Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Oh good, you managed to get them to ride those crabs!

If I'm not mistaken, I once suggested that to you and you said it was the original intention with the crabs, and the only reason Lanayru had horse riders was because you were not able to get them onto the crabs.
    Does this mean the horse riders will be scrapped in favor of (non-archer) crab riders? It'd probably be for the best in order to make the faction more unique.
    I agree the current light cavalry for the lanayru are severely underpowered, perhaps neph could add to their stats and include close combat battlecrab riders as heavy cavalry, replacing the standard battlecrab units
    I shall consume... consume everything

Quebecman's Avatar Libertus

It will be great a crab calvary heavy or ligth. armed with a sword and bow or a heavy lance with a one-handed axe.

If I'm not mistaken, I once suggested that to you and you said it was the original intention with the crabs, and the only reason Lanayru had horse riders was because you were not able to get them onto the crabs. Does this mean the horse riders will be scrapped in favor of (non-archer) crab riders? It'd probably be for the best in order to make the faction more unique.
    It might be best if both are kept, but have slightly different stats. It could be done so that you can only get the Crab-Cavalry in territories featuring lakes or oceans, whilst the Horse-Cavalry would be available in the other territories. It could possibly be editted so that more Hylians will be on the Horses than Zora/Half-Zora's and that more Zora's/Half-Zora's will be on the crabs than Hylians. Possibly even the Crab cavalry could be slower but more powerful, leading to the Horse cavalry acting more as a light unit for swift harassment

It'd add a bit of uniqueness to the Labrynnan's, and also give them some more options on the battlefield.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Does this mean the horse riders will be scrapped in favor of (non-archer) crab riders? It'd probably be for the best in order to make the faction more unique.
    Lanayru will have both horses and crabs. And these:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Arurodas:
    While adults of these arachnid creatures are impossible to domesticate, many game hunters in Lanayru pride themselves over stealing unhatched eggs from Aruroda nests and taming the newborns as pets. As Arurodas get older their more violent tendencies surface, making them prime candidates as beasts of war. While not particularly fast above the ground, Arurodas can burrow and tunnel underneath the battlefield, which makes them ideal for surprise attacks as they surface in the middle of an unsuspecting army.

Surprisingly they have more custom animations then even flying units.

StarCraft 2 roaches ! Yay !

This will be a very nice tactical addition to the game. And it will make Lanayru a bit more interesting because so far I didn't really plan on playing them.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

scorpions for a zora faction intresting...
    they look like gohma
    Last edited by VGF254; February 26, 2012 at 05:55 AM.

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

@Neph
    The last fee additions will surely bolster the Lanayru ranks. That's a good thing since they were an extremely weak faction. Looking forward to try these out, hopefully in the near future

huhuran's Avatar Libertus

that is awesome... I wasn't planning on trying the lanayru till now....
    nephew you are really good at this

huhuran's Avatar Libertus

Sorry I meant to say neph I have an annoying auto corrector

Lovely looking models! It's good to hear that some faction's unit lists are beginning to grow larger =D

By the way, considering you are adding these new units, are we going to see the Unit To-Do List updated with the new units that are being made/going to be made?

...And maybe even some more of my creations from the old Tech Tree's turning up? =D You know you want to!
    Last edited by PaulH; February 26, 2012 at 09:31 AM.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Excellent new Lanayru unit. These new additions might make the Lanayru a force to be reckoned with while giving a Lanayru player very unique tactical abilities.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Love to see my favourite scorpions in the game... though it's kind of strange to see these creatures of the desert among water dwellers (and with a bran mark on their head to boot).

But hey, so long as I get to play with them, I'm not complaining.

Love to see my favourite scorpions in the game... though it's kind of strange to see these creatures of the desert among water dwellers (and with a bran mark on their head to boot).

Works nicely if they can only purchase them in desert territories though.

Patrician Artifex

I suppose making them native to Lanyru was sort of a nod to Skyward Sword despite my personal opinion of the game. Modarachs and the Arachas seemed similar enough to the Arurodas to warant the Lanayru connection. Considering that there seemed to be a lot of throwbacks to AoL in Skyward Sword I'm sure the canon connection is more then coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Lovely looking models! It's good to hear that some faction's unit lists are beginning to grow larger =D
    That's pretty much the goal right now, to fill in all the remaining units for a campaign. Based on my experience with settlements that will probably take a long time to finish so I suppose I want to leave something that will satisfy people during that long delay.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    By the way, considering you are adding these new units, are we going to see the Unit To-Do List updated with the new units that are being made/going to be made?
    I'll update it sometime today, though I'm usually adding and removing things every day at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    though I'm usually adding and removing things every day at this rate.
    Ah, it's those tedious bits of being a Mod Leader that are the most enjoyable :p

Patrician Artifex

More stuff for today, hooray:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Talik the Red:
    A Dinalfos born of Death Mountain, Talik and her hidden colony was driven from their homes by the Gorons when she was young. For years she has been motivated to gather the Dinalfos and strike back at the Gorons to reclaim the Lizalfos homeland. While many of her kind agree with her, she often comes into conflict with Nardu the White, whom has far broader long term plans for the Lizalfos.

Always glad to see a reference to the Lizalfos' ancestral mountain home.

djmarkydee's Avatar Civis

nice, cant wait for a beta

great to see the mod progressing, I like the idea of defensive units, I presume these are stationary? could you explain what they are neph? im reallly lookin forward to seein the deku babas
    I shall consume... consume everything

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    great to see the mod progressing, I like the idea of defensive units, I presume these are stationary? could you explain what they are neph? im reallly lookin forward to seein the deku babas
    Yes Defensive Units are stationary more or less and are used to fortify positions such as a bridge. In the campaign they can't move from whatever city or castle they are trained or built from. Naturally they will be very handy in siege battles for defending certain areas such as a pass to a plaza.