Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Default Re: Fallout 4

Quote Originally Posted by mike^_^ View Post
    It's a huge problem. Even in New Vegas, you can head into a run-down gas station or something, and there's fresh water sitting there all bottled up. Yeah right.. everything would be picked clean, even in the "tame" and somewhat civilized wasteland of New Vegas.
    I agree there, mostly it should all be empty, saving places that are currently occupied by people, random stashes of stuff in forgotten boxes is a little weird, especially after 200 years when it would all of either been looted or turned bad.

The best way of getting stuff should really be slitting some traders throat in the night.

One thing that helps rectify this is the NV Interiors Project, in certain aspects. For one, it vastly increases the amount of buildings you can go in and prospect, however for example, earlier today I got sidetracked exploring some of the buildings, except there were people in side, instead of enemies, so pretty much any of the items of value were marked as "owned", so to take them would be considered theft and you'd have to kill them. Really nice way to explain why there's all these goodies laying around in buildings.
    Will have to add that mod to my list.

There's so much more in the NV Interiors Project, it's right behind Project Nevada, and FOOK as far as necessary mods. I also, highly recommend Increased Wasteland Spawns, and WARZONES... and Nevada Skies.. and Flora Overhaul... and NMC texture pack ... and I'll just stop
    I've always used increased spawns with marts mutant mods, infact I've anything my spawns are way high, the corridors are choked with corpses whenever i come across ghouls... no marts mutant mod for new vegas is basically why I don't play new vegas.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

I always wondered about a new setting where you start as a battered on-the-run Enclave grunt and then build the story around it.

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Barristan Selmy View Post
    I always wondered about a new setting where you start as a battered on-the-run Enclave grunt and then build the story around it.
    I think they should avoid giving the main character direct ties with large factions at the start.
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Well, combine Enclave with Chicago and you could just state that you're the last remaining Enclave grunt from that Out post who survived the Midwest Brotherhood's entrance into the region.

Sets you up for discovering the area as Enclave children are raised in isolation and immediately confronts you with the fact that the MW Brotherhood aren't your friendly neighbourhood watch.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogDavis View Post
    I think they should avoid giving the main character direct ties with large factions at the start.
    I disagree, it would be quite interesting, particularly if one has several starts, and a choice of factions(that you don't have to stick with) it would be interesting, say starting as someone within the enclave, and basically being told there the good guys and everyone else is the bad guys, or vice versa with another faction.

I'd like to play as enclave, I can't say that enough, and that only works if you start as enclave, plus the dubious morality + morality being subjective depending on who you start with would be cool, I'd like to play the enclave guy that's all propaganda'd out.

Plus alternative starts is a mod that appears for every single Bethesda game they make on that engine.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    badge wearer

I think tying the music to the setting is very important in fallout and one of the things new Vegas did best.

2 options that might be interesting, fallout 4 set in New Orleans with a heavily jazz influenced soundtrack, or set in Detroit with an early Motown soundtrack.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    I think tying the music to the setting is very important in fallout and one of the things new Vegas did best.

2 options that might be interesting, fallout 4 set in New Orleans with a heavily jazz influenced soundtrack, or set in Detroit with an early Motown soundtrack.
    It's probably just me but when I think Detroit I think The Stooges and MC5.
    -Jimmy Neutron

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

YES!

As I've said, please let it be New Orleans or Florida/Cuba (Cuba can be a later DLC - and yes, Cuba would still be "American". Fallout's theme would still be there, alive. Cuba never fell to the communists in the Fallout universe, and if I'm not mistaken it was pretty much an American territory).

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Relvas View Post
    Cuba never fell to the communists in the Fallout universe.
    I need to see some citation.
    -Jimmy Neutron

Well go to Falloutwiki or something, I have more than that to do.

sickpeople's Avatar Semisalis

i just hope it is set in east coast, because i dont want Bethesda to ruin the whole lore in the west.
    Boston would be fine, maybe NYC or Florida?
    Im still waiting for true Fallout 4 made by Obsidian. (if Bethesda allows them to make another one)

Idiots, Idiots never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Relvas View Post
    Well go to Falloutwiki or something, I have more than that to do.
    There isn't an article on Cuba on the Fallout wiki
    -Jimmy Neutron

There isn't an article on Cuba on the Fallout wiki
    Then google those Fallout loading screens. I'm pretty sure a newspaper article had some mention on that.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO FIGHT DA GOOD FIGHT WITH THREE DAWG AND THE BROTHERHOOD OF GOODGUYS
    -Jimmy Neutron

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

I feel bad for Bethesda sometimes when it comes to satisfying Fallout fans.

Well they could always improve their writing. Morrowind and a couple of quests in Oblivion and Skyrim show that they're capable of it. My inclination is that they've been getting a bit lazy lately.

It's not that hard to please most Fallout fans, I think; you just have to write well and respect existing lore -- something that Obsidian had no trouble at all doing in New Vegas.

Protector Domesticus

Its only hard to please them in expectations no matter what you do they will still buy your games and enjoy them but will about what things are lacking/changed in both gameplay and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by SLN445 View Post
    Its only hard to please them in expectations no matter what you do they will still buy your games and enjoy them but will about what things are lacking/changed in both gameplay and Lore.
    I honestly didn't enjoy 3 at all. The Capitol Wasteland was boring to walk in, and the gampeplay mechanics weren't fun either.
    -Jimmy Neutron

Protector Domesticus

I honestly didn't enjoy 3 at all. The Capitol Wasteland was boring to walk in, and the gampeplay mechanics weren't fun either.

I found it fun, did get samey after a while expecially after the 100th sewer but was still entertaining. Did enjoy the landscape of NV a great deal more but it had been ruined by Fallout 3 since it felt like the next part of the same game.

Still bought it didnt you?