, and search all quote-tab-quote occurances and replace them by tab only.
    Last edited by daniu; April 25, 2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

This actually works for me; editing a .loc file I export, then load and edit with OpenOffice is imported back mostly fine. The only issue there is is that the checkmarks are all unchecked (last column).
    What error do you get?
    See image for the error message. I can import tsv's as you say into the units.loc db, but the units_description_texts.loc always causes the error message. There are weird things getting put into the text when it is exported n\n\ can be seen in the image marked in the red circle, I thought that perhaps these were failed conversions for the || seperator but they also still seem to be there, also marked in red.

The ||'s are the seperator between the pages of the tool tips correct?

Yes, that will just add it into the pack as a tsv file.
    I did improve the tsv import/export a lot actually, but only for db files, not locs...

Point taken, and never mind since the import tsv method does actually work when it converts properly.

Yes there is (probably, depending on what your issue is exactly); for me at least using OpenOffice. Most of the time, the import gets confused with those quotes surrounding the cells which get added by OO when saving; I don't know if Excel does the same.
    Like I said, my problem was that the "True" in the last column didn't get imported properly. I could avoid that by opening the tsv in a text editor before importing it, and replace all occurances of "True" by True (i.e., get rid of the quote signs around it). If you have additional problems, you can also try removing all leading quotes, and search all quote-tab-quote occurances and replace them by tab only.

I had a similar issue with open office opeing up any column that had a space in it, it would change a ' ' to a '\ ' so every space would also have a slash just before it, and i solved it by using find all and replace all . I now use Microsoft Office trial which has an annoying 'put a serial number in me' window every time it opens, but atleast no more slashes.
    ----------------------

The exception looks like it's caused by the last line, "fickle piper".
    The import expects three columns (the last one being True or False); if there are only two, the "index (three) is out of bounds (two)".
    The "\n"s you marked are removed by the import; the || is probably a special indication to mark a return... did you do this with Word? OpenOffice doesn't do that.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I havent messed around with PFM and modding units since about the time of ETW release.

Downloaded the latest version today(2.1.1). When I go to unit/stats/land_tables in Radious Compilation Mod and click on any file in there I get the following error:

"The following exception occurred int he dataGridView:

System.ArgumentException: DataGridViewComboxCell value is not valid.

To replace this default dialog please handle the DataError event."
    Last edited by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus; April 26, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

The exception looks like it's caused by the last line, "fickle piper".
    The import expects three columns (the last one being True or False); if there are only two, the "index (three) is out of bounds (two)".
    The "\n"s you marked are removed by the import; the || is probably a special indication to mark a return... did you do this with Word? OpenOffice doesn't do that.
    That could be it, when i was importing to the units.loc i had 'fickle piper sandwich' so i would definitely know when the file worked. the sandwich would get turned to the checkbox, which was unchecked like you said it would be. It was also 1am here for me so i shouldnt have been operating this heavy machinery.

I was doing this with Excel, as Open Office gives me a \ with every space (so ' ' turns into '\ '). This could just be my set up of OO, i installed it only last week on my sandbox computer
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus View Post
    I havent messed around with PFM and modding units since about the time of ETW release.

Downloaded the latest version today(2.1.1). When I go to unit/stats/land_tables in Radious Compilation Mod and click on any file in there I get the following error:

"The following exception occurred int he dataGridView:

System.ArgumentException: DataGridViewComboxCell value is not valid.

To replace this default dialog please handle the DataError event."
    To fix this, keep hitting enter until the table fully loads (i.e. say continue dont let the PFM close) eventually it will get to the bottom of the table. Then up the top of the PFM there is a checkbox for comboboxes. Uncheck this.

the combo box has the PFM compare multiple table columns together, like the Unit ID Ref columns. So if you try to open a db like 'units_land_stats' with a unit that has a Unit ID Ref that is not in another table like 'units' (if it is the first time that Unit ID Ref occurs in the pack file) then the PFM will give you that error message.

Dainu will be able to say more, but i suspect it is to be used as a backstop or checking mechanism by the PFM to make sure you have all of the entries you need. Not every column has a combo box however.
    ----------------------